Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 02-03-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

Go on SiCoe take Slys place.

I can beat you but Sly is a much better toy car driver than both of us.

Think of our F ratings!
Old 02-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danDanEFC View Post
Go on SiCoe take Slys place.

I can beat you but Sly is a much better toy car driver than both of us.

Think of our F ratings!
I'll even use my mini8.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 02-03-2012

Send a message via MSN to craigosh

Just wondering if anyone suggesting central booking in for Regionals is going to step-up and actually offer to set it all up and run it?

I don't see it easing how fast they all book up anyway. Your just going to get EVERY regional booking up in a week!

Agree with Mr Pimlott that the Regionals really now have to become 2 day events. Its the only way we are likely to cope with the current demand.
Old 02-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

TBH I'm so bad my F rating doesn't actually improve if I do take part! And this year I'd be in the much more popular 2wd class and score even less points.

What we need is a regional class that only you and I race in, so we are guaranteed 100 and 99 points a round respectively......

Anyway Aidan, being able to beat me is nothing to boast about. Track markers can beat me!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 03-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigosh View Post
Just wondering if anyone suggesting central booking in for Regionals is going to step-up and actually offer to set it all up and run it?

I don't see it easing how fast they all book up anyway. Your just going to get EVERY regional booking up in a week!

Agree with Mr Pimlott that the Regionals really now have to become 2 day events. Its the only way we are likely to cope with the current demand.

True they'd all book up, but if they all book up with people committed to doing the whole series thats got to be a good thing.
The problem tends to be a mad rush for the first round or 2, then gradual trailing off after that.
There is also a lot of only doing the local one etc.
Basically everyone that wants to qualify for an F rating should get a chance. Central booking could help priorise that.

And I think I said I would help though I admit I'm no expert so would need someone more knowledgeable to do the actual running.

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 03-03-2012
Mad Member

The only problem we have is too many people racing on one day

The only way to split the people is the 2WD/4WD classes

Move the 2WD regionals and 4WD regionals to seperate sundays.

Problem solved.

No need for a central booking in process either, because the over subscription problem goes away.

AND im sure it could be implemented this year.
Old 03-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
The only problem we have is too many people racing on one day

The only way to split the people is the 2WD/4WD classes

Move the 2WD regionals and 4WD regionals to seperate sundays.

Problem solved.

No need for a central booking in process either, because the over subscription problem goes away.

AND im sure it could be implemented this year.

I agree with running 2wd and 4wd on separate days . This would only work in an ideal world.
We only have four clubs so if each club ran a 2wd and 4wd that would only make a four round series.
Then you would get the drivers who do both classes dropping one due to the expense of fuel and travelling,
Old 03-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo_Snr View Post
I agree with running 2wd and 4wd on separate days . This would only work in an ideal world.
We only have four clubs so if each club ran a 2wd and 4wd that would only make a four round series.
Then you would get the drivers who do both classes dropping one due to the expense of fuel and travelling,
As already been said by RickRick, run 2 rounds at each NW club.

2 @ Southport
2 @ Bury
2 @ Southlakes

1 clockwise and then 1 anti-clockwise for a thought?

count 4 from 6, for each class 2WD / 4WD. Yes this takes up 12 weekends, but tough shit, it solves a problem.

Yes the travelling costs are then increased for the people who want to do it, the people who dont, dont have to travel.

Maybe the hosting club could make up numbers by running extra heats of non regional points scoring heats for club members i.e. at a southlakes 4wd regional have a guest heat or 2 of 2WD ?

This is the way forward.
Old 03-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:

2 @ Southport
2 @ Bury
2 @ Southlakes

count 4 from 6, for each class 2WD / 4WD. Yes this takes up 12 weekends, but tough shit, it solves a problem.

Yes the travelling costs are then increased for the people who want to do it, the people who dont, dont have to travel.

Maybe the hosting club could make up numbers by running extra heats of non regional points scoring heats for club members i.e. at a southlakes 4wd regional have a guest heat or 2 of 2WD ?

This is the way forward.
We all know that this is what should of happened and we all know that its to late to do this for 2012.
Stu Wood will do a better job then stu evans has done, I thank stu Evans for his effort and time but also would say he has done a poor job over the last 2 yrs with not addressing this recurring problem.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 03-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
20th of Feb is when the first booking was received, and the last one before a reserve list was started was 29th so my maths makes that over a week.

Si coe, did you send a email to book in? If not you can have mine.
That's kind of like asking a 3 legged horse run the grand national!!

Again selfless act offering your space to some one who didn't get in you did the same for me last year but I'd spat my dummy by then and decided to cut my nose offf instead!!! top bloke

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 03-03-2012

Quote:

2 @ Southport
2 @ Bury
2 @ Southlakes

a guest heat or 2 of 2WD ?

This is the way forward.
So what you are actually saying is that each club would have to run 4 regionals each.
Old 03-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo_Snr View Post
So what you are actually saying is that each club would have to run 4 regionals each.
It's only a suggestion, Whats the issue?

People pay more to race at a regional and like i said before the hosting club could add a few more heats on the regional for club racers not scoring points on that perticular day!

Its win win
Old 03-03-2012

Quote:
It's only a suggestion, Whats the issue?

People pay more to race at a regional and like i said before the hosting club could add a few more heats on the regional for club racers not scoring points on that perticular day!

Its win win
With Nationals / Euros / Worlds etc there are not enough weeks in the summer.
Old 03-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If we don't close on the weeks other clubs run a regional that would help.

At Bury we have quite a few truck racers for example that don't race regionals whatever the format, so a regional in Southport means nothing to them. Last year they were asking us to open when regionals were on. If the regional is just say 4wd, then those with only 2wd's aren't going to be going either, so again you can still hold a club meet.

The downside is that closing for regionals helps promote the series, but if its over subscribed as it is thats less of an issue.

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 03-03-2012
Stu-Perstar

I think you should all just wait and see what happens.
I have had confirmation now off all clubs to hold an emergency meeting so we can talk about this year and I hope to organise that over the next week and hope to hold it very soon after that.
We also have a meeting with the BRCA on the 27th of March so if anyone has any ideas please let me know and I can ask when I go.
Lets just wait a while and see what this meeting brings and we can put all this to bed.
Thanks
Stu Wood
North West Rep
Old 03-03-2012
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

hi stu

could you please ask the BRCA if they say only people with a postcode from that region can actully race in that region i am 1 of the people from east yorkshire and to be fair im feeling alot of unwelcomeness from some of the north west drivers and im considering pulling out and not racing in any regionals

ps i already know the answer but might clear it up for some of the others
Old 03-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
I think you should all just wait and see what happens.
I have had confirmation now off all clubs to hold an emergency meeting so we can talk about this year and I hope to organise that over the next week and hope to hold it very soon after that.
We also have a meeting with the BRCA on the 27th of March so if anyone has any ideas please let me know and I can ask when I go.
Lets just wait a while and see what this meeting brings and we can put all this to bed.
Thanks
Stu Wood
North West Rep
Hi Stu,

Might there be a change to the dates for this year?

Barry
Kyosho RB5
Tamiya M03
Schumacher Mi3.5
Schumacher Mi4LP

My feedback
Old 03-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by footey View Post
hi stu

could you please ask the BRCA if they say only people with a postcode from that region can actully race in that region i am 1 of the people from east yorkshire and to be fair im feeling alot of unwelcomeness from some of the north west drivers and im considering pulling out and not racing in any regionals

ps i already know the answer but might clear it up for some of the others

You shouldn't feel unwelcome as you haven't done anything wrong. As the rules presently stand (and will for the 2012 season) you are legitimately allowed to take part in this series, just as much so as any other driver.

What is being proposed is a rule change for the 2013 season - no such rule exists now so you can't be breaking it.
The reason for the proposal isn't because we hate people from Yorkshire (though its a good reason ) its simply to control numbers in the North West region. Nobody bears you personally any ill wish, and we'd rather you could race with us, but something needs to be done.....

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 03-03-2012
Mad Member

Just to let you know, in the Mid-West we run 5 x 4wd regionals and 5x 2wd Regionals over the summer, works really well as this year we have 5 clubs participating so each club gets one round of each

PS: I live in the North West but choose to go to the Mid-West because of threads like this even it means travelling 2.5 hours Ledbury and 2 hours to Coventry and Hinckley instead of 40 mins to Southport and 35 mins to Bury
Old 03-03-2012
Mad Member

PPS: Any rule proposal to ban drivers from entering a regional series they don't live in is laughable, good luck to Woody with sorting out you lot! Knowing Stu as I do he'll do a great job (if you guys let him)