Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 17-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by samd View Post
Start or end??
Not sure, this is the translation:

"Aiming toward the sale in late July, it is the Team Durango DEX410 buggy which does test travelling of the last mass production sample at each area, but because the margin of improvement is discovered to performance, modifying the material of further improvement and the part part decided. Sale day late July -> became modification into the earlier August attendant upon this decision. Already, the customer who has received reservation, in addition the store way we applying great annoyance, very much there is no excuse, but now please wait for a while to decision of final release day. When release day decides, at our company web sight and the like it is the schedule which you inform urgently"
Old 17-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender View Post
Not sure, this is the translation:

"Aiming toward the sale in late July, it is the Team Durango DEX410 buggy which does test travelling of the last mass production sample at each area, but because the margin of improvement is discovered to performance, modifying the material of further improvement and the part part decided. Sale day late July -> became modification into the earlier August attendant upon this decision. Already, the customer who has received reservation, in addition the store way we applying great annoyance, very much there is no excuse, but now please wait for a while to decision of final release day. When release day decides, at our company web sight and the like it is the schedule which you inform urgently"
Obviously it's a bit hard to tell, but my best guess is they are saying they don't know the exact date, may be saying they are expecting early August earlier in the paragraph though?

At the moment in the UK these have to be bought direct yeah, no shops are able to sell the actual kits, The Race place just spares? Assuming that's so how have people found the communication with Team Durango, do they reply to emails?
Old 17-07-2009
Mad Member

Yes pal, they have replied to my emails in a couple of days and seem very helpful and approatchable.
Old 17-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by samd View Post
Yes pal, they have replied to my emails in a couple of days and seem very helpful and approatchable.
Is that sales@team-Durango.com? Think I'm definitely gonna have to join you in running one!
Old 17-07-2009
Mad Member

Thats it, use the europe link on the web page to register your pre order, then send them a email in a couple of days to confirm they have received it and they should get back to you and send you a price list!
Be good to have a few of us running these Dave!
Old 17-07-2009

My car with GM Genius 120 ESC + small Spectrum Receiver

Sorry for the poor quality

Ebi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0004.jpg (45.2 KB, 311 views)
Old 17-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've been told today "late July/early August" so is presumably still on schedule!

Also found out delivery charge is on top of the kit price, hope it's only a uk delivery!

Wonder how many preorders they've had!
Old 17-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Also don't forget that the car is still being tested. So the dates may change.

Adam even found some little issues last week with the car that need sorting, so its this testing that will be making the car pefect when it comes out to us.

Still can't wit though.
Old 17-07-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post

Adam even found some little issues last week with the car that need sorting, so its this testing that will be making the car pefect when it comes out to us.

Still can't wit though.
What was the little issues with the car then?

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Old 17-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post

Still can't wit though.
Hmm, does make you think though, if parts are being redesigned how will it be out inside 4 weeks ish?

Must be horrible for companies to do push backs, all that cash arriving later than expected, more design costs than expected, ouch!!
Old 19-07-2009

I see the motor is mounted on the other side of the chassis to the std B44 etc ... is there a reason for this ?
Old 19-07-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

I think the predicted release date is pretty much spot on, You'll be able to do all your testing on setups etc over the winter months ready for the new season. Fair doos, it is one seeexxxxy looking car (tissues please!)
Old 20-07-2009

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Hmm, does make you think though, if parts are being redesigned how will it be out inside 4 weeks ish?

Must be horrible for companies to do push backs, all that cash arriving later than expected, more design costs than expected, ouch!!
Please Re-read Tel-Boys post first. No re-designing, just little changes. When car's go from pre-production prototypes to full production runs little issues can creep in.

There's no major changes to any parts of the car. Just to the processes that make the parts which will make the car the best out of the box car on the market.