Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 20-04-2013

Exclamation When buying you have to trust people

Hi you think you can trust people I wanted some rear hubs for Durango I put it on your wanted I had a replay so they offered them at good price but two weeks off waiting still no hubs !!! So I want massage them but they have blocked all my massage !! So don't by any think from SANTOSRC they take your money but don't send you any goods!!
Old 20-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

There is a thread on maxbashing about him, a scammer.

They seem to crop up and have exactly what you want at a good price and push for quick gift PayPal payment.

In future don't pay by gift and do some homework on the user name by using the search function for trader feedback.

Also check out how many posts they have and when they joined.

Sorry it's happened to you but hopefully the tips above will help in the future

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 20-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHeadling View Post
In future don't pay by gift

That's the important part....you weren't giving a gift (although the clue is in the name as you have now!!!)...you were buying goods. Paypal give the payment types names for a reason.

If a seller won't allow you to pay as goods...ask yourself why and walk away! Anyone selling fairly and legitimately shouldn't mind (in fact should already be!) including the fees in their price and allowing you to pay as goods.
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 20-04-2013

Thanks for advice I have brought off hear and had no trouble in the past I just had a bit bad luck I was hoping to racing tomorrow I'm more pissed off about that as like racing at worm club :-(
Old 20-04-2013
Mad Member

I can't see that name in the members list?

How about posting their paypal address up so everyone else is aware if they they decide to use another log in name and do the same again

If they have zero/low post count and haven't posted with much relevance then best bet is to avoid trading with or insist on regular paypal with fees.

as an example I've just notice a seller recently posting lots of items in trade section, saw they have a post count of 49 but when you look deeper every post is in the trade section.... would you trust them?
Old 20-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team 36 View Post
Thanks for advice I have brought off hear and had no trouble in the past I just had a bit bad luck I was hoping to racing tomorrow I'm more pissed off about that as like racing at worm club :-(
Have you tried Rob at South West RC? They stock Durango bits....and will be trackside tomorrow...give them a call today!

There are a lot of other Durango racers too, so you might get lucky depending on what you need.
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 20-04-2013

What about compiling a so called "black list" so if if anyone gets burnt, you simply put their address on the list as per the say so of an admin...........

Of course all this would be avoided if gift payments were outlawed !

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103724
Old 20-04-2013
oOple Advertiser

It all a case of common sense. IF your paying as a gift payment(many people do to me) just be sure they are well known and have a good reputation.
Someone that magically appears with exactly what you want has no feed back and want a gift payment avoid like the plague.
Old 20-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

On the other hand what about the number of people who have sold items only for the buyer to deny receiving them and claim back their money from paypal leaving the seller out of pocket and losing the item. Selling to a new member how do you know you wont get ripped off. In such cases gift is the only form of protection for a seller.
Old 20-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodgit View Post
On the other hand what about the number of people who have sold items only for the buyer to deny receiving them and claim back their money from paypal leaving the seller out of pocket and losing the item. Selling to a new member how do you know you wont get ripped off. In such cases gift is the only form of protection for a seller.
100% agree, gift can be used as seller protection

It's down to the 2 parties in a sale to use common sense and protect themselves accordingly

There is the option of requesting more info/pics sent to a mobile or a phone number and speaking to the other person before going ahead with sale/purchase. if they refuse then walk away

These scrotes are not particularly clever in their methods, just abusing the nature of us wanting shiny things yesterday and at bargain prices.

A paypal address/username black list as a sticky will make it a bit harder for scammers but it would need to go through oOple gods so it can't be abused
Old 20-04-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodgit View Post

I always send items recorded delivery, If they want them sending unrecorded I insist on gift payment.
That way we are either both protected or neither of us are. Personal preference is to send things recorded. But it and be expensive sending them out of the U.K.
Old 20-04-2013

If Rob a South West RC hasnt got any, i have a std set in my box you can use
come and see me at Race Control(pitside cafe), we will get you racing anyway we can
~Schumacher KF2~
~Schumacher Atom~
~BSR Basher-RallyX~
~Ascociated RC8.2e RallyX~
~TeamC T8EV3 RallyX~
phat bodies
worm-racing
http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk
Old 20-04-2013
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

What im trying to do, is what other forums currently do. When i ask for more information on an item, i'll ask for a picture of said item, with a piece of paper with my email address and date on there.

Then you know they have the product, its not a scam then decide between both people to send via gift or pay fees - however recorded delivery is a MUST. Both people then know if it has arrived, and any more issues can be dealt with by the postal insurance.
Old 20-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team 36 View Post
Hi you think you can trust people I wanted some rear hubs for Durango I put it on your wanted I had a replay so they offered them at good price but two weeks off waiting still no hubs !!! So I want massage them but they have blocked all my massage !! So don't by any think from SANTOSRC they take your money but don't send you any goods!!
I think I can join your club on the same person he scammed me out of £55 as I put a wanted post for a hobbywing esc but no goods avoid this dick but im goin though my bamk to get the money back as my bank nd paypal are working on it to get my money back
Old 20-04-2013

Hi everyone thanks for the advice and offers I will not be racing tomorrow as i lost £20 I race on budget so have save a bit off money and buy from a dealer the scum PayPal address is TOMMYSANTOS@OUTLOOK.COM so don't buy any think from him!!!
Old 20-04-2013
Mad Member

Default hmmmmmmm

so many posts/threads about this

buyer beware.
simple

rules.............

IF you know the seller and have dealt with them or feedback is awsome. then paypal gift is OK/.

IF you dont know them, or no feedback etc, the paypal normal and pay the small fees............. end of.

Please dont expect comeback any other way. Its a dog eat dog world and sadly there is soooo many scammers out there. we have to be careful.

so dont part with hard earned money on a "great deal" thats to good to be true. You WILL get stuffed.........................:thumbd own::ma d:
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 21-04-2013

Since taking up this hobby, which was only a few months ago, I've only ever brought items from people at my club, face to face. It's a real shame but the amount of these posts on Oople have really put me off trying the trader section. I'm sure is only a few bad apples but it does seem like these posts are way too common. What makes it even stranger is that everyone at my club and here on the forum are just ace! Who are these...choose your words...idiots?
Old 21-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw123 View Post
Since taking up this hobby, which was only a few months ago, I've only ever brought items from people at my club, face to face. It's a real shame but the amount of these posts on Oople have really put me off trying the trader section. I'm sure is only a few bad apples but it does seem like these posts are way too common. What makes it even stranger is that everyone at my club and here on the forum are just ace! Who are these...choose your words...idiots?
This is a shame, you really shouldnt be afraid to trade on oople, as you say, there is only a very small minority that are trying to spoil it. And if you protect yourself, then it doesn't matter if they try and fleece you as paypal will always side with the buyer.

I normally use gift, but have no issues with paying the fee if I don't know the person or they're new to the forum. Just makes sense.

Old 21-04-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw123 View Post

You've just got to use a bit of common sense. Would you hand money over to a complete stranger on the street with the promise they would go home and bring you back goods you have paid for?
There is a trader feed back section on this site for a very good reason. Use it and buy with confidence. Hand money over to a complete random and expect to get ripped off.
Old 21-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
You've just got to use a bit of common sense. Would you hand money over to a complete stranger on the street with the promise they would go home and bring you back goods you have paid for?
There is a trader feed back section on this site for a very good reason. Use it and buy with confidence. Hand money over to a complete random and expect to get ripped off.
This is a very fair and sensible approach. If you adopt this ideal, and pay with fees if in doubt, you wont go far wrong.