Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Old 15-01-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by honrico Diablo View Post
Great job on the new ramp mate! Definitely provided some stunts!

I think we need to think about its location, Archie was nearly it in the head during practice, and I nearly hit Chris in the face with a Durango! maybe up top were the goal posts are turning off the straight?

Any thoughts? Would hate to see someone hurt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieZXR View Post
Yeah agree.... The ramp needs not to have a runway leading up to it :-) or if it's a big air job it needs the landing zone away from the entry door to the hall and any potential marshal station hahahaha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO View Post
I think it needs moving as we'll it's pretty dangerous if some one goes at it to fast.when running the track anti clockwise should be fine,mabe putting it at one of the sides is a good idea it needs to be somewhere that doesn't create blind spots as we'll.if not mabe moving it further back further from the entrance could help ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyp View Post
As I said in a previous post

It was the first time out with the ramp and we have obviously learnt a few things, the track was a "all hands on deck" to get it built as we had spent time sorting the garage and didn't leave too much time for the build

Generally tho it usually is a slow in/slow out section to the ramp so I'm sure we will try this next

As for the placement I don't think you can really move it from I front of the rostrum, any where else I think you would create blind spots on either the up or down ramp
As Andy says about the location of the ramp, we could only move the ramp slightly closer to the rostrum so there wasn't any blind spots around the track and maybe a bit further away from race control........the easiest solution would be to run the track anti clock wise so we would be jumping away from race control......that way anybody watching or waiting for there heat would have less chance of being hit with a stray buggy from the jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty boys motorsport View Post
not if you swap the main straight to infront of the rostrum and the jump to where the main straight normally is, that way the crowds near the door wont get jumped on from flying cars.......or we could all do what i did...not much air and powered on the down ramp to the corner
Nail on head.....most people were getting carried away with big air jumps, if you made a mistake on the way up anybody was up for being a target.......if you landed on the down ramp then you had more control of your buggy into the corner......I also think it was the fastest way to do that section of the track......its easier to control a buggy on the track than in the air !!!

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/
Old 10-06-2015

Ok so it has been a long while coming but i got my arse in gear this week and got some extras built with the wood i still had from the original build.

these are only about 8" tall so they shouldn't be any worry about steep up ramps or big air off of them.

they can be arranged in a straight table top type formation or a corner table top or even the ramp type bits could be used on there own.

Not the best pics but you get the idea, a few bits to finish off still and I'm hoping to make a trolley so they can be stacked on ant the wheeled into the garage in a '1 er' without tacking up to much space.

now i have a small problem, when i made the first ones i had my van but i have since got rid of it and have a car... the problem being i am going to struggle getting them up to sea ham, does anyone have access to a large ish van that they could be transported in? I'm in the stockton area so i know it abit out of the way.
Old 10-06-2015

Nice work Andy they look the business them can't help with transport though sorry but you have done a cracking job there
Old 10-06-2015

Nice one Andy.. Looking good!
You doing any regionals this year?
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 10-06-2015
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyp View Post
Ok so it has been a long while coming but i got my arse in gear this week and got some extras built with the wood i still had from the original build.

these are only about 8" tall so they shouldn't be any worry about steep up ramps or big air off of them.

they can be arranged in a straight table top type formation or a corner table top or even the ramp type bits could be used on there own.

Not the best pics but you get the idea, a few bits to finish off still and I'm hoping to make a trolley so they can be stacked on ant the wheeled into the garage in a '1 er' without tacking up to much space.

now i have a small problem, when i made the first ones i had my van but i have since got rid of it and have a car... the problem being i am going to struggle getting them up to sea ham, does anyone have access to a large ish van that they could be transported in? I'm in the stockton area so i know it abit out of the way.
Great work again Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO View Post
Nice work Andy they look the business them can't help with transport though sorry but you have done a cracking job there
Could always pick these up early on the friday in the luton van and take a light load up to gypsies green ???

Will need help from as many people as possible to load/unload and sort the garage out to make all the ramps/jumps fit in the garage !!!

Can we also put some ideas down as to what we want features we want and the layout of the track ???

Cheers

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/
Old 11-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifta View Post
Nice one Andy.. Looking good!
You doing any regionals this year?
Hopefully doing the rest of the series Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Forster View Post
Great work again Andy

Could always pick these up early on the friday in the luton van and take a light load up to gypsies green ???

Will need help from as many people as possible to load/unload and sort the garage out to make all the ramps/jumps fit in the garage !!!

Can we also put some ideas down as to what we want features we want and the layout of the track ???

Cheers
Ok that's an idea dex, hopefully I can get them to the club before, I'm hoping these will stack end on a trolly so shouldn't take up too much room in the garage