Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 14-05-2011

Default Marshalling

Just a few gripes about last nights marshaling. Heat 2 had ten racers yet there was probably only about three that actually bothered marshaling the first round. This caused problems for me and the lads in the top heat where we ended having to get off the bench to Marshall our own carsokay you can say we should not be crashing but even in the top heat there are racers at very different abilities. The other issue last night was marshall's not doing the basics. I personally had a Marshall flip my car straight over back on its roof but he had already walked off before realising. This cost me 2nd place to 8th then the same Marshall put my car the wrong way on the track. To me these seem like basic errors that I would expect my six year old to make and was not just me that was complaining. Other than that Great Nights racing as always and it was great to see everyone getting involved in building up the track
Old 14-05-2011

Did the race organiser ensure marshalls were out?
Old 15-05-2011

yea last night there was a few marshalling problems, a few poeple seem to think they dont need to marshal, as for race control there was a new person learning how to run the system so think checking marshals are out kinda got over looked, plus there was some quick starts, only minor things i think.

was realy good racing last night enjoyed it and finally getting in the top battles, didnt finish a full race properly tho after a few tyre problems and breakages, ended up finishing 8th in a-final cos left front tyre was half off lol unglued its self, was battling for 2nd before that.

mitch

Old 17-05-2011

Default Marshalling

Hi All, I was running race control on Friday and I was trying to show someone else how to run race control.

I will try to remember this Friday to remind everone that it is their responsibility to be at their Marshal Positions when the race starts.

The last couple of weeks we have been trying to run the computer on automatic.

This means that you only have 2 minutes between races.

This should be just enough to take your car over to your table and then return to your Marshalling position.

If we make this longer we will have to reduce on track race time.

Regards
Eric