Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 03-10-2016

Default changing from B5m to B6

just after peoples opinions

Im fairly new, love buggy racing and Im no expert but at the local indoor events Im usually middleish of the results, not so good at qualifying but usually get the job done in the final LOL

anyway I have a pretty much fully pimped B5m, all the goodies, I have pretty much every option available and a load of spares,

however, ENVY has set in

I really would like a B6, for the indoor carpet racing it really does look like the better car, but part of me is thinking that Im just not good enough and its a waste of money

has anyone in a similar position changed from a B5m to a B6 for carpet racing and really noticed a difference
RC10B74 Maclan powered

#rcoctane
#teamrcoctane
Old 03-10-2016
Mad Member

horrible thing envy me im just greedy i want everything

if you get to point where you honestly beleive you cant get any more from the B5 then yes

however if you cant make 5 mins without an error and are at least a lap off the tq man id probably say no

if you have spare cash then YES !!

dont think i helped much did I

dave 25 years of being crap at racing but still hooked ! When we talk about Vintage R/C i naturally qualify !! if not the cars
Old 03-10-2016
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

I think the previous post sums it up nicely! I myself am in a similar position, but having no cash I will be running my B5MCE over the winter. I am in two minds in that I am still able to compete with the B5M, the car still has life in it and is not worn in anyway. I think that with the 3 gear should still be available.
Old 03-10-2016

cheers for the honest replies guys

its pretty much as I thought, in total honesty the B5m is way better than Im ever likely to be, but you know how it is, you see the guys that you used to be better than, and now they have new cars and have got better LOL

but I then look and think that I have a good car, but more importantly a huge amount of spares

would have to buy the B6 and a few spares and upgrades, never ever cheap LOL

maybe get £150 for all mine, B6 is 240

I suppose at least all the shocks and springs etc would be ok, just seems a shame as the B5m is all schelle hubs and clutch etc etc

hmmmm

think I have talked myself out of it
RC10B74 Maclan powered

#rcoctane
#teamrcoctane
Old 03-10-2016
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

It's easy to get swayed by the latest kit etc.. I do like to look and see how many people you can still beat running an old(er) car. I made every A final at Kiddy summer series running my 'old' car. Why not ask for a nice Xmas gift of the B6 and keep the B5M as a wet car with ball diff, softer setup etc... for next year? That's what I'm planning lol
Old 03-10-2016

I have a b5m ce with all the goodies, ally steering ally hubs titainium screws and a whole list more of bits, for carpet racing the b6 is night and day different to drive has a more natural feel to the sterring and feels more agile over bumps and jumps I would say it's worth the change.

I also run a b5 b44.3 b44.2 rc10 worlds kf2 kf2 se sv2 losi 22 2.0 and a super hotshot and would say the b6 is on par with the kf2 once set up.
Old 03-10-2016
Mad Member

I think as a rule, the worst kit in the best hands will always beat the best kit in the worst hands, so as a rule, 90% of us ought to be striving to get more out of what we have which is what was said in the posts above.

But when you see people that you were on a par with suddenly turn up with a new car and put 1/2 a second a lap on you then the temptation will always be there. That is what manufacturers rely on.

For the mid field driver, sometimes getting a new car and going for a kit set up often gives a good feel which we slowly drift away from as we use a car for a while. I know I ought to have a "set up sheet" but I don't and over time the tweaks I make can slowly slow the car down (I'm no set up expert) and going back to a kit set up with my current car would probably give me a similar benefit

If you want one and you can afford it then go for it. Will you go from mid C final to winning A finals? Probably not.

When I went from my BMax2 to YZ2 it instantly gave me a second a lap improvement and I just like driving it. I didn't win any A finals, but it did put me ahead of a handful of people that I used to be behind

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 03-10-2016

Now is not the best time to be buying a new kit as there will be new cars being released between now and 2017, and in any case there soon will be some B6's for sale from drivers that jumped, just to be the first.

Molly Brindle is still driving her 210 Durango and getting in to A finals and that car must be at least three years old, just stay away from the adverts and shop web sites. as with all racing the most important thing is practice, practice, practice and new rubber
Old 03-10-2016

I have both , a b5m factory lite with all the hop ups and a b6d . I'm no pro driver far from it infact , but i found I'm at least 2secs a lap quicker with my stock b6d .
Old 03-10-2016

Cheers guys.

Thanks Carb. Mr multi car lol.. you had more cars thsn i had hot dinners lol.

Maybe i wait a bit. Think its just the lil green monster in me that sees shiney new kits and thinks.....ooohhhhh

Was also just thinking that moving b5m on at moment probably easier than in several months time when new ones come out.

Perhaps advertise b5m and if it sells. Then buy b6
RC10B74 Maclan powered

#rcoctane
#teamrcoctane