Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 18-01-2007

Send a message via MSN to LiamD
Default 12th circuit

Who's got one then?

And where do you race it?
Old 18-01-2007
Administrator

I got one last year - I need to get it up and running but since I got it I've literally not touched it. No time They are like grown up mardaves, and I really enjoyed racing those - because I used to win haha..
Old 18-01-2007

Ha, I get mine out now and again (12th scale that is ).

Used to be a hardcore 12th driver, but I gave up after the 2005 Euros. Then got back into it this winter... it's addictive!!

I did the TRCC national in November, and i'm going to do the Chesterfield GP next month.
Old 18-01-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

I would get one, but track laying down this neck of the woods isn't good enough, I did play with them when the 12th Nationals first came to Wales in 95/96?? mucho great fun!!!
Old 19-01-2007

Send a message via MSN to LEGEND
Red face

hi liam you know that i have got a twelth but what date is that Chesterfield GP on not that i would probably be allowed to go. im just currious.

The reason why my dad will probably be in another country by then.
Old 19-01-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I have quite fancied a go at 12th, one of the main reasons... I think my colours would look SO dialled on an LM car body!

its one of the few on-road classes that interests me
Old 19-01-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGEND View Post
hi liam you know that i have got a twelth but what date is that Chesterfield GP on not that i would probably be allowed to go. im just currious.

The reason why my dad will probably be in another country by then.
It's the same weekend as the Batley Supercup - February 17/18th. The entry is probably full by now as it's always a popular meeting. It's my bogey track, yet somehow I always enjoy it!!!

Chris, I believe you now have probably the best 12th manafacturer as your sponsor, so why not have a go?
Old 15-02-2007

yeah 1/12th looks great,though its hard to find clubs that run it in the East of England, i've droped hints to some of the touring car clubs locally but no one seems that interested. Strange cos though i can't see the appeal of tc, and i don't see why if your into tc why you would'nt want to run 1/12th, it would have to make ya a better driver( which is another reason i'd be well up for it).

Go for it boys, and good luck, and if anyone knows were i might find a regular 1/12th club not a million miles from Colchester give us a clue!
Old 15-02-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

I gave 12th a go last year, and it was quite hard to be fast at it, the set up had to be spot on, thumbs were at a non stop pace for 8 mins, along with watery eyes due to over concentration!

It was fun while i toyed with them, you had to be very precise with everything, somthing i can do.. but gets tireing.
Old 18-03-2007

What are the 1/12th's like for setting up. My local Club has mentioned running a class at the next winter season if there is enough interest, so was thinking of getting one.
Old 18-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifteenthNeo View Post
What are the 1/12th's like for setting up. My local Club has mentioned running a class at the next winter season if there is enough interest, so was thinking of getting one.
can be quite fiddly i think but they are awesome to run....certainly teach you a thing or two about throttle control!
Old 18-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifteenthNeo View Post
Make sure everything is straight, the tweak is set and don't run chunked tyres. Pretty basic stuff from any class of racing really. All this about it being fiddly to set up is bollocks - the only fiddly bit is taping your cells in. I've ran the same set up and tyres on my 12th since i've had it, and managed some pretty good results with it too.

Get one and stick with a 19T, with a bit of talent you'll beat most people running a mod or brushless on a small track.
Old 18-03-2007

Thanks for that, apart from the RC12L4 is their any other kits on the market that are recommended?

I have seen the CRC Generation X and the Corally SP12X.
Old 18-03-2007

I would go for the 12L4, it's a proven car straight out the box. (except the tyres, you'll need purple front, grey rear for any UK track).

The Calandras are good, but I always found them a bit complicated, and could never get them to handle how I wanted.
Old 18-03-2007

Cool, thanks for the tire tip. Its a small'ish indoor track thats mostly twist and turns with a single 12mtr straight. So the tire tips helps alot.

Im pretty much decided on the 12L4 to be honest.
Old 18-03-2007

Add to the list of available car on 1:12th:
- Team Laje Speed Evil
- Kawada M300RSX
- Trinity Black Widow
- CRC Carpet Knife V3.2
- Corally SP12M
- CEFX
- Team Super Merchant Rev4

You can go wrong with an Associated RC12L4 or a Corally. If you want an exotic car, run one out of Associated and Corally
Old 19-03-2007
Mad Member

1/12th is great, start with an L4, change the tyres and you are ready to go. There are detail setup changes to refine the handling to your driving style but the kit setup will be more or less right. As long as you make sure it isn't tweaked it will work just about anywhere.

If you have been used to driving touring cars though you will have to learn how to drive properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juddy View Post
Strange cos though i can't see the appeal of tc, and i don't see why if your into tc why you would'nt want to run 1/12th, it would have to make ya a better driver
Probably because it's more about the driver than the car? Throwing money at 1/12th won't make you go any faster and having a year old car doesn't mean you are uncompetitive
Old 19-03-2007

Quote:
Throwing money at 1/12th won't make you go any faster and having a year old car doesn't mean you are uncompetitive
I know someone who does and he can't get any higher than an A final and it's not me, although I've tried

FifteenthNeo

RC12L4 is the way to go. More folk run them.

2 hop-ups that get bought for this car are the IRS lowered front arms (£7.50 a pair) and IRS/Calandra rear pod plates (£30). Both allow you to run the foams a little longer on the car as they wear down.

Foams if your on a budget, get the BRM purple front/grey rears, good enough for the A final @ a national last season with Anthony Potter and I made a C @ Hereford last year in mod on same compounds using a 19T motor.
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 19-03-2007

Default ....

l4 is great car....spashett won the euros with the new corally
Old 19-03-2007

He's also the current World Champ using the Corally SP12X ‘US Spec’ which uses the L4 front suspension

CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class