Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler > UK Short Course Nationals

Old 13-08-2015

I know, i had to do the same last year for the club winter series. It was just an example. I appreciate it's simply not possible to please everyone. However with short course only a few race other classes, some people make more effort than others to attend. There's a good group of guys from the north who are very committed and travel some serious miles for this series, and this was my original point. Those who support the while series should be rewarded by keeping more of the points they earn and thus get a higher finishing position.
Old 13-08-2015

It seems to me all this is down to peoples placing in the championship and has nothing to do with the amount of rounds. As Darren has pointed out in a previous post the amount of rounds has no affect on the overall results. If the series had an overall goal like rallyx or 1\10 buggy with Euro qualification depending on finishing place I could understand but it doesn't. It happened in the truggy pros a few years back where the organisers had enough of the whining and pulled the whole series. No more truggy pros. This is supposed to be FUN!! We are supposed to be trying to get more people to race in the series not alienate racers away from it. That's my pennies worth. Thanks.
Old 13-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider SCT View Post
Btw I'm not bothered by the points issue personally, I end up where I end up. If it had been publicly declared 4 from 7 prior to rd 1 I would not have made a murmur
I disagree with you on the rounds-position point, it is far easier to get 4 good results (good results being subjective on what you believe your own ability to be) out of 7 than 5 good results out of 7 (again subjective)

4 from 7 allows us all to drop our 3 worst rounds, or only race at 4,5,6 or all 7 rounds and still qualify with full championship points. 5 out of 7 requires more commitment to complete the championship if you run it bare bones at 5rds (more if you want room for the bad days) and also, for us mere mortals there's more chance of a bad score(again subjective) being included in the finally tally.........that can affect your championship standings.

I personally would prefer the 4 out of 7 option as one of those up & down types of driver (so far this season......best score 195, worst 160) my worst 3 results get written off and thus lift me up the championship table.

4 out of 7 also allows racers who maybe on a tight budget,have other racing commitments, family commitments,illness, travel issues or any other reason that may crop up, to skip a round or two and still have a points finish

4 out of 7 is also more attractive to newbies to the uksc scene, hopefully, they enter a round as a tester ,enjoy it and want to do more if not all the rounds (as I did last year!)

Why would I argue against a ruling clearly in my favour and one I believe is good for uksc in general?

My participation in this thread wasn't about changing the ruling back to 5 rounds, changing any other rules or tightening the existing ones......... It was purely down to finding out after rd5's conclusion that a rule I personally asked to be clarified 2 months before the season start had been changed without all the racers being informed

I have received an answer,wether I'm satisfied with the answer or not is irrelevant but for me this wasn't ever about final positions or points. It was about organising my life around 7 rds of racing in the belief I only had 2 drop scores to play with (up and down driver remember)
On the plus side of this rule I can now skip round 7 as I have something else I can be doing that weekend and still have 2 drop scores!

Last edited by Slider SCT; 13-08-2015 at 11:13 PM.
Old 13-08-2015
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
I disagree with you on the rounds-position point, it is far easier to get 4 good results (good results being subjective on what you believe your own ability to be) out of 7 than 5 good results out of 7 (again subjective)

4 from 7 allows us all to drop our 3 worst rounds, or only race at 4,5,6 or all 7 rounds and still qualify with full championship points. 5 out of 7 requires more commitment to complete the championship if you run it bare bones at 5rds (more if you want room for the bad days) and also, for us mere mortals there's more chance of a bad score(again subjective) being included in the finally tally.........that can affect your championship standings.

I personally would prefer the 4 out of 7 option as one of those up & down types of driver (so far this season......best score 195, worst 160) my worst 3 results get written off and thus lift me up the championship table.

4 out of 7 also allows racers who maybe on a tight budget,have other racing commitments, family commitments,illness, travel issues or any other reason that may crop up, to skip a round or two and still have a points finish

4 out of 7 is also more attractive to newbies to the uksc scene, hopefully, they enter a round as a tester ,enjoy it and want to do more if not all the rounds (as I did last year!)

Why would I argue against a ruling clearly in my favour and one I believe is good for uksc in general?

My participation in this thread wasn't about changing the ruling back to 5 rounds, changing any other rules or tightening the existing ones......... It was purely down to finding out after rd5's conclusion that a rule I personally asked to be clarified 2 months before the season start had been changed without all the racers being informed

I have received an answer,wether I'm satisfied with the answer or not is irrelevant but for me this wasn't ever about final positions or points. It was about organising my life around 7 rds of racing in the belief I only had 2 drop scores to play with (up and down driver remember)
On the plus side of this rule I can now skip round 7 as I have something else I can be doing that weekend and still have 2 drop scores!
Very fair Steve (just like you letting me through in leg three last weekend when you thought I was lapping ;-), shame I binned it on the next corner though..... )
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 14-08-2015

I wrote several lines in my book of not so great racing moments last weekend!
Old 17-08-2015

Quote:
I wrote several lines in my book of not so great racing moments last weekend!
My latest has got to be this: Make sure you check your idler bearings regularly!