Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 16-07-2006

Send a message via MSN to craigosh
Default brushless problems

got my hands on a nice novak gtb with a 6.5 motor, ran it today at southport and in the first heat, the cap board desolderd from the positive and the cap blew frying it's positive connection..... :-(

Little unsure now what to do, do i replace the cap and try again, or replace the cap and get rid...

Anyone any ideas how to stop this from happening again? Would using a bigger cap help?

Also those plastic screws for the fan are cack, bent em putting the fan on... can i use some metal ones and does anyone know if they are american thread or metric?
Old 17-07-2006

Great replys lads :-P

Opened the motor up to check it and there appears to be string wrapped round the rotor, it looks like it's been deliberatly wrapped when the rotors been made as it covers the whole magnet part uniformly.. anyone else with a velociti motor able to confirm it? cant see how it could of got in there...
Old 18-07-2006
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigosh
Great replys lads :-P

Opened the motor up to check it and there appears to be string wrapped round the rotor, it looks like it's been deliberatly wrapped when the rotors been made as it covers the whole magnet part uniformly.. anyone else with a velociti motor able to confirm it? cant see how it could of got in there...
Just opened my 5.5 and there is string on mine which looks like it has varnish round it. I think the screws in the fan need to be plastic to reduce the risk of interfierance.
Old 18-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer Mulcahy
Just opened my 5.5 and there is string on mine which looks like it has varnish round it. I think the screws in the fan need to be plastic to reduce the risk of interfierance.
Yeah according apparently they've started wrapping the rotors...!
Novak say that ali screws are cool to use just watch for metal particles..

Opened it up last night and theres a nice scortch mark under the heat sink and each of the plugs is scortched so it's off back to the states for a re-manufactured replacement...