Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 06-04-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by watfordtrackwarrior View Post
you say that but not just in the states its same in othersports eg snooker where the uk is really the only country its played in yet we have a world championship
how true - and yet you guys also have all sorts of UK-only racing series and such and (no offense intended) call them "nationals," whereas in the States we have actual states that are as large as the UK.

~ it's all good
Old 06-04-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Actually, you probably got states that are BIGGER than the UK, but less POPULATED, but it's all good...
Old 06-04-2010
Banned

we prefer having a little space between our homes

some of our smaller states are amongst the more heavily populated compared to their land mass, which really proves nothing other than they're packed.

UK = 62 million
California = 37 million (plus another 49 states = 310 million)
Old 06-04-2010

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bored now sprocketnob
Old 06-04-2010
Banned

you do appear to get bored easily, shortbus, apparently when attempting to have an adult conversation
Old 06-04-2010
Mad Member

Rob, i have read your utter rubbish you post on an hourly basis on many forums now and it appears your the only one who consistently CANT have an adult conversation.

You feel the need to name call at every given opportunity and you don't appear to have the ability to accept when your wrong. Instead you retaliate with abusive and vindictive comments.

Please do us all a favor and go away now.

Anyone else agree with me?
Old 06-04-2010
Mad Member

I can't believe how such a seemingly innocent question/initial post has descended into such depths. The world of RC is freaking emotional man.
Old 06-04-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomj316 View Post
Rob, i have read your utter rubbish you post on an hourly basis on many forums now and it appears your the only one who consistently CANT have an adult conversation.

You feel the need to name call at every given opportunity and you don't appear to have the ability to accept when your wrong. Instead you retaliate with abusive and vindictive comments.

Please do us all a favor and go away now.

Anyone else agree with me?
playing tough guy doesn't look good on ya, barney

Old 07-04-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Old 07-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post
I can't believe how such a seemingly innocent question/initial post has descended into such depths. The world of RC is freaking emotional man.
Old 07-04-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketrob View Post
playing tough guy doesn't look good on ya, barney
Just goes to prove who really CANT have an adult conversation.

Jamie......
Old 07-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Last edited by peetbee; 08-04-2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Off Topic
Old 07-04-2010

Frogger

I understand your point. I am not challenging whether 18th scalers are the "right" or the "wrong" product.

There's a few tracks in my area, and they cater to 8th, 10th, 12th, and 5th scale... no successful 18th scale track. Someone actually opened one a few months ago but it seems he'll close it as he isn't getting the required attendance levels to break even, even though he marketed it to the local racer community as a "cheaper" way to race. Racers still like the other classes... I don't see any competitive, pan-regional small scale racing being organised soon, with the big shot drivers sent by manufacturers to such races. I don't see many (if at all) small scale racing being relayed by the press and the internet, barring the odd headline on oople. No regional racing => no worlds (this only works for baseball otherwise).

Commercially, if small scale is here to stay, well, I haven't seen it appear as such yet. If the level of "news" in one category is an indication of this category's health, take xray - Juraj's recent column clearly specified "we don't see any opportunity in evolving any of our 18th scale cars as they fit the market needs right now". If you know how greedy the Hudy family is (if only to pay their plants' bills) and you look into how they've expanded their lineup these past 10yrs and how often they release "updates" for their core lines, this is a STRONG signal that they're disinterested from this segment - which is a shame as their stuff is simply BiC.

Likewise, HPI has thrown ridiculous amounts of money at supporting the micro-rs4. There's been a cult following for a couple of years, it's all gone now. If these guys haven't cracked it with their ludicrous marketing firepower, no-one will.

Paul
Old 07-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If Jurai had designed a 18th car that was actually good to start with they may very well have a market share, however they built a car totally unrelated to any previous XRAY designs or build standards, and with over priced optional parts.
The M18T may well have done good with Zack over in America, but it certainly never took off in the UK and if it wasnt for Zack I doubt that Xray would have won as much as they have done so.

XRAY's take on the micro scene across the globe is very much irrelevant IMO to how things actually are.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 07-04-2010

Cris,
Any insight as to why EFRA or IFMAR don't recognise a Micro class?
Old 07-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Keith,

Someone needs to approach them in turn with a idiot/loop-hole proof set of dimensional rules and event rules. I have no doubt that EFRA and IFMAR know that "we" exist.....but with some many variations of rules there is no way that anyone will take us onboard until a "perfect" set of rules is drawn up.

Its something id like to hope to work on depending on the EGM results

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 07-04-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetbee View Post
And before you waste our time with another reply Rob, please Don't get girlish and offended just because WE are giving an honest opinion.

You are like a bunch of children at a schoolyard fight, piling on the guy that didn't start it while acting like a bunch of bullies....you're pitifull

grow up
Old 07-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

For the love of god Rob,
There is no doubt a good reason why you have been banned on so many forums across the globe, not just my forum.

Please dont come into this forum and mess things up like you normally do. oOple does not deserve you doing that again.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 07-04-2010
Banned

Crissy, for the love of God LEAVE ME ALONE. I was fine here until you decided to single me out, and repeatedly call me out personally in these threads, and then call in your gang of hoodlums to pile on.

I have several PMs in my inbox from other members here mentioning you specifically, and what a jerk you are, and while you can bully people and push them around on YOUR stupid forum that doesn't give you open license to do it here too. oOple doesn't deserve it.
Old 07-04-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Frogger

Commercially, if small scale is here to stay, well, I haven't seen it appear as such yet. If the level of "news" in one category is an indication of this category's health, take xray - Juraj's recent column clearly specified "we don't see any opportunity in evolving any of our 18th scale cars as they fit the market needs right now". If you know how greedy the Hudy family is (if only to pay their plants' bills) and you look into how they've expanded their lineup these past 10yrs and how often they release "updates" for their core lines, this is a STRONG signal that they're disinterested from this segment - which is a shame as their stuff is simply BiC.

Likewise, HPI has thrown ridiculous amounts of money at supporting the micro-rs4. There's been a cult following for a couple of years, it's all gone now. If these guys haven't cracked it with their ludicrous marketing firepower, no-one will.

Paul
Paul:

Just looking at it from a sales point of view over here in the States, XRay's mini's have never sold in part because they were always at the high-end of the price spectrum and never hooked up with a major distributor so there never any replacement parts in any hobby shops Just like their 8th scale rigs, a factory driver here or there, but nobody (the masses) using them at the tracks.
The Micro RS4 was rather short-lived, like seemingly EVERY other HPI release. And it might have also had something to do with it being an on-road car, the smallest segment of the hobby, and the fact that it was superceeded on the track by the M18 so racers stopped buying them.