Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 12-01-2017

Default Muchmore perfect tyre glue- how to use stainless tips?

Bit of a Noddy one this...
I bought some muchmore perfect tyre glue last week, and it came with a couple of stainless tips, and some heatshrink to seal said tip to the bottle...
My question is, how do I look after this stuff?
Do I have to remove the nozzle and heatshrink after every use? In which case it's a pain!
Are the stainless tips reusable? I tried to clean one in acetone, but it disintegrated!
Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks
Old 12-01-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yeah, but i think they need to include a second cap, so you have one with the heatshrinked tip on, and one to store the bottle tight shut. Best once you've used one bottle so then use the top, and get a second pot of glue.

The metal tips you can blow or drain the glue out onto tissue to stop it blocking. Removing the top and blasting some motor spray/break cleaner or air through onto tissue is normally enough to flush it out. If it blocks take a lighter flame to the metal tip to melt the glue, but trying not to melt it out the plastic. its doable.

Did the acetone affect the plastic?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 13-01-2017 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12-01-2017

Thanks Neil.
The acetone just affected the bond between the plastic and the stainless... They parted company!
Old 13-01-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysmate View Post
Thanks Neil.
The acetone just affected the bond between the plastic and the stainless... They parted company!
Gotcha, it'll have been superglued in ;-)
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 13-01-2017
Mad Member

I've been using the MR33/Muchmore glue for quite some time and it is my favourite tyre glue, but the heatshrink/nozzle system is not to my liking. I'd recommend the plastic spot nozzles by Ride (RI-RP-201 at Tonisport, #208 on Ride's website) available at Tonisport. I don't know who distributes Ride in the UK, but maybe another manufacturer offers similar items.

Old 13-01-2017

Found the stainless steel tips a nightmare. Only thing that really worked was heating the tip with a lighter after use.

I ended up going back to Bob Smith stuff.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs