Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 22-12-2012

Question Team Associated + Yokomo?

Is there a conection between the two? And if so whats the nature of the connection?

On the Yokomo site they list a few Associated cars. I have seen reference to yokomo bits being used in associated cars... Bd5 diff in the associated tc.

Are there associated cars that are essentialy the same as a yokomo model just tweeked and rebadged for a different market?

Curious since im in the usa and yoko bits are hard to find.
Old 22-12-2012
Mad Member

They've got history, so to speak. In the past, there seemed to be some kind of understanding that in the off-road sector Yokomo was responsible for 4WD buggys while AE concentrated on 2WD. With regard to team drivers Masami used to drive AE 2WDs and the AE guys ran Yokomo in 4WD, e.g. Mark Pavidis won a worlds with a YZ-10.
Yokomo has been the Japanese Associated distributor for a while and they seem to see no reason for changing that. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case the other way around (I don't know of any support for Yokomo from their long-term partner in the US), but given some time, A-Mainhobbies may be able to get it right.

The cars are definitely individual products, but as many models are similar these days, some parts may be exchangeable between various manufacturers.
IMHO Yokomo products are far superior compared to AE's stuff; at least I was not impressed at all with my SC10 and the twitchy B44 I was able to test for some laps...
Old 22-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
They've got history, so to speak. In the past, there seemed to be some kind of understanding that in the off-road sector Yokomo was responsible for 4WD buggys while AE concentrated on 2WD. With regard to team drivers Masami used to drive AE 2WDs and the AE guys ran Yokomo in 4WD, e.g. Mark Pavidis won a worlds with a YZ-10.
Yokomo has been the Japanese Associated distributor for a while and they seem to see no reason for changing that. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case the other way around (I don't know of any support for Yokomo from their long-term partner in the US), but given some time, A-Mainhobbies may be able to get it right.

The cars are definitely individual products, but as many models are similar these days, some parts may be exchangeable between various manufacturers.
IMHO Yokomo products are far superior compared to AE's stuff; at least I was not impressed at all with my SC10 and the twitchy B44 I was able to test for some laps...
Thanks! ya US support for Yokomo is....lacking. The only experiance i have with Associated is (was) my RC10 graphite. which got lost years ago when I moved . In the US Associated, Losi, traxxas, HPI have the LHS support...
My kyosho def drives better, but that could be setup??

I only have the mr4tc from yokomo, i like the handling in general but found the A arms,uprights,hubs etc to be kinda sloppy shaky out of the box. But came with all bearings instead of bushings like the HPI RS4mt... I just dont get why yokomo used plastic for the outdrives.
Old 22-12-2012
Mad Member

The RC10 Graphite was a really nice car! Some friends of mine had the black aluminum tub chassis Team Car, and I used to run a Shuey Cougar 2. The nice red anodizing on its tub suffered pretty quickly, though.
Old 02-01-2013

On my bx I use the arms from the b-max4 front and rear, they fit very well and they are SOLIDE and flexible!

You just have to slice out a bit in the front to the bukthead.

I have been driven the mr4bc also, but I used it as the orginal...