Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 01-11-2010

Default Mad rat/Xpro build help.

Hi there, been chatting in the general area for awhile deciding what cars to get for my daughter and myself, plus motors/esc/batterys etc etc, and now really only have the following to figure out, and thought it sensible to ask in the Ansmann specific forum.

Basicaly I'm after help with tyre selection, I will be bashing with my daughter on concrete and grass mainly, but racing on fairly hard dirt/mud.

Also would like to know what oils/greese or anything else of that nature I will need to complete a Mad Rat and Xpro build.

And lastly what tools are recommended? I do have alot of tools around, but after reading some horror storys of breaking screws/allen keys etc figure I would buy the right tool for the job.

Other than those if there is anything else anyone can think of I should know, or anything I should buy feel free to share your wisdom.

Maybe a bearing set for the Mad Rat was one thing I thought about.

Both cars are being purchased from Jespares by the way, if it makes any difference
Old 01-11-2010
Mad Member

Well done for choosing Ansmann

A bearing set on the Madrat is a must.

RE tyres, its probably worth checking with your club as they may have a control tyre for competiitions.

A decent set of hex drivers is worthwhile - the XTM ones are pretty good value

What Motor/ESC?Lipo combo have you gone for?
Old 01-11-2010

Hi,

For your car you'll need :

silicon (white) for ball and graphite (black) for thrustbearing grease for the diff building (brand : asso, losi, B-Fast)
shock oil, like the Losi one (35 front, 30 rear)
2mm hex tool

about tire, for bashing you can buy some long life/hard cheap tire, for racing, goose bump are very good on rear, for the front losi, JConcept groovy are good !

You really need bearing ball set for the mad rat, but aslo a good set of alloy shock, and the optionnal motor plate.

That's pretty all, good car out of the box.
Old 01-11-2010

Thanks alot, as I said in the other post, this has to be the most friendly and helpfull forum I have had the good fortune to find.

As for the motor/ESC I think I will go with this set up http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...n&ItemID=30214.

I'll grab those bits for the mad rat, actualy thinking wether it would be better to order two xpros instead, as I assume that kit comes with those already?
Old 01-11-2010

Sorry missed the lipo question.

Was advised to go with Intellect 7.4v 3800mah 35c lipo race pack off ebay.
Old 01-11-2010
Mad Member

Good choice of kit. If you are buying a discounted bundle from JE Spares, these batteries might also be worth a look:

http://www.jespares.com/electric-mod...tegory_id=1168

RE the upgrades on the Madrat, if its just for bashing I would personally not bother with the alloy shocks/motor plate. If its your daughters intention to race however, it would be cheaper to buy an Xpro than to buy a Madrat and upgrade it (the alloy shocks are excellent but not cheap).
Old 01-11-2010

Oh thats a nice looking battery, think I'll give them a ring in the morning and hopefully I can change my order and they havnt dispatched yet.

My daughter likely wont be racing just yet, she is only 3 1/2, but I will be taking her to the track on off days to see how she does.
Old 01-11-2010
Banned

I have that reedy system for £60 if you want it perfect brushless system for the girl! Great piece of kit! Let me know!
Old 01-11-2010
Banned

To add i was told those batts are not brca legal?! Plug you will need to recharge between heats as they are low capacity
Old 01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post
I have that reedy system for £60 if you want it perfect brushless system for the girl! Great piece of kit! Let me know!
I'll ring JEspares first thing in the morning and see if they have dispatched the Mad Rat for her yet, if not I will take that brushless set up off your hands

And think youre right, cant see those lipos on the 2010 list, but the intellect ones are on the list, more to get confused about :P
Old 01-11-2010
Banned

Shame as the dark side's looked sh!t hot!

How do you mean cancel the mad rat or what? If you send paypal payment and address i will post out tomorrow dinner for you! All it needs is your choice of batt connector fitting, its in super condition
Old 01-11-2010
Banned

Its this one with the 3300kv motor

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...n&ItemID=37558

Excellent for the money! Have it all packaged ready to go, includes manuals for both esc and motor, so simple to setup to
Old 01-11-2010

Well I'm looking to swap the order to two xpro instead of the mad rat and xpro, if I can I will need the set up, but if not I will just stick with the brushed motor it comes with and see how she goes.
Old 01-11-2010
Banned

Ah cool ok! Makes sense! Let me know asap as ive a buyer lined up but you have first call on it!
Old 01-11-2010

I'll ring them when they open in the morning and see what I can do, then let you know either way.
Old 01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post
Ah cool ok! Makes sense! Let me know asap as ive a buyer lined up but you have first call on it!
My only concern with the set up youre offering is the speed to be honest, is there any way to limit it?

This is why I was going to get a basic brushed motor so she can learn to control it first.
Old 01-11-2010
Banned

its nippy but i soon found it to slow for club racing, hence my upgrade to speed passion gear costing £190

there are ways of slowing it down, like change gear ratio
Old 02-11-2010

Sorry captainlip I had an email this morning saying it had already been dispatched, so I will just use the motor it comes with for my daughter.
Old 02-11-2010
Banned

need any lipos? ive just put two up for sale?

great little lipos to! £45 delivered for 2 5200mah 30-40c burst.