Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 27-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Any mid week racing around Great Yarmouth area??

I'm working away for a week in Great Yarmouth soon, wondered if there is any mid week racing up that way??

Any class, I have 2wd,4wd, 8th elec and nitro

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHeadling View Post
I'm working away for a week in Great Yarmouth soon, wondered if there is any mid week racing up that way??

Any class, I have 2wd,4wd, 8th elec and nitro
The closest I know of is Badley (for mid week). George Miller is the man in charge.

http://m.facebook.com/#!/groups/4364...user=756511320

Just built 10th and 8th Astro.
Old 01-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks very much!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 10-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I went along to visit Badley buggy club on the 9/7/13 for their mid week race meeting.
Was greeted on the gate by Kev and G and drove over to the tracks, the club has 2 x tracks at the site.
1 x 8th track which is dirt with astro covered jumps, 1 x 8th/10th astro track, both are flood lit.
The 8th track is fairly loose soil with some techincal astro covered jumps, the track is great fun to drive but a real challenge to go quick on.

There were 2 x heats tonight, 1 x 8th Rally X class and the open class which featured 4wd SC Trucks and Truggys.
Practiced started at 6.30pm for 30 mins, booking in for the heats went ahead and qualifying started!
There were 4 rounds of qualifiying for the evening, in the 8th Class Kev Churchill was TQ, in the Open class Crazy Phil was TQ with his borrowed Losi 8T.
The A final kicked off , a great race was on between Kev and Mark at the sharp end of the A, Kev got off to a good start with a good pace,Mark played it safe at the beginning of the final and built his pace up, Kev had some mistakes during the final and at the mid way point Mark took up the lead.
Mark played it very safe and kept it clean towards the end of the final but Kev's pace was hot and he was reeling Mark in, the final minute sounded on the AMB system and there was half a lap in it betweek Mark and Kev, Mark kept it on its wheels for the win.

After the A final there was a short break then onto the B final this was a cracking race with the electric SC trucks up against the nitro cars, Crazy Phil was upfront at the start of the final but being kept honest by the SC trucks, Phil had some techincal issues with his car and Antony Walker with his SC truck took up the lead with Paul Hale running in 3rd again with the Losi SCTE truck, as the final drew to an end Antony Walker kept it clean and took the win with Phil taking second after his issues and Paul Hale taking the 3rd place.

I had a great night, the guys at this club are super friendly and welcoming, if your local or in the area go and take a look at their mid week racing or Sunday meetings, you wont regret it!
Big thanks to all the club members, G for running race control, hope to see you again soon! :smile:

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 10-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Some more pics from race night, sorry for the crap quality (Iphone camera)

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 10-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

www.rccarshop.co.uk