Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 18-07-2017

Default Anyone use the Anti roll bar on KC Carpet?

As title. Just got the ARB as i an getting a lot of body roll on the small carpet track i race on. We race on slicks and positions 3 or 2 are way too aggressive. I've gone position 4 and the ARB to control body roll.

Anyone else use the ARB? If so, do you like it? Should i just use stiffer springs/heavier oil instead?
LayDown
BossCat inbound...
Old 19-07-2017

Got on better with the KC without the rear roll bar.

Play around with the springs / oil (go firmer oil).

Note also the lighter spring set up that you may well see some schumacher guys running when on position 4 to even things up - softer up front.
Old 21-07-2017

Car was pretty good, 1.4mm ARB up from the thinner one. I'm getting traction roll, but I think the front is dipping on the outside when I'm haring into a tight corner.
It's very much a work in progress. I asked the fast locals (X ray drivers) and they are not running heavy oil or stiff springs.

I've raised the lower hing e pin and flipped the strap. I don't know whether I should keep changing stuff or try to drive it as is. I was showing 91% consistency (I did have a +5second crash at one stage). So my driving is not too tragic.
LayDown
BossCat inbound...
Old 23-07-2017

Sounds like you've got a lot of front grip, is there anything you can do with the front tyres or are you fixed on tyre choice?

Normally moving the motor forwards would help with traction roll, but appreciate you don't want to do this if you already have too much steering.

Another thing to consider is droop, if the track is flat enough, reducing droop can help a lot with grip roll.
Old 23-07-2017

Yes, there is a lot of front grip! Tyres are fixed as Proline Prime Clay compound (to protect the carpet). I used traction compound for the first time too and i was applying 1/2 on the inside of each front. As for droop, there are a few jumps and a tabletop, so i'm loathe to reduce droop right now.

Maybe i should have stuck with position 2 and used traction compound...

Anyone else use the high roll centre plate? I used it and didn't remove 2mm of washers from the rear inner upper suspension link - should i? maybe that why i was traction rolling?
LayDown
BossCat inbound...

Last edited by bish; 23-07-2017 at 08:00 PM.