Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Old 12-10-2010

Default 1/10 off road at badmcc

hi all..mark Penney here..wanting to gauge interest in running1/10 off road up at badmcc's excellent 1/8 track..this will be a purpose built track inside the 1/8 track..work will take place over the winter ready for spring...I will be heavily involved along with Barkley to get this project running..for those who don't know this club please visit their website for pics and vids..and of course it will be all dirt..1/10 on dirt..nothing could be better....classes run and format will depend on numbers..but hopefully we will generate enough people to make it worthy of possible Irish national racing..I know drop inn racing and 5mile town have lots of members..if we could get all to race there could be 30+ drivers..I hope the dmcc will also support this giving us more competitors.maybe 1/10off road can be a force again just like it used to be..please leave feedback or contact me on 07518365079..
Old 12-10-2010
Mad Member

Hi Mark,

William White here. I'd expect there will be plenty of interest in this within the DMCC regarding this and most of the competitors are prepared to travel.

1/10th electric is going through a spurge of growth at the moment and to get a national round up at BADMCC would be great. There is already talk of there being an event in Cork for next year.
Old 12-10-2010

Nice one William..spread the word,rally the troops..this is a chance to put 1/10 back where it belongs..at the top of the rc tree..
Old 12-10-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

I would love to see 1/10th off-road getting a come back in Ireland as a whole, if we got a track of BADMCC's quality for 1/10th in dirt it would be awesome. Might even attract some people from across the pond if it's dirt!

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 13-10-2010
Mad Member

I could be up for this the odd time, its a bit far for a regular trip when we have racing in Dublin every weekend. Good luck with it though.
Old 13-10-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian h View Post
I could be up for this the odd time, its a bit far for a regular trip when we have racing in Dublin every weekend. Good luck with it though.
Well obviously we won't be travelling every week, but if we tried to get up for the big meetings 3 or 4 times over the season.