Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 07-11-2013

Default Azarashi Redseal

The Redseal is a conversion kit by Team AZARASHI for the Kyosho Lazer ZX5 FS series. It changes totally the car by using a shorty lipo pack and centrally mounted motor.

Team Azarashi is a small team from Asia, they are known for their manga-styled bodyshells, but they also produced the MiD44. There is another conversion kit available for the B44 series called the Greyseal.

Here is my Redseal, built from a Kyosho Lazer FS2SP kit (any FS series car should fit). You need a short style servo and of course shorty batteries.

Small box.

A handy little manual is provided, in english and of course japanese.

Even the velcro is provided, not bad! You get some Ti screws, washers etc. Carbon seems really good, holes are perfectly drilled.

Nice, thick lexan for the body and undertray.

Clean, natural layout.
Carbon shock towers and ackerman link by Rednoise Products.
The COG is not as on the rear as you would think, it is near the motor mount, a few millimeters back, right on the centerline of the car. No ballast yet.

I chose to use my trusty Orion ESC and a smooth Reedy 7.5. 7.5 because the car is so light! I will see later if I need more but I doubt it.

Amazingly light car! Around 200g lighter than my FS2, ready to run... Wow.

A lexan undertray is provided, I chose to use the bare chassis for now. I used a thick plastic protective film from RustiDesign (see the link in my sig).

Mean! Grr! As you can see I am no airbrush hero

Thanks for looking

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 07-11-2013

Looking good.

Where did you get the conversion kit from.
Kyosho DB1
Kyosho DB2
Kyosho Turbo Ultima
Kyosho Optima
Schumacher Atom
NORA - Northern Off-Road Arena - www.ddrcc.co.uk
Trader Feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49044
Old 07-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Have you had chance to corner weight it yet?

Although the overall side to side balance is probably quite good the corner weights look like they would be biased diagonally based on the known weights for the equipment and the asumption the Reedy motor is about the same as an Orion weight wise (esc corner heviest rear and servo corner heaviest front).

Not saying it will be bad, just an observation.

I'm also working on something for the ZX5-FS hence why have the weights for everything stored in my head at the moment.
Old 07-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eccleston View Post
Looking good.

Where did you get the conversion kit from.
I don't know if there is a supplier in GB, but it is available from SMS in France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Not yet, I will post my findings here, but as I said the weight is really centered.

My trader feedback
Old 07-11-2013
oOple Advertiser

Available here in the UK already through any dealer with an X-Factory UK account.

More stock of these leaving Japan this week in fact...
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 05-01-2014

Default Time for some updates!

I don't get much runtime on winter. I booked to a local race and that was basically the first run of the car. As expected I had much details to iron out, but the Redseal ran really well, allowing me to get into the A final for the first time in a long period, apart from my home track.
It was an indoor track with a slipperish carpet and some turns on the naked gym floor.

Here are some mods I made:
With the FS car it was sometimes a problem to get the rear of the car as low as you would want, and it's only getting worse with the much lighter Redseal. So I fitted AE big bore spring cups on the rear, the lowest ones.

I cut the undertray to fit it on top of the chassis, mainly for a clean look

My trader feedback
Old 05-01-2014

I made a small notch under the motor mount to route the esc-rx wire. Hard to see but anyway...

When using an aftermarket ackermann link, with an extreme setup it becomes really easy to pop out the inner ball stud. I tried to do a captured design with Kyosho parts, it seems to work

Setup-wise, I started with the Asarashi astro setup but I moved to more FS-like setups, with a higher roll center and more antisquat on the rear. I also started with a 7.5 motor, I will try a 6.5.
As for the pistons, 4x1.3 have too much damping. I fitted 3x1.5 on front (40WT) and 3x1.6 on rear (35WT) (or was it 3x1.6 and 3x1.7? Will check that), AE tapered pistons, on the bench it feels really good.

My trader feedback
Old 05-01-2014
No trade access

Old 08-01-2014

Nice one Gayo, keep up the good work, can't wait to run mine.
Old 12-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
I made some rough calculation using a kitchen balance, I am finding 56% rear bias with Minipins all around. Total weight without body is 1545g so we have some margin to alter the weight distribution.

My trader feedback
Old 26-01-2014

Just curious Gayo, have you added any ballast yet, did you go for the suggestions in the instructions or go your own way?
Old 26-01-2014

Yes I had to add ballast as it was too light. I added 20g under the rear bone, next to the motor, and 2x5g in front of the slipper.

I am still working on dampers. I found 3x1.5 and 3x1.6 tapered had too little pack for indoor tracks (it should be perfect on dirt though), next time I will try Kyosho 2x1.6 (32.5WT) front and 2x1.7 (27.5WT) rear. They seem to give lots of pack, good for optimistic jumps

Have you received yours Chrissy? Please post some pics ansd thoughs here!

My trader feedback
Old 27-01-2014

Yup, got mine and had first meeting with her last week, as you said the car is incredibly light, we race on astroturf, it was damp and even with a relatively mild set up she just spun her wheels off the line and understeered into every corner, having said that it is blatantly obvious that there is so much potential in the car. Next race is this coming weekend, i have fitted a rudebits steering link and added 20g ballast front and back. Will get some pics sent in when my body is finished, using the old lazer bod at the minute, gaps to the undertray filled in with duct tape.
Old 20-04-2014

Looks awesome! Have you got a link for the ackerman plate and shock towers?