Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 07-01-2017

Default b6 rear camber

hi guys

i have built a b6 but noticed there seems to be a lot of positive camber on rear wheels , built it to kit spec 0/3 insert down , 27 mm track arm and hub on bottom hole
is this right or am i missing something simple ?

also
servo ok turning right but not going to full travel left

thanks for any help
Old 07-01-2017

I seem to remember when building mine, if you follow the instructions you do end up with a LOT of positive camber on the rear wheels, bit of a cock up on associated's part I think. As for the servo thing, I fitted an after market aluminium one, but I had to file it down a bit because it fouled the top plate, not sure about the kit one.
Old 08-01-2017

If you follow the kit then you'll end up with a lot of negative camber. I just built it stock then adjusted it to -1°.

I've heard lots of bad reports about the stock horn so if you haven't got it I'd suggest getting it. Due to the chassis design you need to use a short servo horn or grind one down to the correct size. The distance from the center of the hole that attaches to the sevro to where the ball stud screws in is 15.5mm. this might alive your steering issue.
Old 09-01-2017

When you build it to the book it shows the ball stud on the alloy rear brace on the outer hole, it then shows it in the middle hole later on, but if you look at the kit set up sheet at the back of the book it should be in the very inside hole on the alloy brace......that is why it will have loads of positive rear camber
Old 13-01-2017

Check the Servo horn isn't hitting the top plate. May have to remove some material for clearance
Old 13-01-2017

Send a message via MSN to Imagomanuk1
Default B6 Steering

Are you sure that you have the steering rack the right way up i.e the cranks pointing upwards, use the servo shims to position the horn to run clear, I used a B5m horn with no problem the one with the kit (F) would not fit my servo as it was too small a diameter to push on. I`m running the rear in the middle hole position