Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler > UK Short Course Nationals

Old 01-06-2014

Default Just a Bit of Fun!!!!!

Although this National Series is all based around a "bit of fun" am I the only one who feels that there still needs to be a little bit of seriousness regarding the general running?

The venues have all been top notch and the people involved polite and approachable, however I feel that the running of the races still leaves a little to be desired.

For the second round running we had numerous races run in their entirety without a full compliment of marshals.

ALL drivers no matter how good deserve their races to be marshalled appropriately and with a full number of marshals to assist them in their time of need.

We also today had a situation where a race was run with three of the cars not being counted by the electronic lap timer.
If the cars had been told before the race then they could have done something about it. Instead 3 people lost their first finals score.

We manage to sort this sort of thing out on a Tuesday night at our local club, so I feel that it should be done during a National Event where people are driving hundreds of miles to compete.

I'm not wanting to moan too much as we're really enjoying the series but could these little issues please be looked into for the next round at Weston-Super-Mare?

Regards Ian
Old 02-06-2014

I have to agree with your comments Ian, simple things that can easily be changed to make it a better experience for all involved.
Old 02-06-2014

Hi guys,
We at Mendip (Weston Super Mare) will work with the organisers to make it as successfull and smooth as possible.
Look forward to seeing everyone at the end of the month.
Old 02-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by iang454 View Post
Although this National Series is all based around a "bit of fun" am I the only one who feels that there still needs to be a little bit of seriousness regarding the general running?

The venues have all been top notch and the people involved polite and approachable, however I feel that the running of the races still leaves a little to be desired.

For the second round running we had numerous races run in their entirety without a full compliment of marshals.

ALL drivers no matter how good deserve their races to be marshalled appropriately and with a full number of marshals to assist them in their time of need.

We also today had a situation where a race was run with three of the cars not being counted by the electronic lap timer.
If the cars had been told before the race then they could have done something about it. Instead 3 people lost their first finals score.

We manage to sort this sort of thing out on a Tuesday night at our local club, so I feel that it should be done during a National Event where people are driving hundreds of miles to compete.

I'm not wanting to moan too much as we're really enjoying the series but could these little issues please be looked into for the next round at Weston-Super-Mare?

Regards Ian
Hi Ian

Not something I was aware of. Do you know which final and I will investigate?

Cheers

Chris
Old 02-06-2014

Hi Chris

It was the 2WD B Final 1st Rnd
Daniel was in the middle of the pack but his number wasn't being called.
I asked the chap in Race Control if his car was being counted.
"No" he said.
I asked when he first realised and he said that 3 cars were not being picked up since the rolling lap prior to the race.

Why wasn't the PA used to let people know so they could do something about it?

Daniels issue was easy I had swapped all electrics into the mid motor chassis between heats and finals and got the plug in the wrong way round an easy 2 sec fix, if I'd have known.

Be that as it may it's been and gone now so don't worry.

I was just asking if the small issues could be sorted before the next round.

I will gladly marshal a race or two even though I'm not competing but I do feel that race control should be asking for people before letting the races start.
I'm not shooting from the hip as it were as I do run meetings at Silverstone Buggy Club so I do know these things can be sorted fairly easily.

Must finish with, we are enjoying the SC Nationals and Daniel is already booked in for Rd3.

Regards Ian