Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 15-07-2011

Default ?

"Fact is, there's not a regional at NBC because when they were organised many months ago there was only a very limited number of clubs that offered to host the series.... Hence the three rounds at Coastal.
The geography of the rounds might appear biased towards one small area, but its been through necessity & not choice

When Ben was faced with having two clubs offering to host the last round, what else could he do - somebody was going to end up disappointed. "

We were not ready at the begining, but when a club drops the regional why not give it to the only club not to have one? we have been tryin for ages to sort timing gear out just in case, and said ages ago we can stand in for ARC, just dont understand the reason for giving colchester another one.
Ben you are a top bloke, not in any way sayin otherwise.
But you can understand the frustration of us who travel all the way down to you guys, but you guys dont want to travel up to us. Same old story, which is why we did mid-east last year, and why we will do it again next year
Old 15-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufty07 View Post
Same old story, which is why we did mid-east last year, and why we will do it again next year
And that's just the attitude that made the EoE Regional series fail the year before last, and why it looks like it will again even after the hard work done by Ben and Mr Wiggles for the last two years.

Carl moaning about how democracy didn't get you what you wanted this time, I'm sure there are a lot of people who thought last year's National elections were crap to

Look at it this way, there are more people from this end of the region taking part in the series, maybe they haven't done all of the meetings whereas you Norfolk chaps have, and well done for that, but if for example the Braxted boys come back to the round at Colchester as they did at round 2, (I know a few were thinking of it) they'll get a taste for it, and next year's series (should there be one) will only be stronger, and NBC will get more then the 3 people from this end who would've travelled up there this year.

On a personal note, I would've quite happily gone to NBC this year, if I'd booked time off work, too late now, getting hoilday in August is like pulling teeth out of a big angry dog
Old 15-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

First off,I have no probs with ben, hats off for having a go at getting the region up and running, I have no intention of having a slaging match.

So here is my reasoning for all to see

I spoke to ben about NBC running a regional at the start, but we had no timeing gear,This was, as far as I know the one and only reason why we were unable to have a meeting at NBC. BUT I now have access to a full AMB system and someone to run it if we need it.
If ARC were able to hold there meeting I would have happly attended, but over a month ago I heard from Ben there could be problems with ARC...so I put us forward again.

We are a club who has 5 members attending just about every regional meeting, we have a perminent venue with 10th track, inc big (new) table tops and dirt sections,and huge rostrum, held regional before and we were well up for holding a meeting.

The EOE has so few venues we have been to costal 3 times!

SO WHY when the shout goes out that we have lost ARC do we need to have a vote to go back to a club that has already held a meeting and a very low number of drivers attending the region on the whole

I have no probs with colchester, I was busy for there last meeting, thus unable to attend. And I don't want to put them down, it was good of them to hold a meeting. but they have had a meeting,could we not have held this one?

Confused Dave

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 15-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Christ not ARC, that place is the reason I didn't care one way or the other where round 6 was going to be, since it was supposed to be at ARC, after the trip some of us made there last year I won't go back, so I didn't bother booking the night off work, something the extended stay at Braxted shows I really need to do, so have never been planning on doing round 6.

I know it's going to be at a different place, but it'll just be the same rubbish as the other one, it put me off racing for 3 months
Had to smile mate, you just posted a lecture on attitude to Dufty, then post this about another club who were trying to help the EOE...sweet

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 16-07-2011

Default lol

I thought the region failed because people didn't give a s@#t, some even walked off half way through a meeting......
Old 16-07-2011

Quote:
I thought the region failed because people didn't give a s@#t, some even walked off half way through a meeting......
+1 that's how i remember it
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 16-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
True, I did walk off half way through a meeting, and one day I'll tell you the real reason I did it, not that it changed much, only meant 3 people finished the whole series, instead of 4
Old 16-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
Had to smile mate, you just posted a lecture on attitude to Dufty, then post this about another club who were trying to help the EOE...sweet
Dave, ARC wasn't/isn't about helping the region, they run it more as a business, so are only helping themselfs.

Plus you needed to go there, made Eastrax look good

Plus their car park scratched my Focus ST
Old 16-07-2011

Lookin' forward to tomorrow, all those exposed brushless motors, Smokin'
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 16-07-2011

Send a message via MSN to lewis666

let hope it stops raining looks bloody miserable out the window. looks like everyone is going to need lots of duck tape for tomorrow and cover up every opening and bluetack for the electronics

seeya tomorrow

lewis

team got nitro driver

www.gotnitroonline.com <----- check it out!