Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 09-11-2014

Default Ride indoor tyres

Has anyone else found that the ride tyres used for rug racers and ews just don't last?

I ran a set for 1 round of rug racers and they are totally scrap, off the rims on 3 wheels. I thought these were updated to take the extra load of modified motors, I only run 13.5 open and I'm not the fastest at all. Really dissapointed and won't buy these tyres again.
Old 09-11-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

You have to keep on top of the gluing from my experience with Ride tyres. I'd say that they need re-gluing at least every other run, at least with modified. Most of the failures that I've seen have been with tyres that clearly haven't been re glued.
Old 09-11-2014

Trouble is after looking at them the tyre isn't coming away from the rim, the tyre is splitting from itself. So yes glueing the tyres yes will stop them from parting ways but it still fundamentally wrong.Never seen this from a sorex.

These tyres can't last that long on a modified car surely?
Old 10-11-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Agreed, it is the tyre splitting that is the issue.

As for how long they last, I don't really know for sure. I haven't done enough running on them yet. I did the whole meeting at EWS with 1 set and they are still usable. How long for, I don't know.
Old 10-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc87 View Post
Has anyone else found that the ride tyres used for rug racers and ews just don't last?

I ran a set for 1 round of rug racers and they are totally scrap, off the rims on 3 wheels. I thought these were updated to take the extra load of modified motors, I only run 13.5 open and I'm not the fastest at all. Really dissapointed and won't buy these tyres again.
Not had any major issues with wear, did round 1 & 2 at rug racers on the same set in 13.5 open. Probably will get another couple of club meetings out of them. Was re gluing them every other run just make sure they are never peeling.
Old 12-11-2014

i did round one of rug racers on mine, 17.5 blinky, they were fine for the meeting, i then ran them at my club the week after and the death rings appeared. ran a new set at rd2 with no issues at all. but again after one club night on them they are ready for the bin. definatly dont last as long as sorex thats for sure! im only running them at club level so i can work on getting the set up spot on. from another angle tho, at rr and ews everyone is on the same playing field, and from what ive seen, as long as you check the gluing regulaly you should be ok..