Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 08-10-2013

Default Where to get a dex210

Where is the best place to buy the car for price and customer after sales?

I've seen it from £94.99 to £195.99

I'm after the one which can convert from rear to mid motor in the same kit but I believe they all do that right apart from the RTR ones which require extra parts?
Old 08-10-2013

I strongly recommend the lads at MB Models. 1st class service.
Old 08-10-2013
Mad Member

That's right, the RTR needs extra parts to convert to mid-motor (not many parts by the way). However, I'd stay away from the RTR because of it's first version DIMEC chassis, gear diff (ball diff is the best option in most conditions imo) and the fact it's RTR: Somehow, I've never had an RTR that had decent quality plastics and no overtightened (or wrongly assembled) parts. Build it yourself and you'll learn about the construction of the car on day one (really helpful for doing quick maintainance) and you'll be in control of how well it's been put together, too!

As for the best place to get one... I would say check the stock+prices of MBModels, JEModels and InsideLineRacing. I've had great experience with these stores! I also found Durango's warranty/support to be quick and very decent, so if you have any questions that are related to quality or warranty you can also directly contact Durango.

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 08-10-2013

Southwest RC have the RTR DEX210 with free MM4 conversion kit: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134013

As said, the Kit version comes with all the bits to setup as RM3/4 & MM3/4 whereas the RTR comes prebuilt to RM3. The conversion costs about £10-12 though so not all that bad.

Personally I bought the RTR. It cost me £145. The ESC & Motor is Speed Passion so a fairly good brand and the ESC takes upto a 9.5T motor. I guess it depends on how much you plan on spending on the hobby, the RTR will get you going then you can replace parts as and when you need/want to, all you need is a battery & charger. The kit will mean you'll need to purchase ESC/Motor/Radio gear plus a few other bits (assuming you dont have these already) before it can be run but depending on what buy you'll be looking at anywhere from £50+ for a decent ESC, £30+ for a motor, Radio gear can be had for about £20 but can pay upwards of £50+ for a half decent one.
Old 08-10-2013

Thanks for the info guys, I will check it all out :-)