Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler > UK Short Course Nationals

Old 02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincey View Post
Why not just state that if the bodyshell comes with a wing then that's the only one that can be used- no non standard wings can be used,and only commercially available products can only be used in regards to tyres,rims,etc etc
How about having a fixed class for racing like 13.5 turn(pro lite stock sportsman)
Totally agree, lets get on a level playing field where it comes down to setup and driving ability like how Mardave's USED to be
Old 02-02-2013
Mad Member

and
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianJones View Post
Totally agree, lets get on a level playing field where it comes down to setup and driving ability like how Mardave's USED to be
Lets not fill the class with rules and ruin it.

it's fine as is, Let's concentrate on having fun rather than filling it with limits and rules and spending our time arguing over those.

Why should we all have to go buy stock speedos and motors?

you will never get a 100% level playing field, if you limit motors then it'll come down to who is sticking newest tyres on or running lighter cars etc etc etc until nobody can be bothered with it.

if you want to win then get practising at clean fast driving

This is getting silly, the point of the thread was that these 2 of the new rules were not written clear enough and can be misinterpreted.

There are other new rules guys so you should check them out before entering
Old 02-02-2013

I have a silly rules, well actually registering, question.

I've just registered for the event (eek! first national event ever) and it asks for a BRCA number. I've downloaded the form and handed payment and form to SHRCCC as they said it helps to go through a club.

I've put a comment to reflect this in the field where they want the number to go - I assume I can update this / someone as soon as the club have registered me right?

Told you it was silly

Thanks
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc
Old 02-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelk View Post
I have a silly rules, well actually registering, question.

I've just registered for the event (eek! first national event ever) and it asks for a BRCA number. I've downloaded the form and handed payment and form to SHRCCC as they said it helps to go through a club.

I've put a comment to reflect this in the field where they want the number to go - I assume I can update this / someone as soon as the club have registered me right?

Told you it was silly

Thanks
Welcome to the championship matey and i wouldn't be too worried, The Nationals are no different to any other r/c club/regional meeting apart from the travelling to different venues and there will be lot's of trucks torace with rather than other classes!

Your BRCA number can be sorted into system on day of meeting as long as you are a member then all is fine.
Old 02-02-2013

Not a silly rules question, but more of a check on my interpretation of another rule stated -

Quote:
From UK Shortcourse rules

6.2.2 Starts will as per BRCA 10th off road rules.
Quote:
From BRCA 2013 rules

QUALIFYING
15.23 All Sanctioned events will use staggered starts for the qualifying rounds.

THE FINALS
15.29 All Finals must use a staggered grid start with spacing as 14.11.
So, we are back to staggered starts for the qualifying this year with staggered grids only for the finals.

If I have read this right, and I am pretty sure I have as there is a clear difference in the definition for quali and finals, then I am a happy bunny

I am never going to be an A Final contender, but I turn up to race my race and my only issue with last year's format was when qualifying heats (against the clock) were ruined in a first corner frenzy...
Old 02-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynhead View Post
Not a silly rules question, but more of a check on my interpretation of another rule stated -

So, we are back to staggered starts for the qualifying this year with staggered grids only for the finals.

If I have read this right, and I am pretty sure I have as there is a clear difference in the definition for quali and finals, then I am a happy bunny

I am never going to be an A Final contender, but I turn up to race my race and my only issue with last year's format was when qualifying heats (against the clock) were ruined in a first corner frenzy...
You are spot on matey, this is a great change and sure many of us will be happier with cleaner fairer starts to qualifying.

a 1.5/2 second staggered gap start gives everyone a chance to settle in... do like the little rush at the start of a grid launch but it does end up in tears and tangles plus everyone bunched up for a few laps.
Old 02-02-2013

"the point of the thread was that these 2 of the new rules were not written clear enough and can be misinterpreted" gimpy its simple, if you have to bolt glue or tie a wing to ya truck then its banned!!! how hard it is!?!,you need rules end of,yeah some you wont like thats normaly because your trying to break them!! if you dont have the rules then it just turns into a wallet race,trust me i've seen it happen! contolled/limited classes work,no YOU dont have to go out and buy a new speedo/motor YOU could race in the mod/pro class!?. its about fair racing,not who can bend the rules,i've been on brca committees before(1/10th ic circuit,lsor,1/10th truck)so i can see it from both sides but without them it will kill the sport off.yeah not to happy that this year seems to be most tracks in the south east but if clubs dont ask then they wont get and yes i'll be talking to the chairman of my club to find out if we asked for a round!!
Old 08-02-2013

Here's a silly rule question....it says something along the lines of not too many cut outs on the body. However the 22SCT has a load of them, especially if you buy the per-cut version. Where does this stand? Is it legitimate?
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc
Old 08-02-2013

Yup absolutely fine
Old 08-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelk View Post
Here's a silly rule question....it says something along the lines of not too many cut outs on the body. However the 22SCT has a load of them, especially if you buy the per-cut version. Where does this stand? Is it legitimate?
Top tip... don't cut out the ones on rear light area out, mine split after some minor battle action.

I ran all of them cut out and certainly helps on jumps, they are designed on the moulding to be there so don't see why it should be an issue