Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > XRAY

Old 17-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default XRAY XB4 New Parts List

Here are the new part numbers and descriptions list of XB4 2wd and XB4 4wd 2014 spec kits and parts.

360001 – Xray XB4 – 2014 Spec 4WD 1/10 Electric Off-Road Car Kit
360500 – Xray XB4 – 2wd 1/10 Electric Off-Road Car kit
361101 – Alu Chassis 7075 T6 2mm – 2WD
361162 – Graphite Front Upper Deck 2mm – 2WD
361260 – Composite Chassis Frame – V2
361261 - Composite Chassis Frame Splitted
361321 – Body Mount – Short + Shims – Set
361390 – Alu Front Upper Brace – 2WD
362001 – Diff Bulkhead Block Set Rear – V2
362080 – Graphite Shock Tower Front 3mm – V3
362111 – Composite Suspension Arm Front Lower
362190 – Graphite Front Lower Arm Plate 1.6mm (L+R)
362572 – Alu Steering Plate – 2WD
363080 - Graphite Shock Tower Rear 3mm – V3
363111 - Composite Suspension Arm Rear Lower Right
363121 - Composite Suspension Arm Rear Lower Left
363190 – Graphite Rear Lower Arm Plate 1.6mm (L+R)
363311 - Alu Rear Lower Susp. Holder +2 – Front – 7075 T6 (5mm)
363321 - Alu Rear Lower Susp. Holder +2 – Rear – 7075 T6 (5mm)
364120 – Alu Slipper Clutch Plate – 7075 T6 Hard Coated Lightweight
364131 – Slipper Clutch Pad “SLS” (2)
364181 – Slipper Clutch Spring C=50 – Black
365242 – Front Drive Axle – Hudy Spring Steel – 2WD
369701 – Xray XB4 Body DMX

All in stock at MB Models very soon...
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 18-10-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
365242 – Front Drive Axle – Hudy Spring Steel – 2WD
Weird, why would you need one of those?
Old 18-10-2013
Mad Member

There's a bit more on RedRC about the 2014 XB4 http://www.redrc.net/2013/10/xray-xb...ed/#more-72746
Old 18-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

This shows the new features in more detail, and now makes my list of parts clearer: http://www.teamxray.com/xb4/

for upgraders, looks like the new wishbones front and rear, and optional (to 2014 kit) parts, like the new rear suspension hangers for low traction, optional brass rear weights, and maybe the new slipper bits (I had no issue with the old one?). The split chassis mod, I've done that already for the ralls racing under gearbox weight. no need to buy a new piece for that, only other difference is two holes for mounting rear weights. A drill and counter-sink can sort that ;-)

It doesn't look to me like a lot has changed, lots of the listed changes were v2 parts or running changes anyway, shock o-rings, bevel gears, v2 diff outdrives, etc.

Very interested to try the new 2mm offset wishbones for weight shift. also rear wishbones are redesigned to allow for front and rear shock mounting. I suspect this option will be a feature of the 2wd car.

I'll keep mine and buy a few upgraded bits.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 18-10-2013

I'd be interested to hear if there were a few "must haves" as upgrades from the current xb4 and if a pack of recommended items could be put together
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc
Old 18-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Actually, looking at the "Wheelbase Adjustment" section on the new 2014 spec, it looks like they have mixed up the high traction/low traction description in the table and animation: http://www.teamxray.com/xb4/
They conflict as to which (arms forward or rear) is for low/high traction.
Old 18-10-2013

I think.... It's already a really good buggy, and it looks like they've put a lot of thought into refining it. Looking forward to getting my grubby hands on it!
Old 18-10-2013

I've recently bought an xb4
Can someone clarify if the new kits bullheads are different to the present kits v2 ones??
Old 18-10-2013

There's only a rear bulkhead listed on the New parts so probably just that one
Old 18-10-2013

There is already a v2 front bulk head out. It was released the original car came out
Old 18-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny97 View Post
There is already a v2 front bulk head out. It was released the original car came out
They quickly released a V2 front bulkhead when it came out. The V2 rear, I believe has a tighter fitting for the bearings of the propshaft, so stop any play that may develop which could cause play/damage to the bevel gear.

Not essential upgrade on 2013 kit, unless you break one.
Old 19-10-2013

Ahh, yes I did have a closer look and noticed that only the rear bulkhead has been updated!!

The only problem I had with the car was breaking front shock towers. I replaced the standard one with the dms 4mm carbon flex and then broke the bulkhead!!

May try the updated shock towers and wishbones but think the rest I'll be keeping standard, I'll just have to stop crashing!!
Old 19-10-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
They quickly released a V2 front bulkhead when it came out. The V2 rear, I believe has a tighter fitting for the bearings of the propshaft, so stop any play that may develop which could cause play/damage to the bevel gear.

Not essential upgrade on 2013 kit, unless you break one.
The way mine & someone else's went through gears in the summer, I'd say anything that helps there is essential. I was going to get a new bulkhead to see if it solved the problem, now I'll just try the new one.
Old 19-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
The way mine & someone else's went through gears in the summer, I'd say anything that helps there is essential. I was going to get a new bulkhead to see if it solved the problem, now I'll just try the new one.
A couple of shims sort out the bevel gear breaking problems, along with a correctly set slipper.
Old 19-10-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
A couple of shims sort out the bevel gear breaking problems, along with a correctly set slipper.
Pretty sure the slipper is set right, can't speak for the other car as he sold it the day after our regionals finished, but neither of us are chimps, we finished 1 & 2 in the series

As for shimming the gears, XRay seemed to think that was causing problems earlier in the year, not solving them.
Old 19-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Pretty sure the slipper is set right, can't speak for the other car as he sold it the day after our regionals finished, but neither of us are chimps, we finished 1 & 2 in the series

As for shimming the gears, XRay seemed to think that was causing problems earlier in the year, not solving them.
I did a few front bevels earlier in the year, two after each other, after replacing both bevel and diff gear each time. Placed one (forget the size, but thin) shim on the bevel before bearing and never had a problem since.
Old 19-10-2013
Mad Member

I've not had a problem with the front at all, think I might have changed them once as part of a good going over. The rear was fine for 3 months, then it really got a taste for new ones, which is why I started to think about changing the rear bulkhead, now the updated one is coming along with V3 bevel gears, it kinda says they know there's a problem.
Old 19-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
I've not had a problem with the front at all, think I might have changed them once as part of a good going over. The rear was fine for 3 months, then it really got a taste for new ones, which is why I started to think about changing the rear bulkhead, now the updated one is coming along with V3 bevel gears, it kinda says they know there's a problem.
What's the part number for V3 Bevel gears?

I did my fronts having the slipper a bit too tight on high grip. Maybe the new slipper parts will improve the setting, again helping stop stripped bevels?
Old 19-10-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
What's the part number for V3 Bevel gears?
Not sure, upgraded bevel gears are mentioned on that Xray page you linked to, my thoughts are that it'll be a running change like the bulkheads so the same part number as before. Not sure how you'll tell if you get new or old ones though.
Old 19-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Not sure, upgraded bevel gears are mentioned on that Xray page you linked to, my thoughts are that it'll be a running change like the bulkheads so the same part number as before. Not sure how you'll tell if you get new or old ones though.
No, They are referring to the already released V2 35T diff bevel gears, along with other uprated parts that have been introduced since the release of the original kit last year. Some of the "new" features aren't new at all. Marketing.