Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC > Wanted

Old 11-05-2014

Default Wanted: Team Losi JRX2 parts

Hi. While hunting for Optima parts, I stumbled upon a Team Losi JRX2, and as a "sidequest" want to rebuild it. It came fitted with regular A-arms, but the parts for the trailing link suspension were also present, and I decided to rebuild it as original release condition.

However, some essential parts are missing. The rings that hold the springs on the upper part of the shock, most are broken, and one is missing. I also can't find the screws that are used to secure the shock rod to the trailing link on the side. The milky white nuts that hold the shocks on the shock towers, 2 are missing, as well as some other screws.

If someone has those JRX2 parts, or others that I forgot to mention, please let me know.
Old 10-06-2014

Try these....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEAM-LOSI-...-/390567275765

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Losi-A5023...-/131196998117

If you want original shock collars then PM me, but they are super rare.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Associated...-/231252142334

Thanks

Brett
Old 10-06-2014
oOple Advertiser

We have tons of older JRX2 parts, some are already on our website in our "Vintage" section, but loads more still to add, so just email or call with your requirements if you need anything in particular and we can see if we can help....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 10-06-2014

I sent you an email, hope you get it.

@Bretts: Thanks for the links, for the moment I have the wider shock clamps, as I begin to realize the narrow ones are so fragile it's almost impossible to find 4 that are still in one piece. I focus on getting it complete for now, and maybe later make the shocks even more vintage. Things that are highest on the list now are the milky white nuts that secure the shocks on the top, and wheels.

Btw, what is the stock spur gear? I get the idea the previous owner fitted a bigger one, as it jams against the gear cover, both the old one, as well as the new repro one.
Old 10-06-2014

Standard non slipper Spur is 82t

I have 84t purple non slipper spur which is new but not in a packet if you need one.

If you're after the 'real' look, I have some original wheels in orange and a set in white, they are not new but would clean up ok. They have the kit tyres on from 1990 fronts are in good nick but rears are a bit worn (not glued).

I have some HPI 5 spoke star wheels too, put these just look too good to use or sell.

Brett
Old 23-06-2014

Almost there, just having a little trouble removing the wing mount caps without thrashing the original wing. Someone got a set of used wing caps willing to part off for less than an arm and a leg?
Old 27-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optima4Ever View Post
Almost there, just having a little trouble removing the wing mount caps without thrashing the original wing. Someone got a set of used wing caps willing to part off for less than an arm and a leg?
Obvious question - I guess you realise that to release the wing button's clamp on the wing wire, you rotate the top bit by 90 degrees?
+ too many vintage racers to list!
Old 27-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyDan View Post
Obvious question - I guess you realise that to release the wing button's clamp on the wing wire, you rotate the top bit by 90 degrees?
Good question, but yes, I know. I can get the tops to rotate 90 degrees, and the wire can slide freely then, but the top and bottom part of the clamp won't come apart when I pull.
Old 30-06-2014

Hi mate ,

i restore few old losi and i get few parts from those site :

http://www.oldrc.com

or

http://www.valkyriercmotorsports.com

Good luck
Old 01-07-2014

Good suggestion. I was about to order, when I looked in the JRX2 manual, and decided to give it a try with the current wing mount. After unlocking, I tried to simply pull the caps off, but now I tried a more twisting movement, and it did pop off. Getting them mounted again on the repro wing, which is a fraction thicker, also because it has a decal attached, wasn't very easy. I removed a little material on the edge, so it's a little more chamfered, and that helped popping it back on with the new wing.
Old 03-07-2014

I see from your build-up thread in the main section that you have finished off your car with the decals - I must say it looks great

It sounds like we both did the same with the wing buttons? I chamfered the bottom face of the 'wings' to the button part so that you dont wrinkle-up the sticker when you rotate it. I also temporarily stuck some masking tape to the underside of the wing prior to installing the wing wire to avoid scratching the paint... I assume also that you assembled the top & bottom parts of the plastic 'button' prior to feeding through the wire? Its all quite a tricky assembly job!
Old 03-07-2014

Thanks, I also like how it turned out. I wasn't very into vintage Losi when I got this car, but I soon realized it deserved some TLC.

I didn't chamfer the the bottom side of the button, so the decal on the wing has a small circular inprint after securing the wings. Only visible up close, and no wrinkles, not even when drilling the holes with the sticker already applied. I know I took a risk there, but it turned out well with the holes.

I assembled the buttons on the wire, indeed very tricky, but the 90 degree bend in the wire didn't allow sliding it through. To be able to assemble the top and bottom parts, the top part needs to be inserted at a slight angle. So I chamfered a side of the part that snaps into the bottom half, so with a little push, it could pop back into the bottom half, even when inserted at a slight angle. I think if you can assemble this, you can assemble about any vintage RC car, right? ;-)
Old 03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optima4Ever View Post
I assembled the buttons on the wire, indeed very tricky, but the 90 degree bend in the wire didn't allow sliding it through. To be able to assemble the top and bottom parts, the top part needs to be inserted at a slight angle. So I chamfered a side of the part that snaps into the bottom half, so with a little push, it could pop back into the bottom half, even when inserted at a slight angle. I think if you can assemble this, you can assemble about any vintage RC car, right? ;-)
Yes - it does seem that it would be impossible to get the wire/buttons to slide over the 90deg bend - but you kinda have to rotate the wire with a little more force than seems comfortable - but they do go! - once you get the hang of it, it actually is quite an easy assembly!
Old 03-07-2014

I tried, but it seemed like I would be forcing and break something if I pushed it along the 90 degree bend. Anyway, it's mounted now.