Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Benfield Radio Control Buggy Club

Old 29-09-2013

Post Benfield Winter Series

Ladies and gents
Benfield radio controlled car club have moved in to larger hall on a Friday evenings which runs 6.30 pm until 10pm every Friday. (all are welcome)

Due to the steady increase of new and continued support of long term club members we have decided to run Benfields First annual winter series in partnership with Dynamix Raceway. Supported and sponsored by Benfield Sports centre, Moss models, and Animal Tracks.

The club would like to invite you to book in, attend and support the series, We intend to run a 5 round series both 2wd and 4wd, which is open to all drivers of any age or ability without discrimination, there will be trophies and prizes for the winner of each final and a special price for the under 16 class. ( The future of the sport ). With a full presentation at the end of the series.

The meetings will be held at:
Benfield Sports Centre
Benfield Road
Walkergate
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE6 4NU

The dates are as follows:
Round 1 -October Sunday 27th 2013
Round 2 - November Sunday 24th 2013
Round 3 – December Sunday 22nd 2013
Round 4 - January Sunday 26th 2014
Round 5 - February Sunday 23rd 2014

Fee - £8.00 per class. Or £15.00 for both classes per round.
U16 - £5.00 per class. Or £8.00 for both classes per round.

The club would like to encourage you to book in. in advance by PM K-Brewer or email dynamixraceway@gmail.com confirming the round / date you would like to attend, and pay the entry fee via paypal.

doors will open at 7.30 am. Booking in Practice will be 8 am to 8.45 am followed by drivers' briefing We aim to have heats on the line at 9.00 am with the intention of finishing the meeting no later than 4 pm. Please note: The trophies and prizes presentation will be at the end of the meeting, once the track has been cleared, and drivers will need to be present to claim any prizes.

Paypal payments can be made to dynamixraceway@gmail.com entries will be confirmed upon receipt of payment. (Please make sure that you accept any charges to ensure that the club receives the full payment of fees.) Cancelations or refunds we respectfully ask you to give 48 hours’ notice prior to the event.

TRACK PREPARATION IS ON SATURDAY 4PM –6pm VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED TO HELP LAY OUT THE TRACK AND PUT AWAY AFTER MEETING.

Hot and cold food is available. (awaiting a volunteer to run the kitchen)

Regards
Paul Carr
Old 29-09-2013

Hi Paul,

Looks great, how many rounds count towards the championship 3/5 or 4/5? Just need to see how many days I need to get off from work.

Also, what tyres would you recommend for the new hall surface?

Thanks

If you don't ask, you'll never know!
Old 29-09-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogPrince82 View Post
Hi Paul,

Looks great, how many rounds count towards the championship 3/5 or 4/5? Just need to see how many days I need to get off from work.

Also, what tyres would you recommend for the new hall surface?

Thanks
It's gonna be 4/5 that counts mate, depending on feedback from the dates it could change
Old 29-09-2013
Mad Member

is there a control/preferred tire choice for the surface?
Old 29-09-2013
Mad Member

People booked in already for Sunday 27th October

2wd

Paul Carr
Gordon Irvine
Kevin Brewer
Jason Seymour
Mel Chatten
Jason Kane
Jason Knight
Paul Johnson

4wd
Paul Carr
Gordon Irvine
Kevin Brewer
Jason Seymour
Mel Chatten
Jason Kane
Liam Fletcher
Jason knight
Paul Johnson

Under 16 2wd
Ryan Kane
Finlay Seymour

Under 16 4WD
Finlay Seymour
Ryan Kane
Jasmin Fletcher

If you can book in early guys it would be much appreciated, as soon as you have paid if you can send me a PM so I can add you to the list
Old 29-09-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroP View Post
is there a control/preferred tire choice for the surface?
No control tyre but what seems to be working is slightly worn yellow mini spikes for 4wd, 2wd I'm guessing will be the same but will try some different options on Friday an keep you upto date
Old 29-09-2013

Default Moss models

Hi all

Moss models will be at the event to help with all your rc needs.
I will also be racing to win back the prizes I have donated for
the Winning classes
New events are good for the sport
I'm looking forward to racing somewhere new
See you all there.

Ps if theres anything you need call me 07903389921 cheers jason
Or check out my Website
www.mossrcmodels.co.uk
Old 01-10-2013

Default Winter series

Just a quick line as an update we have now had a couple of drivers from the Scotland area enquiring about the series with 2 drivers looking at attending the 2nd,3rd and 4th round 5round pending confirmation of local competition date.

As discussed if you wish to make a weekend of it. Benfield is located 2 miles from a cheap holiday inn and is 3 miles from jesmond witch is always a good night out.

Thank you for your enquiry, I look forward to receiving your booking confirmation.

Regards
Paul Carr
Old 02-10-2013

We have a meeting that clashes with round 1 but I will be down for round 2 for sure Paul. Looking forward to it. I'm sure I can get some more Scottish racers to make the trip down.
Old 03-10-2013
Mad Member

That's you Paul Johnson added mate
Old 08-10-2013

Only 3 weeks to go until round one of our Winter Series, places are still available in all classes so make sure you get booked in if you haven't already,

Benfields First annual winter series in partnership with Dynamix Raceway. Supported and sponsored by Benfield Sports centre, Moss models, and Animal Tracks.

The club would like to invite you to book in, attend and support the series, We intend to run a 5 round series both 2wd and 4wd, which is open to all drivers of any age or ability without discrimination, there will be trophies and prizes for the winner of each final and a special price for the under 16 class. ( The future of the sport ). With a full presentation at the end of the series.
Benfield Sports Centre
Benfield Road
Walkergate
Newcastle uponTyne NE6 4NU

The dates are as follows:
Round 1 -October Sunday 27th 2013
Round 2 - November Sunday 24th 2013
Round 3 – December Sunday 22nd 2013
Round 4 - January Sunday 26th 2014
Round 5 - February Sunday 23rd 2014
Fee - £8.00 per class. Or £15.00 for both classes per round
Old 13-10-2013

Default New Venue

Really enjoyed the last couple of meets at the new venue at Benfield sports centre, everyone seems to love it, grip was very good and the hall is a really good size, can't imagine what it will be like with the partition up when the series starts there will be oodles of space for any kind of layout, the hall also has excellent lighting, can't wait for the 27th!!
Old 13-10-2013
Mad Member

Updated list for the 27th Oct

2wd

Paul Carr
Gordon Irvine
Kevin Brewer
Jason Seymour
Mel Chatten
Jason Kane
Jason Knight
Paul Johnson
Paul Hindson
Mark Prior

4wd
Paul Carr
Gordon Irvine
Kevin Brewer
Jason Seymour
Mel Chatten
Jason Kane
Liam Fletcher
Jason knight
Paul Johnson
Paul Hindson
Mark Prior

Under 16 2wd
Ryan Kane
Finlay Seymour

Under 16 4WD
Finlay Seymour
Ryan Kane
Jasmin Fletcher

Mark an Paul ive added you both for the 27th Oct
Old 14-10-2013

Default Only 2 weeks to go

Only 2 weeks to go until round one of our Winter Series, places are still available in all classes so make sure you get booked in if you haven't already,
With the return of young Jack Clarke on Friday night and taking the young driver of the week trophy the under 16s competition is heating up, it would be great if all the under 16s from the area could book in and really show how the future of the sport will give the more established drivers a challenge in the years to come.

Benfield radio controlled car club have moved in to larger hall on a Friday evenings which runs 6.30 pm until 10pm every Friday. (all are welcome) The club would like to invite you to book in, attend and support the series, We intend to run a 5 round series both 2wd and 4wd, which is open to all drivers of any age or ability without discrimination, there will be trophies and prizes for the winner of each final and a special price for the under 16 class. ( The future of the sport ). With a full presentation at the end of the series.

Benfield Sports Centre, Benfield Road ,Walkergate , Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE6 4NU

The date for the first round is October Sunday 27th 2013

The club would like to encourage you to book in. in advance by PM K-Brewer or email benfieldrcclub@gmail.com confirming the round / date you would like to attend, and pay the entry fee via paypal.

Doors will open at 7.30 am. Booking in Practice will be 8 am to 8.45 am followed by drivers' briefing We aim to have heats on the line at 9.00 am with the intention of finishing the meeting no later than 4 pm. Please note: The trophies and prizes presentation will be at the end of the meeting, once the track has been cleared, and drivers will need to be present to claim any prizes.

Paypal payments can be made to dynamixraceway@gmail.com entries will be confirmed upon receipt of payment. (Please make sure that you accept any charges to ensure that the club receives the full payment of fees.) Cancelations or refunds we respectfully ask you to give 48 hours’ notice prior to the event.

TRACK PREPARATION IS ON SATURDAY 4PM –6pm VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED TO HELP LAY OUT THE TRACK AND PUT AWAY AFTER MEETING. Hot and cold food is available. (awaiting a volunteer to run the kitchen)_
Regards
Paul Carr
Old 17-10-2013

Gutted I can't make the first round really enjoying the new hall and at double the size for the comp makes for a very good meeting with good traction for some good racing. Managed to book the time off work for the other 4 meets so will be there can't wait.
Old 18-10-2013

Hope to see some more new faces tonight like last week. Some good racing last week with people getting setups sorted for the winter series much fun
Old 19-10-2013

Another good night last night in the new hall can't wait for next Friday can't come quick enough
Old 20-10-2013

Default Only 1 week to go

Only 1 week to go until round one of our Winter Series, places are still available in all classes so make sure you get booked in if you haven't already,
With the return of young Jack Clarke on Friday night and taking the young driver of the week trophy the under 16s competition is heating up, it would be great if all the under 16s from the area could book in and really show how the future of the sport will give the more established drivers a challenge in the years to come.

Benfield radio controlled car club have moved in to larger hall on a Friday evenings which runs 6.30 pm until 10pm every Friday. (all are welcome) The club would like to invite you to book in, attend and support the series, We intend to run a 5 round series both 2wd and 4wd, which is open to all drivers of any age or ability without discrimination, there will be trophies and prizes for the winner of each final and a special price for the under 16 class. ( The future of the sport ). With a full presentation at the end of the series.

Benfield Sports Centre, Benfield Road ,Walkergate , Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE6 4NU

The date for the first round is October Sunday 27th 2013

The club would like to encourage you to book in. in advance by PM K-Brewer or email benfieldrcclub@gmail.com confirming the round / date you would like to attend, and pay the entry fee via paypal.

Doors will open at 7.30 am. Booking in Practice will be 8 am to 8.45 am followed by drivers' briefing We aim to have heats on the line at 9.00 am with the intention of finishing the meeting no later than 4 pm. Please note: The trophies and prizes presentation will be at the end of the meeting, once the track has been cleared, and drivers will need to be present to claim any prizes.

TRACK PREPARATION IS ON SATURDAY 4PM –6pm VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED TO HELP LAY OUT THE TRACK AND PUT AWAY AFTER MEETING. Hot and cold food is available. (awaiting a volunteer to run the kitchen)_
Regards
Paul Carr
Old 21-10-2013
Mad Member

Updated list for the 27th Oct

2wd

Paul Carr
Gordon Irvine
Kevin Brewer
Jason Seymour
Mel Chatten
Jason Kane
Jason Knight
Paul Johnson
Paul Hindson
Mark Prior
James Tyler
Chris Clarke
Mike West

4wd
Paul Carr
Gordon Irvine
Kevin Brewer
Jason Seymour
Mel Chatten
Jason Kane
Liam Fletcher
Jason knight
James Tyler
Mike West
Chris Clarke
Paul Johnson
Paul Hindson
Mark Prior
Paul A Jones

Under 16 2wd
Ryan Kane
Finlay Seymour
Joshua Jones

Under 16 4WD
Finlay Seymour
Ryan Kane
Jasmin Fletcher
Jack Clarke

Updated list for this Sunday guys, if I've left anyone out PM me an I'll get you added
Old 22-10-2013

Default Prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
Hi all

Moss models will be at the event to help with all your rc needs.
I will also be racing to win back the prizes I have donated for
the Winning classes
New events are good for the sport
I'm looking forward to racing somewhere new
See you all there.

Ps if theres anything you need call me 07903389921 cheers jason
Or check out my Website
www.mossrcmodels.co.uk
I am giving a set of schumacher tyres to each class winner.
Good look to you all.
Cheers jason