Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 20-12-2014

Default GT12 Shell Options

Just picked up my first GT12 car, a Schumacher SupaStox GT. I went with the light weight Schumacher Type A shell. A friend who had the Type F shell said they were a perfect fit. Mine's okay, but it's very tight to the foam bumper and the dimples didn't line up to the mounts. Surprised there was no light decals included too. Just wondering what other shells people are running?
Old 20-12-2014
Mad Member

Type A is the most popular shell. It fits perfectly. Just trim some foam off the front to suit. Don't bother about the mounting holes mounts, just mark your own.
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 20-12-2014
Mad Member

+1. I've taken a scalpel to the front bumper for a perfect fit. It's important that the bumper is a snug fir inside the shell on a GT as the body posts are so far back.

The bumper must support the front of the shell so it doesn't deflect under aero load and when you hit something the shell doesn't bend around the posts - there's a lot of leverage there!

Type A - Kamtec Ascari - handles the best all round for most people. Some people swear by the Type F - Kamtec Ferrari - but I find it vague in mid-corner and a bit squirrely in chicanes. HTH
Old 28-12-2014

Thanks for the replies, trimmed the bumper and all is well .

Any suggestions on where to buy light decals?

Also how to people tend to run the rear wing on the Type A shell? I've got the fully gurney with two spacers, balance is pretty good on the sweeper, the wing looks huge though! Most other people at the club have trimmed it down a bit.
Old 28-12-2014

Simon mills does light stickers. Look on face book, only a few quid posted , if you can't find him look for west Cornwall rc club
Carisma gtb x2
Schumacher gt12 x2
Old 29-12-2014
Mad Member

Yes, you can trim the wing down quite a lot and it will still work fine. Mine is trimmed down about 5mm from the moulding.

Position also helps - the further rearwards the wing is the smaller it can be. More than 5mm behind the rear bumper has no measurable effect, but up to 10mm in front of the bumper will reduce the effect and make the rear slide a bit more.

It's something worth playing with, but after a few tests I have found that 5mm below the standard moulding and the rear level with the rear bumper seems to work fine everywhere. HTH
Old 29-12-2014

im also new to the gt12 and running the m6 body but find the back end steps out slightly mid corner at full power but this was my first outing. has anyone fan the type au body?
HB Racing D418
www.kandmacoustics.co.uk
Old 31-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
Yes, you can trim the wing down quite a lot and it will still work fine. Mine is trimmed down about 5mm from the moulding.

Position also helps - the further rearwards the wing is the smaller it can be. More than 5mm behind the rear bumper has no measurable effect, but up to 10mm in front of the bumper will reduce the effect and make the rear slide a bit more.

It's something worth playing with, but after a few tests I have found that 5mm below the standard moulding and the rear level with the rear bumper seems to work fine everywhere. HTH
Thanks for the detailed response. Do you run the wing flat to the shell? It came with a couple of spacers.