Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 28-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Erm, manual states that you do need the following bits to run the shorty lipo option in the car:

Ok it not the original KF shorty lipo conversion chassis kit, but quite a few bits of it that you do need to buy extra to make it run shorties. In my mind this is still an optional extra to run a shorty pack.

Also website lists this:
http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/New_Ca...KF2/U4706.html
U4706 Shorty LiPo Conversion Set - Cougar KF2

To be fair price of it, it's not going to break the bank, but should it be in the kit so you have the option on build?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 28-01-2015

Quote:
Also website lists this:

To be fair price of it, it's not going to break the bank, but should it be in the kit so you have the option on build?
So already we have to buy extra bits for this car! will the KF parts fit?
Old 28-01-2015

I think it's a mistake in the manual....
Old 28-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosho View Post
So already we have to buy extra bits for this car! will the KF parts fit?
Yup. I suspect there will be many KF's stripped for options and extras to bolt onto the KF2. And those who sold their KF's will have to re-buy the bits they had.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 28-01-2015

Quote:
Yup. I suspect there will be many KF's stripped for options and extras to bolt onto the KF2. And those who sold their KF's will have to re-buy the bits they had.
I think alot that sold up jumped to YOKO I must admit I was/am tempted
Old 28-01-2015
Mad Member

TBH the only thing I would see as a big advantage over the current KF would be the rear blocks as I hated how fiddly the old alloy block setup was.

I never had a problem with the slipper or motor mount and once the electrics were fitted, I didn't mind having a front top deck..
Old 28-01-2015
Mad Member

Well i`m selling my KF here and now open to offers as schumacher will only see money from me for tires http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162783

I cant help think it was a 'lets get rid of the original kf great design/layout as the designer no longer works here' might of been said.
I also think its a joke that they include black wheels in the kit but you see very few people running black wheels and the team drivers dont use them.
Either no wheels or white wheel in the kit.
I feel sorry for the people who either got a xmas gift kf, or bought one from xmas money as within less then 5 weeks its out of date

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 28-01-2015
Banned

are the side gears not changeable now then?
Old 28-01-2015

Quote:
Its not very good customer service at all and I almost jumped to YOKO for it!
The reality is that this hobby goes in trends. Db1, then tm2, then kf......yz2 is now popular. Unless you have the latest car then sales will suffer.
Old 28-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
Well i`m selling my KF here and now open to offers as schumacher will only see money from me for tires http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162783

I cant help think it was a 'lets get rid of the original kf great design/layout as the designer no longer works here' might of been said.
I also think its a joke that they include black wheels in the kit but you see very few people running black wheels and the team drivers dont use them.
I feel sorry for the people who either got a xmas gift kf, or bought one from xmas money as within less then 5 weeks its out of date
Same story for folk who bought a yokomo bmax2 worlds kit. You always take a gamble if you buy a current car thats been out so long. Best to wait for release day.
Old 28-01-2015

Looks like the cat K1 is due a few upgrades in the coming months?????????
Old 28-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:

Just because a new version is released doesn't mean the original car suddenly becomes crap! The fallacy that you have to have the latest car to be competitive is also crap! The original KF will be around for a few years to come yet. If you don't like what Schumacher do then you are under no obligation to buy the new car.

P.S I run the black wheels
Old 28-01-2015
Legendary dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
Just because a new version is released doesn't mean the original car suddenly becomes crap! The fallacy that you have to have the latest car to be competitive is also crap! The original KF will be around for a few years to come yet. If you don't like what Schumacher do then you are under no obligation to buy the new car.

P.S I run the black wheels
Fully agree. Enjoying reading the moaning it's amusing

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 28-01-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:

eh?
tom did a lot of the development work, you can buy a new tv and it be replaced the next day or even a phone!
Old 28-01-2015

If anyone doesn't want their black wheels you can send them to me
Old 28-01-2015
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Also website lists this:

AFAIK Neil the manual was printed before the decision was made to include the low grip (shorty) parts as standard. So no bits needed as extras.
Old 28-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterboy View Post
If anyone doesn't want their black wheels you can send them to me
Listen to this Pikey!
Old 28-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
Fully agree. Enjoying reading the moaning it's amusing
Agree too, I don't think there will be much performance increase in the kf2, I maybe wrong tho.

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 28-01-2015

Quote:
Listen to this Pikey!
Old 28-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:

Ditto, sorry to agree