Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > R/C Graphy!

Old 17-02-2011

I am sorry it will not fit the 3GR as that is a completely different shape.

Kev
Old 17-02-2011
oOple Advertiser

As Kevin has said the skins for both the new Futaba 3VC and KO Espirit 3 can also be ordered through our online store (the new one is being added later this afternoon). The shipping direct from us is slightly less at just 95p and of course we can combine this order with any of your other R/C car needs too, delivered straight to your door.......

As the UK distributor for Decal Designs, we have regular orders going in to Kevin and often experience the quickest turnaround on your orders for you too on items like this.

On another topic, some of you here are asking for skins for the Code/Etronix type radios, which is somthing myself and Kevin have discussed at length already, but we did both come to the conclusion that someene who has spent between £35-75 on one of these radios that is "budget" priced would probably then be unlikely to want to spend £25 on a just a skin for it..... any feedback here from owners and potential buyers would be appreciated, since at present we have focused our ideas on high end radios only and in particular stick versions that are not covered by other "graphics" companies around the world already.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 17-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
As Kevin has said the skins for both the new Futaba 3VC and KO Espirit 3 can also be ordered through our online store (the new one is being added later this afternoon). The shipping direct from us is slightly less at just 95p and of course we can combine this order with any of your other R/C car needs too, delivered straight to your door.......

As the UK distributor for Decal Designs, we have regular orders going in to Kevin and often experience the quickest turnaround on your orders for you too on items like this.

On another topic, some of you here are asking for skins for the Code/Etronix type radios, which is somthing myself and Kevin have discussed at length already, but we did both come to the conclusion that someene who has spent between £35-75 on one of these radios that is "budget" priced would probably then be unlikely to want to spend £25 on a just a skin for it..... any feedback here from owners and potential buyers would be appreciated, since at present we have focused our ideas on high end radios only and in particular stick versions that are not covered by other "graphics" companies around the world already.
I own the code core rc radio and i have been looking for people that do skins for it for some time, I don't think the people that have these radio's would complain about a £25 skin people buy these because they have all the functions of a more expensive radio, just cheaper! Everybosy want's something less expensive to look, more expensive and cool I for one would place an order straight away.

Old 17-02-2011

Quote:

I personally would love to have a nice skin for the Code/Etronix. If there are skins for mid/budget range wheel tx, it would be nice to have skins for a mid/budget range stick tx. Ultimately it's personal choice, if people with hi end tx are willing to personalise, i'm sure people with budget tx would'nt mind too, afterall, hi end or buget tx, it is something the owner uses regularly. If mass producing a skin for the Code/Etronix is not viable business wise, how about accepting custom orders for customers who are interested in purchasing them? Those skins really look awesome, how can anyone say no to them.

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon | Darth Tray

My Trader Feedback
Old 17-02-2011
oOple Advertiser

Interesting comments, if the demand is there then we will get them made. I agree with the personlising aspect, but juts did not assujme poeple on a budget would have/want to buy such an accesory that is such a large amount compared to the radio itelf.

The thoughts are to do some "off the shelf" designs, for these radiso (maybe instead of personalised ones ) but we are still deliberating. The hard part is for Kevin to design the template to make the finish and fit spot on, the easy bit is just apply the colour scheme to that "pattern/design"

At present, there is no real demand for budget steerwheel versions (from anyone) but having access to stick versions is popular, especilly here in the UK/Europe where stick is more popular than wheel.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 17-02-2011

Quote:
Interesting comments, if the demand is there then we will get them made. I agree with the personlising aspect, but juts did not assujme poeple on a budget would have/want to buy such an accesory that is such a large amount compared to the radio itelf.

The thoughts are to do some "off the shelf" designs, for these radiso (maybe instead of personalised ones ) but we are still deliberating. The hard part is for Kevin to design the template to make the finish and fit spot on, the easy bit is just apply the colour scheme to that "pattern/design"

At present, there is no real demand for budget steerwheel versions (from anyone) but having access to stick versions is popular, especilly here in the UK/Europe where stick is more popular than wheel.
It's great that UK companies are making skins for stick tx, cos there are very few stick tx users. Most major graphic skin companies makes skins for only wheel tx but they do cover most brands and models even buget/mid range ones...I hope there's a demand for Code/Etronix skins so we can see them being made available.

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon | Darth Tray

My Trader Feedback
Old 18-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

hi all just got my handset back from kev at decal designs and omg its awesome perfect fit colours are bang on and the detail on the handset like trim settings all all bang on im lost for words its awesome kev top draw more like super dooper special golden draw if any one want to see this ill be at worksop this weekend but trust me its propper mint well done once again kev

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 18-02-2011

Glad you like it.
Old 18-02-2011

That reminds me..I must get my Sanwa over to you....now to find a gap in racing for you to do it??

Looking good with the Futaba though.

E.
Old 18-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

must say ellis your design will look good on a sanwa

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 19-02-2011
Mad Member

Hi been looking at getting a transmitter skin just wondering if i ever decided to sell the transmitter how easy are they to get off ??

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 19-02-2011

If you gently warm the skin with a hairdryer it should come off with out any problems.

Kev
Old 21-02-2011

Send a message via MSN to _JP_ Send a message via Skype™ to _JP_

Kev, the design looks awesome

looking forward to making the 3VC mine!
Old 04-03-2011

Default 3vcs skin

cheers kev, just fitted mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1165.JPG (620.2 KB, 124 views)
Old 04-03-2011

Default 3VCS SKIN

HAS ANYONE ELSE FITTED ONE YET?.
Old 04-03-2011

just doing mine now
Old 04-03-2011

OK Finished and a few tweaks done, can you spot the subtle changes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0222.JPG (1.36 MB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2257.jpg (289.5 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2256.jpg (272.2 KB, 87 views)
Old 04-03-2011

Here's mine all fitted !

Really easy to fit with no major problems !
Thanks
Mark
Old 05-03-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Old 01-05-2011

Neil Oliver, gave us a bit of a headache when he asked us to produce for him a Futaba 3vcs transmitter skin to follow on from the F1 inspired 1/10 bodyshell designs that he uses. This was a great challenge for us as we needed to make the background look like chrome but could not actually use chrome vinyl for technical reasons. The chrome effect is printed onto high quality white vinyl. It is not metallic, really!!!

We think the illusion is pretty convincing?

Kev

Attached Images
File Type: jpg futaba-3vcs-tx-skin-type-m.jpg (375.3 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg futaba-3vcs-tx-skin-type-m-2.jpg (364.1 KB, 101 views)