Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 30-03-2011
Banned

Angry Team Durango cant make diffs for sh!t....

I dont care what durango or anybody says, ive spent silly £££ with durango and for the 3rd time both diffs are f**ked and will cost me at least another £30 to sort.

no point contacting team cant make diffs, they will blow some bull sh!t my way about how its not covered under warranty

ive built them PERFECTLY, no play in them, shimmed correctly, slipper not to tight, throttle profile low, brakes reduced to 75%

takes the ****** ***** p!$$ they lasted only 3 heats from a full rebuild

durango im seriously p!$$ed with you and tbh considering selling it for something that works and doesnt need rebuilding every heat costing a months wages each time.

takes the fun out of racing!!!
Old 30-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post
I dont care what durango or anybody says, ive spent silly £££ with durango and for the 3rd time both diffs are f**ked and will cost me at least another £30 to sort.

no point contacting team cant make diffs, they will blow some bull sh!t my way about how its not covered under warranty

ive built them PERFECTLY, no play in them, shimmed correctly, slipper not to tight, throttle profile low, brakes reduced to 75%

takes the ****** ***** p!$$ they lasted only 3 heats from a full rebuild

durango im seriously p!$$ed with you and tbh considering selling it for something that works and doesnt need rebuilding every heat costing a months wages each time.

takes the fun out of racing!!!

Have you asked any of your local team drivers to take a look at your car to see if they can spot any problems? - not that I'm saying youre doing anything wrong, but might be worth a try.
Old 30-03-2011
Banned

ive literally tried everything, this time when they were built they both felt perfect, no play, meshed perfect.

really losing faith in rango, clearly there is an issue as they have put a guide up to build them.

if durango send me some perfectly built diffs as a way of sorting this and thanking me for the hundereds ive spent with them then i would give them thumbs up again.

but ill just get fu*ked off like usual as they dont want to know about it.
Old 30-03-2011

No offence but I have not heard, seen of many going tbh.. The Guide-is a guide.. more companies should follow!
Old 30-03-2011
Banned

then why would i have 3 sets off diffs fu*k up???

seriously the diffs are built really well. but now ive spent over £100 on diffs parts that keep failing.

i must be single handed financing durangos development team

common rango i want an answer for this and something done about it before you lose a good customer and i spread the word to aviod rango diffs
Old 30-03-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiekerr14 View Post
No offence but I have not heard, seen of many going tbh.. The Guide-is a guide.. more companies should follow!
Agreed, number of us run them at torch and have no problems. Think circa 8 410s recently.
Old 30-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post
ive literally tried everything, this time when they were built they both felt perfect, no play, meshed perfect.

really losing faith in rango, clearly there is an issue as they have put a guide up to build them.

if durango send me some perfectly built diffs as a way of sorting this and thanking me for the hundereds ive spent with them then i would give them thumbs up again.

but ill just get fu*ked off like usual as they dont want to know about it.
But have you talked to a local team driver racing on the same track? They are there to help.
Old 30-03-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
Agreed, number of us run them at torch and have no problems. Think circa 8 410s recently.
How tight is the slipper as that is also key to protecting drive train
Old 30-03-2011

Well if you said you have built them perfectly, there must be something else wrong causing it too happen, what parts have actually gone?

~Tiverton Radio Control Car Club-
Old 30-03-2011

Im all for getting feedback, But if you have x3! go.. there maybe something wrong.. in they way they are built, or your drivetrain. As Gear diff's take a lot of abuse( 1/8th scare racer) and withstand a lot of abuse before they go. Which having 3 go by 1 person. And not many- if any other's complaining of issues. It starts to lead to the car or building them. What parts have gone in the diffs?
Old 30-03-2011
Banned

i have spoken with i team member at bury who gave some advice.

its inside the gearbox the main crown x4 and the 14t going in the gearbox x2, not to mention shims, gearbox cases x1 plus other spares.
Old 30-03-2011

You sure it was meshed correctly? as if its killing teeth. It likely to have too much play. if not no idea what else it could be.. (Pictures say a 1,000 words)
Old 30-03-2011
Banned

and when its built i look at every single detail when building it, too me nearly two hours to the point i was happy it be the last time it happen, im running barely no brakes, and the slipper is perfect and defo not to tight!
Old 30-03-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiekerr14 View Post
You sure it was meshed correctly? as if its killing teeth. It likely to have too much play. if not no idea what else it could be.. (Pictures say a 1,000 words)

meshed perfectly, there was barely any play when built. i mean 1mm movement outside the gearbox couldnt have been better
Old 30-03-2011

Do you check your diffs after the first run? just to check it's all bedded correctly?

~Tiverton Radio Control Car Club-
Old 30-03-2011
Banned

each heat you could hear they were getting worse, by the final its terrible, cant run it again, so thanks rango £30 of parts lasted me 1 evening.

tbh if rango dont respond to this i will probably sell it for something else, as much as i love it, im not filling rangos pockets for their shit diffs.

lets see there customer service and driver support now please....
Old 30-03-2011

Come on Captianlip.

You are yet to describe what actually has happened to your diffs.

I was happy to see the guide personally. As for being on the other side of the world, it is helpful to see what method the factory drivers use. I have run my diffs for a few weeks now with a few chipped teeth, yet it has not failed.

Is it the inside gear?

What oil and brand are you using?
What part is failing?
Is it just leaking?

More info is required if you what help over the forum?
Old 30-03-2011
Banned

sorry is the main crown and the 14t gear going into the gearbox both are stripping teeth and filling the box full of metal flakes, there is too much play and never seems to mesh correctly even after loads of time getting it to a point it felt perfect. but somethings missing clearly as they keep stripping every meet, its not that it cant be used its that it sounds like a mess, everyone is commenting on how bad it sounds hardly good publicity

if rango help me out with gearbox cases, grease, 2x 14t input gears 2x gearbox crowns i will be calling praise and glory for rango helping someone who has serious issues with their kit. but this will never happen. after all these would cost rango pennys.
Old 30-03-2011

Now we are getting some where!

You say that there is a lot of play.
Where?
Diff (left to right).
Is the 14t gear moving in and out?
Or is the play all in the mess.
What shims are in what position?

Funny, I built my car and it was noisy, then I built the diffs for mate when he was building the rest of his car. His was quiet. Club members now call my car the “Tractor” because you can hear it coming. Once I replace the diff rear diff gear all is quiet now.

A silly question. But are you put the 3 diff screws which hold the case together through the correct side. Eg when you look at the top of the car can you see the screw head buttons?
Old 30-03-2011

Ask them to build one for you!!
You never know what they might say. Then you'll know what it is if they don't go!!
Oli