Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 21-07-2011

Default cab forward shell

Hi guys just been looking at the world final most of the shells were cab forward is anyone making one for a x6sq???
chris
Old 21-07-2011
oOple Journalist

Arrow cab forward

Not yet but the most likely chaps to do one would be FTW, American company me thinks and a lot of cab forward 2wd stuff from them at the month, fingers crossed cuz I love um.....but the original squared shell is icey cool anyway

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776
Old 22-07-2011

Send a message via AIM to Paul_Sinclair

I think the new JConcepts cab-forward shell debuted at the worlds might fit the X - 6 pretty well. It fits on the longer B4 chassis they've been running recently which means it could sit well on the X - 6 with a little creative trimming.

I would emphasize that I've not seen one in person or even studied the pictures all that carefully, but I'll be taking a closer look when I can.
Old 22-07-2011

Paul. Is there any chance of getting some original X6 body shells re-made?

I think its still the nicest shell for the X6. But we cant get em any more
Old 22-07-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilkinson7 View Post
Paul. Is there any chance of getting some original X6 body shells re-made?

I think its still the nicest shell for the X6. But we cant get em any more
I can answer that one and sadly it is a no!

Reason being, the original X6 body moulded was what they used to modify to create the Squared body at JConcepts, so no going back now sadly......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 22-07-2011

why couldn't the make a mold from a new uncut one?
Old 23-07-2011
Mad Member

This might seem like a silly question but why haven't JConcepts made their own version of the X6 shell? They seem to be knocking shells out for fun for the other cars .

Clown
Old 23-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
I can answer that one and sadly it is a no!

Reason being, the original X6 body moulded was what they used to modify to create the Squared body at JConcepts, so no going back now sadly......
Old 23-07-2011
Mad Member

I too like the original 6 shell better -- I love the wrap-around window. I remember taking two prototype shells through the pits at a race somewhere, one painted with "standard" windows and the other wrap-around. The wrap-around won 9-1, so that's what we made.

When the Squared came out, we wanted to make the shell different -- Squared. So we changed the mold, bringing the bottom of the windshield a bit further back and making a sharper corner where the pillar is to square off the look. (And add a bit of downforce in the center of the car.) Also, we removed a bit of material from the mold to "square off" the top of the rear. Since many people didn't like the original, this helped.

All changes were made by removing material from the mold. You cannot add material, only subtract, so a different shell would require an entire new mold. We'd actually love to do it, but too much $$$ when there's an X - 7 to make, not to mention an SCX - 60CF.

As to whether an aftermarket company will make a new X - 6 Sq shell, you'll have to ask them. We will be happy to co-operate.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 01-08-2011
Mad Member

I've sent emails to both Proline and Jconcepts and both have been kind enough to reply. However, thats where the good news ends...

In a nutshell, it's all about demand - if enough people want them, they'll look into making them. Not sure how we go about doing that other than individually emailing them to register our interest?
Old 01-08-2011
oOple Journalist

Question cab forward interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by /tobys View Post
I've sent emails to both Proline and Jconcepts and both have been kind enough to reply. However, thats where the good news ends...

In a nutshell, it's all about demand - if enough people want them, they'll look into making them. Not sure how we go about doing that other than individually emailing them to register our interest?

We could set up a poll thread then invite both brands to view it here when we get a decenrt amount of votes in favour...just an idea, what do you think?

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776
Old 02-08-2011
Mad Member

done

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=535024
Old 03-08-2011
oOple Journalist

Talking perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by /tobys View Post
Great work mate, I've just voted ....just so others know, we are not suggesting the normal shell is no good as most people who own an x6 agree its a classis, just expressing that we would like the opportunity to try cab forward on this top class platform...get your votes in on the poll thread guys

Old 03-08-2011
Mad Member

Try Team Bluegroove on ebay, and send them a new "old" shell so they can make a mould...

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 09-08-2011
oOple Journalist

Thumbs up Blue Groove

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHY View Post
Try Team Bluegroove on ebay, and send them a new "old" shell so they can make a mould...
Good call Shy, I have dealt with BlueGroove last year regarding a micro buggy conversion I was doing, they are very cool to deal with. On another note, I noticed Azarashi are just about to release a new b4.1 shell...anybody got a contact with them because they seem likely with regards actually speaking directly with somebody who may do cab forward for the x6?

Keep our finders crossed ey

Old 09-08-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by styleone View Post
Good call Shy, I have dealt with BlueGroove last year regarding a micro buggy conversion I was doing, they are very cool to deal with. On another note, I noticed Azarashi are just about to release a new b4.1 shell...anybody got a contact with them because they seem likely with regards actually speaking directly with somebody who may do cab forward for the x6?

Keep our finders crossed ey
We are the UK dsitributor for Azarashi, but at present they have no plans to do a cab forward body for the X6
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 09-08-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

time for mrspeedy to get creative if you want a cab forward
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 09-08-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

if you send an original x6 to kamtec in the uk they will mould you new ones
Old 09-08-2011

Send a message via AIM to Paul_Sinclair

I just got in the new Finnisher body and the revised Punisher body from JConcepts, meant to fit the long-chassis B4's run at the Worlds. I'm away for the ROAR Nationals this week, but once I get back I plan on having them sprayed up and test fitting them. From my initial quick look at it, I'll have to trim some of the body to fit around the back corners of the chassis, but they should fit the front end well and cover the motor area just fine. I'll let you guys know how it turns out and post pics if things look good.
Old 09-08-2011
oOple Journalist

Thumbs up squarinnisher ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Sinclair View Post
I just got in the new Finnisher body and the revised Punisher body from JConcepts, meant to fit the long-chassis B4's run at the Worlds. I'm away for the ROAR Nationals this week, but once I get back I plan on having them sprayed up and test fitting them. From my initial quick look at it, I'll have to trim some of the body to fit around the back corners of the chassis, but they should fit the front end well and cover the motor area just fine. I'll let you guys know how it turns out and post pics if things look good.
Sounds brilliant Paul. When I saw the Finnisher at the worlds it looked super cool...so if it fits the squared its game on! .....as suggested, post some pics when the little rascal is on your buggy cant wait..