Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 19-01-2015

Default Dex210v2 gearbox bind.

Got a few gearboxes with a slight bind , tried various combinations but can't narrow it down . Ball diff or geared diff makes no difference , gearbox casings maybe one explanation . Was wondering if anyone has had the same problem , and sorted it . I have four gearboxes with the bind.
Old 19-01-2015

Is this a brand new car?

Mine used to bind when the small bearing needed replacing. And dont over tighten the gearbox screws. Just a tiny nip is enough
Old 19-01-2015

Both cars from new about 6 month old now , with spare gearboxes ball diff and geared diff . I've tried it with diff out then lay shaft out but same , I'm careful not to over tighten . Seems it's the idle gears , only noticed it recently so might of done it from new.
Old 20-01-2015

the screws dont need to be tight at all on the 210 gearbox, im the sorta guy the tightens everything down really well but you really do have to go easy on the 2 screws that hold it together and the 3 long ones that go onto the motor mounting plate, every time i rebuild the car it feels like it binds a little as the layshaft isnt supported properly until the car is all back together and then its free again, so once its back i the car and every things back together it shouldnt be to bad and if it still has a slight notch after a run it should be fine!
Old 20-01-2015

I'm going to have another look at them this week , one has started to sound noisy . Also I'll be switching back to ball diff soon .
Old 20-01-2015

Make sure the tiny bearing in the gearbox is ok, the one that the layshaft sits on!