Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Top Force View Post
I finally purchased a 502X from Japan. The store still a 511, one of each in fact! I purchased their last 502X. It came down to maintenance. The 502 presented less diff rebuilds due to sealed gear boxes. Here in Australia our tracks are all dirt and I'd been there and done that with belts in Yokomo's in the 1990's.

If I had the cash I would have ordered the 511X as well and stored it way. I think they'll become a NIB rarity in the near future or built it for display purposes, as it looks like a nice car to build. I enjoy building new kits just as much as racing them!

The 502X:http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_m...5790&sid=33946

Any 502X tips Lee for hard packed clay with a dusty surface?

P.S. - Loving the LMR wing on my 502X looks better than the TRF version and is a lot tougher!
You should have bought the 511 instead, and bought some diff covers from Fredrik. Then you would have had the better car and with sealed diffs too. Oh well. Now that you have the 502 enjoy it. 90% of it boils down to the driver and setup anyway so chosing between the two cars is really splitting hairs, but when grip is loose or the track is wet belt drive is the better choice.
Old 03-09-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Aussie Top Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaddict View Post
You should have bought the 511 instead, and bought some diff covers from Fredrik. Then you would have had the better car and with sealed diffs too. Oh well. Now that you have the 502 enjoy it. 90% of it boils down to the driver and setup anyway so chosing between the two cars is really splitting hairs, but when grip is loose or the track is wet belt drive is the better choice.
With the opposition being B44's, Kyosho's and Durango's the 502X wont be at any disadvantage here on the Australian tracks. All in the same boat with shaft drive. There are not too many Losi 4wd's running in Aus these days. As you say, splitting hairs! Further a wet track here involves mud, lots of mud, to the point where it builds up on tyres. We usually have to close the tracks.

Don't worry, no regrets and I'm already enjoying it!

David
Secretary/Treasurer
Southern Highlands Off Road R/C Car Club Inc.
(NSW Australia)
http://shorrcccinfo.wix.com/shorrccc
www.facebook.com/SHORRCCC
Old 31-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Martin View Post
Those are TRF thumb screws.
Thanks! Still haven't been able to find them anywhere.