Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 28-09-2012
Mad Member

wow....

Di Resta...£200K
Hamilton...£16m

lol!!!

Hamilton for me is still one of the most exciting current drivers to watch...alongisde Alonso (although I've found it hard to like Alonso in the past I seem to be warming to him a little of late)...Button, is good, but is not the great that people make him out to be....don't get me wrong, I've followed him for years, and do like/support him, but he is only fast when the car is working perfectly, but can often be almost nowhere when it's not, Hamilton on the other hand just seems to rag the wholy crap out of whatever he's driving!

As for Hamilton moving to Mercedes, it's sad given the history, but the change of scenery might do him good...widen his experiences, only working for one company must be fairly limiting in some respects...as long as the bit of diva in him doesn't send him the other way if Mercedes don't offer the support in the same way as Maclaren have

I'd love to see Di Resta in something better funded...I reckon he'd do very well with the right backing...there's a wise and fast head on them young shoulders IMO!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 28-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

A sad day. I loved the McLaren Ham/But combo
Old 28-09-2012
Mad Member

To be fair, what is loyalty in today's world?? We are all just a number where ever we work. Looking after yourself is what counts, and looks like he (LH) is.

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 28-09-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Best of luck to Lewis. Doesn't bother me where he has moved too

Is the Ferrari line up finalised.
Old 28-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen View Post
To be fair, what is loyalty in today's world?? We are all just a number where ever we work. Looking after yourself is what counts, and looks like he (LH) is.

Totally agree 100% with the above.

look at years gone by, senna, prost, mansell etc, they all changed to their bitter rival teams at some point, just because you are with a big team doesnt mean to say you have to stick with them for thew rest of your racing career.

2002, 3 , 4
B.R.C.A Scottish indoor TC champion.
2005......... B.R.C.A Open modified Scottish TC champion.
2011....... Scottish Indoor OFF-ROAD champion.
2012 ......... Scottish SORC Off-Road Runner up.

My oOple Trader feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84630
Old 29-09-2012
Mad Member

Im pretty shocked TBH, i didnt think it would happen. In a way, im glad it has though, Lewis needs to move, expand his world, and grow up some IMO.
He is young, but shows it far too often, the likes of some of the newer drivers, show far more maturity, Perez for one.....what a talent, this kid will nail it at Mclaren i feel.
Jenson.....ahh, always had a soft spot, just wish he could get that happy balance more often, on his day, he can be sooooo quick, i hope the lads can give both of them a fast car next season, finish 2012 on a high, and go into 13 with a top chassis.
Its funny how i hear folk warming to Alonso.......this season, more than any, i have too, the guy never says die, and he deserves the title this season, he has been superb.
As for Lewis....i dont know, i cant see Mercedes giving him a chassis he can immediately use in anger.....time will tell, but, isnt it funny, how they wanted an all German line up, and it just hasnt worked, i still wonder how things would be, if they (Brawn) just coughed up and kept Jenson way back?

lee
Old 01-10-2012

I am glad that Hamilton has moved because he was to childish but I do not think that Perez will be as good as some people believe so. If he was getting the results he getting now at Mclaren it would not be enough and some of the race he would not be able to finish that high. Such as; Monza he only got up the field because he qualified 12th and could start on the hard tyres, to which he could vary his strategy from the front runners but if he was with Mclaren, he would've started in the top ten which would've made him start on the Medium tyres and would be the same as everyone else.
Old 06-10-2012
Mad Member

The legend retired today

He will be greatly missed. He retired being the greatest formula 1 driver in history.

'Thank you Micheal'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eLfoT185_g

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19826365
Old 06-10-2012
Mad Member

Sergio Perez moving to Mclaren. Very talented young driver,he still has things to learn. But i'm sure Mclaren will offer the support and help he requires to become a top class driver.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19755616

Lets hope Sergio Perez doesn't turn into a drama queen like Lewis Hamilton!

Any suggestions on the other drivers?, Felipe Massa,Nico Hulkenberg,Paul Di Riesta,Bruno Senna,etc?

Thanks.