Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 05-03-2014

Default K1 electronics install and weight ballance.

So how are people dealing with getting their cars electronics installed and weight balanced correctly?

So with my car I have:-

On the motor side
Hitec 7955TG @ 65g,
speed passion v3 6.5 motor @ 160g
+ about 40g of the esc - motor wires
+ the motor mount @ (has anybody weighed this??)
+ extra weight from the Fab system

On the other side I have
Reventon Pro @ 47g with fan (opposite servo),
orange micro receiver @ 11g
+ about 10g of esc - motor wires
+ slipper clutch bearing holder @ (again has anybody weighed this?)

Anyway without added weights I have a side to side difference on the scales of about 120g between the front axle and about 65g difference between the rear axle. I put 20g next to the esc to counter the servo difference and about 36g of weights (all that was available)behind the receiver virtually opposite the motor position. Now this gets the rear to within 15g but the front is still about 60g out (on the scales). Now to add another 60g to the front right quarter seems a bit ridiculous to me.
Old 05-03-2014

I moved the servo to the other side, and shifted some stuff around. I run a separate pack, but balance without it would be just as easy.This gives me:

RF 391.5
LF 404.5
RR 432.2
LR 432.6

Old 05-03-2014

Would weighing the car with the shock springs still installed not cause a possible error in the readings? Perhaps you could weigh the car again with the springs removed to prove this?
Old 05-03-2014

I'd considered moving the servo, but the servo balances the front section quite nicely against the esc and 20g of weights. The rear section is obviously fairly well balanced so it is just the section opposite the motor that troubles me. If I was to use the sticky weights I'd have to pretty much fill the entire section to properly ballance the motor.

What are the team drivers doing with electrics install and weights to get the chassis balanced perfectly?

Maybe have to cut a bit of brass to suit my only concern is the cars gonna end up quite a porker!
Old 05-03-2014

Oh yes I'm also interested in some clarification regarding badger's point regarding weighing with or without springs fitted? I have personally always weighed cars with them fitted.
Old 06-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
Would weighing the car with the shock springs still installed not cause a possible error in the readings? Perhaps you could weigh the car again with the springs removed to prove this?
They can, but IMO it's far less than any imperfections in the car. Without the springs the shock pistons are pushing against the top of the shock body. If one has more air trapped in the cap, the readings will be skewed. If the car doesn't sit level, skewed even more. Etc... Therefore, I level the car on a level surface and measure. This is the way that has been the most consistent for me.
Old 11-03-2014

mine...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM00455.jpg (245.9 KB, 74 views)