Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Basingstoke Radio Car Club

Closed Thread

Old 20-06-2011

Post Sunday 26th June Fairfields School Fete

Dont Forget guys we are doing a demonstration this Sunday at the school fete. Any new members will need to contact me before turning up please. Can the usual suspects also confirm numbers please.
I am not sure of the setup times yet, but I suggest we meet at the site first thing to draw out a makeshift track and barriers, we can always go off and get a brekkie somewere when its done. The fete starts at 12 through till 3.
Davey are the flyers ready yet, this would be a great opo to hand them out?
Any suggestions or ideas fella's?
Old 21-06-2011

I'll get a few decent cones from work to help with the track a bit.

Might be worth taking one of the small ramps. Anyone got a small bit of astroturf?
Old 23-06-2011

hi guys

sorry i could not get down last week i had to do family stuff this sounds good and i have a new 2.4 gig controller now
let me know what time you need me there to help setup as my kids will be coming over later so i have been given a pass
Old 24-06-2011

Smile

Ian,
I'll be there.
What time and where do we park.
Thanks, Trevor.
Old 25-06-2011

I'll defo be down. Apologies but I've not managed to get any extra cones this week. Should be ok for next week though.
Old 25-06-2011

Hiya,

sorry for absence over last few weeks - missed one sunday for my kid's birthday, the next was dealing with my dads illness, the next was dealing with my dads death, the next racing was cancelled, the next I was photographing a festival in Croyde!

Hoping to get along tomorrow - I'll see how I get along with paperwork and my dad's house clearing. Alas after that I've got another bunch of weeks absence as I've got another family birthday next sunday, then the following two sundays are photographing more festivals (Basingstoke Live, then Larmer Tree).

Missing racing the car, and I've got a nice old 1980s hornet to restore (and I hope all the bits to do it!) - can't wait to get screwdrivers and spanners out.

So, fairfields - what's the plan? Where is the meeting point? What about vehicles - is there a designated parking area?

Speak soon,

d.
Old 27-06-2011

Great to see everyone yesterday.

A good time had and a few quid raised for the school.

Sorry I'm not gonna be there with you all next week. I hope all goes well.

Phil
Old 27-06-2011

Thanks to everyone, that made it yesterday. We made a good amount for the school and I think we have probably gained a few new members. If nothing else we certainly generated lots of interest by the younger members of the community, which can be no bad thing for the future of the hobby. They need to be encouraged to partake in other activities other than video games, after all why pretend to be driving a car when you can (well kind of - yall no what I mean). I 'll get off my soap box again now.
Next week is another demo at the show in Arborfield. Can Steve please post a new thread with the info. Thanks
Old 27-06-2011

Thumbs up

Good fun, good company and cracking weather.
Thanks, Trevor.
Closed Thread