Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Y.R.C.C - Yatton RC Car Club

Old 30-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeedy View Post
Maybe even have a track build night, some of us actually enjoy that sh!t
Unfortunately as WORM have found out in the past people don't turn up and help. Our experience is that people just want to show up to the track and race.

The frustrating thing about all this is come the Winter people will be wondering why there isn't anywhere indoors to race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'MM'N
Fill the place with clay and you'd have an influx of drivers all week long
I know you said this jokingly but I have had the same thought and would love to do this. I may talk to the owners and see what they say. If we are not in the building paying the rent they are going to knock it down anyway.
Old 30-05-2013

Send a message via MSN to ryan

I think yatton is a brilliant track, as previously mentioned its great to have somewhere to go on a Friday night to keep your thumbs in tune.

Sadly it's abit to far for me to come most of the time as its an hour and a half drive each way.... I wouldn't mind the travelling time it's just the fuel cost!

For a Sunday meeting I would happily support yatton, just becomes a bit much when racing Friday nights and Sunday. Now the summer months are here with regionals etc. it's preferable to race on an outdoor circuit.

I think the track is making really good use of the space and features available. Extending it may make the track better, but not sure if it would bring more members.

It would be sad to see yatton go, especially after all the hard work and amount of hours that have been put into it!
Old 30-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan - South West RC View Post
Unfortunately as WORM have found out in the past people don't turn up and help. Our experience is that people just want to show up to the track and race.
Maybe ... but if you don't try you won't know ...

Would be good to have a few spares bits n bobs to have a play around with ... and its not as if you you have to dismantle it at the end of the night ... !!

Dirt would be amazing ... but more work

Ask Paul about it, he had a club a few years back which was indoor dirt ... and was amazing
Old 30-05-2013

Dirt is more hassle than its ever worth !!!!
Old 30-05-2013

Send a message via Yahoo to Andy Nelson

I think maybe the 2 clubs could come together and come up with a solution after all do you really need 2 indoor tracks in the area why not pull together and work something out after all your all adults doing the same thing.
Just a thought
Old 30-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Nelson View Post
I think maybe the 2 clubs could come together and come up with a solution after all do you really need 2 indoor tracks in the area why not pull together and work something out after all your all adults doing the same thing.
Just a thought
We have discussed this in the past but because we are not sure how long we will have the place (could get turfed out if they find a renter) WORM decided that they would like to stay in the hall they are in. I completely understand this and would do the same if I was in their position.

Dirt is a lot of hassle but if it improved the numbers then I would be willing to try and find the time to sort it. Having said that I think that we would be better off expanding what we have and trying to improve the facilities available first.

One thing I think would be good is for Yatton to have a small committee so try to get things sorted and to get things actioned. At the moment myself, Rob and Martin sort everything (mostly Rob) and it would help to get other people involved more in the general running of the club.
Old 30-05-2013

tbh the little time i have spent at the track i have liked even tho im not always able to run im happy to chip in to keep it moving i think awareness is a issue i no of few rc'ers & shops that had no idea it was there i have a couple of newbies coming in the next few weeks
Old 31-05-2013

Default Yatton

Maybe there could be other key holders for the nights/days it shuts due to competition elsewhere or even for different class evenings i.e. Micros etc

I personally love it there but have no experience of other clubs

I would be sad to see it go so I would defo be prepared to pay more each evening if its required. In the grand scheme, an extra £5 is ok.

Changing the track may be fun however i dont think its the answer unless you have a MASSIVE jump somewhere for those who dont mind fixings their cars loads

Maybe there should be a session for TOTAL beginners so they dont feel under immense pressure to perform or avoid upsetting fellow members, or even an evening where there is no racing, just bashing?

Is it a fixed cost per month to run or do the electricity costs fluctuate depending on usage?

Whats the cost of opening separate nights??

Just ideas.

Thanks for the hard work put into the club. All I do is turn up and smash my car around all night and eat your food so I am grateful enough to pay more for my experience
Old 02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowen208fly View Post
Dirt is more hassle than its ever worth !!!!
whys that Martin ? Would you need to wash more

All joking aside the track is good for what size building you have , The people there are all nice and helpful !

Down side for me is its just over an hour away for me ( Exeter ) and when you have kids with after school clubs , Home work and then put them to bed leaves me pushed for time and at the end of the night when i get home it's really LATE for a old man like meself

I do think it would be a great idea to speak to as many models shops as poss to SPREAD the word as i bet there is loads of people who have cars they just trash about in the garden or car park !

What about test days? Say open up for a 1/2 day on a saturday to test / Pratice ! ( I understand extra work for you both but maybe a pre book Min of 5 at £5 each )

Last of all Good job Rob and Alan for all your hard work setting up this venue and thank you for your time you put in to ranning race control and giving up YOUR racing to do so !

Tony
Old 03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goode View Post
whys that Martin ? Would you need to wash more

All joking aside the track is good for what size building you have , The people there are all nice and helpful !

Down side for me is its just over an hour away for me ( Exeter ) and when you have kids with after school clubs , Home work and then put them to bed leaves me pushed for time and at the end of the night when i get home it's really LATE for a old man like meself

I do think it would be a great idea to speak to as many models shops as poss to SPREAD the word as i bet there is loads of people who have cars they just trash about in the garden or car park !

What about test days? Say open up for a 1/2 day on a saturday to test / Pratice ! ( I understand extra work for you both but maybe a pre book Min of 5 at £5 each )

Last of all Good job Rob and Alan for all your hard work setting up this venue and thank you for your time you put in to ranning race control and giving up YOUR racing to do so !

Tony
Well said Tony ! well most of it
Old 05-06-2013

Hi Rob

Try this as cheap advertising !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Supastox-G...item460fdaa734

ebay advertising 30 days for a pound or two !

Tony
Old 05-06-2013

Hi everyone, some good points made here.

I believe that the club has the future to be an excellent facility for us all AND grow significantly in numbers. Yes it’s a bit smaller than we would like, but lets turn this fact into a positive and become known for having a highly technical twisty track (which is sheltered from rain!). With the popularity of WORM, caldicot & now YRCCC it seems that the South west and Bristol area are becoming a bit of a hub for RC racing and they can all offer something a bit different whilst focusing on the 1/10th which seems to attract the masses.

I believe that there is currently enough of a critical mass of people who are willing to pay extra that would be able to support the club finances.

I also believe that dan is 100% correct, we need to attract new blood to the support for the club to have a long term future.

Therefore I would suggest the following:

1.We introduce club membership fees at around the following rates:
•Annual membership £90 or paid quarterly at £27 (2 options to help those with cash flow issues)
•No fee for new comers for 2 months (the costs of setting up with RC stuff is high)
•£20 a year for under 18’s.

2.We continue to charge race fees. £5/ night for members and for your first 3 times at the track. £12 for non members.

3. To address the 'new members' and 'track changes' issues that have been raised, we setup a small committee. From what I can see, this would consist of the following areas that would help the us take the club to the next level:

a. A New recruitment officer/s. somebody responsible for recruiting new members or as a minimum coming up with a plan/calendar of how this could be done and be responsible for moving it forward. E.g. signs in schools, race days in public places such as school car parks, getting the sign out on the road etc etc etc.

b. Someone to own track improvements, this becomes their job and reduces bad feeling when the same old are always looked to to do the work when they already do EVERYTHING. ( I know I have never helped in this btw, so guilty here!)

Therefore my question to everyone is, how many would be willing to pay this sort of money? if it meant the difference between the club staying and going.

I would imagine the long term strategy would probably be to reduce these fees but it could buy us a year to work on getting the member numbers up and therefore revenues.

Sorry Alan/Rob/Martin, I don’t know exact cash you need to generate but I think the response here might determine how much we could look to raise. Hope I haven’t overstepped the mark suggesting this. Its just what I would do if it was completely down to me.

PS really appreciate all the hard work you’ve all put in to get here, thanks guys.
Old 06-06-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDT View Post
Sorry Alan/Rob/Martin, I don’t know exact cash you need to generate but I think the response here might determine how much we could look to raise.
The rates are £270 p/m then we have to pay electric and water. At the moment we have paid £100 for water for the year we've been there and nothing for electric as they can't seem to agree on the meter reading!!
Old 06-06-2013

I can't see people paying 90.00 a year membership and pay to race

Schumacher Laydown
Schumacher Cat L1

Schumacher
RC Octane
Old 06-06-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornishboy176 View Post
I agree, we need to be careful when setting our prices so that we don't put people off.
Old 06-06-2013

What would the £90 be paid for if you still had to pay race fees on the day?I've seen this tactic before but the money up front meant you could race anytime any day that season on the track so is basically always open.
Old 06-06-2013

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornishboy176 View Post
Ditto on that. Personnaly i couldnt afford it so that would cancel me out of racing