Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 27-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
here is a thought!

instead of you all moaning on here you can not use the lipos from hk,

WHY NOT, drop them an email, get them to pay £40 and submit all their batteries, and actually get them on the list. IF their that ok, they will pass and you will all be able to find some thing else to moan about and blame the BRCA!
just a though
Oh I'm not moaning about whether I can use my batteries mark, I'm querieing why there seems to be a double standard when it comes to battery safety and the requirements the BRCA set out with regards liability if something catches fire and causes damages losses amongst different disciplines under the same umbrella
AE B74
AE T6.1
AE SC6.1

Kits and parts supplied by:
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/[/size]

My Feedback thread: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...945#post691945
Old 27-10-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

you do know that sections can choose not to use the eb list?
proposal, pass proposal, drop list....
Old 27-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
you do know that sections can choose not to use the eb list?
proposal, pass proposal, drop list....
There isn't a list for 1/8 scale though. My question is should there be as the batteries in use can cause safety issues and liability against the BRCA or host club etc

In fact as all rc cars must have some form of battery that means every class should on safety grounds a battery list IMO
AE B74
AE T6.1
AE SC6.1

Kits and parts supplied by:
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/[/size]

My Feedback thread: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...945#post691945
Old 27-10-2014

It doesn't make any difference to me as I have enough racing, let alone nationals. I believe hobbyking have been contacted and nothing came from it?
It's a shame hk won't submit.
Old 27-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazp83 View Post
It doesn't make any difference to me as I have enough racing, let alone nationals. I believe hobbyking have been contacted and nothing came from it?
It's a shame hk won't submit.
At £40 per pack per a submission , is it really a wonder why ?
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 27-10-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
At £40 per pack per a submission , is it really a wonder why ?
£40 would cover the cost of submitting all there 1 and 2S lipos
Old 27-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matdodd View Post
£40 would cover the cost of submitting all there 1 and 2S lipos
Ok hands up, I thought it was per pack, guess I'm not to old to learn something, lol
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 27-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Ok hands up, I thought it was per pack, guess I'm not to old to learn something, lol
The thing I'm wondering is why any business wouldn't pay £40 to increase sales?
Old 27-10-2014

Guys, a list won't make batteries safer one bit, education and decent chargers would solve the issue.... power trips off and you're in a rush and your charger has defaulted back to NiCD..... etc, etc, etc.... Your charger over Volts your battery, your ESC doesn't cut off soon enough for low V..... none of this is sorted by a piece of paper.
Old 27-10-2014

Quote:
Well, I think they sell so much to the other RC markets, why would they need to?
Old 27-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwp102 View Post
This is farcical. So the same governing body has one rule for one lot and another rule for another lot. Surely the least we should hope to expect from the mandarins is consistency across classes?
That's very insulting to your fellow racers - remember it's another racer who proposed the rule that your fellow racers voted in that another racer you voted in to enforce it for you - is trying to do..

Some folk on here need to remember how this sport works..

The EB list is voluntary - it was created at the request of the membership of the electric classes to try and ensure consistency and that the cells we're using are at least going to stand up and be counted if something goes pear shaped (the paperwork is all in place and therefore they're Ok to use in the EU and the Manufacturer / Retailer is legally standing behind them when that's proved not to be the case.)
If your section chooses not to use it – that’s entirely up to you and your fellow racers.

The basic LiPo safety rules are actually in General Rules too - to ensure the basics stand up if something fails so the sections not using the EB list (their choice - same as it's the members choice for those that do) and the vast majority of the members happily racing at Clubs, where the lists don't apply, have at least the basics in place.

Next:-

If you think the people your fellow racers voted in are useless it's your responsibility to get off your backside and do the job better yourself.
That's exactly how it works - it's not anybody else's job.

It never ceases to amaze me that people don't grasp the basics that the BRCA is just a collection of racers trying to do their best - and having the ability and funds to ask pukka experts when they need to - and then distributing the info you asked them to do on your behalf.
It's not hard to get your head round - think who you're slagging off before you type - you're quite likely racing against the bloke who proposed the thing you dislike and certainly will be against people who voted for it (or could be bothered to have an input into that process at least)

Oh and lastly re the voting - Yet again nobody proposed to change it - so you can stop complaining on that one!
Not attending I can understand.. asking somebody to put if forward I could understand.. but bitching like mad and not even being bothered to propose it is just plain lazy.

There is NO excuse for not having an input into your sport.
Old 27-10-2014

Quote:
Ohh I can think of loads - shame I'm not a customer of theirs..
If I was I could demand of them a copy of the paperwork that they would need to submit IF they sent cells in for Homologation.
IF one got that paperwork then it'd be a different question..
Old 27-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Well, I think they sell so much to the other RC markets, why would they need to?
To increase sales?
If what your saying is the case why do they advertise in mags etc? That costs far more that £40.
Old 27-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Spencer View Post
Ohh I can think of loads - shame I'm not a customer of theirs..
If I was I could demand of them a copy of the paperwork that they would need to submit IF they sent cells in for Homologation.
IF one got that paperwork then it'd be a different question..
Mmm good point Jim, maybe one of there customers could ask them?
Old 27-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by luniemiester View Post
There isn't a list for 1/8 scale though. My question is should there be as the batteries in use can cause safety issues and liability against the BRCA or host club etc

In fact as all rc cars must have some form of battery that means every class should on safety grounds a battery list IMO
Hi

Bit of background - the liability for a product sold in the EU rests with the Manufacturer (if it's made here) or the Importer - or possibly the retailer but that's unusual - for it's safe Manufacture and it's inherent fit for purpose.

It does not get back to the Clubs.
(we're all 'The BRCA', you can't separate yourself from It if you're a member, it's a club - same as Me and the Crewe Model Car Club I'm a member of)

The user can be liable for any product we use.

Doesn't matter what it is, from a LiPo battery to a house brick if I'm handling it I'm liable for it, it's where that liability ends up if I'm using it correctly and a manufacturing fault causes me, or somebody else some grief.

That's where Product Liability and the Insurance for it come in - which is what the EU regulations, the EB lists check for, all hangs together.

Hence in the General Rules the basics of safe use are also covered - that's to ensure a user making a Horlicks out of something can't drop the poor bloke running the club into the cacky stuff..

Unfortunately this has been tested several times and it works, it might appear odd - but ensuring the membership is informed (up to you if you can be bothered to read it though..) is so very important.
Old 27-10-2014

Last post - been a long day..

The folks posting about LiPo's and Insurance and Claims in posts 70odd to 70few

You need to Google:-

Public Liability Insurance
&
Product Liability Insurance

Then read 'Insurance and the RC Racer' in the handbook..

As you're well out of kilter about who covers what and how this all hangs together - or drop me a PM if you want to go over it?

I honestly thought that folk were bright enough to vote in people they think are bright enough to ensure this is done right..
The system we have works - trust the people you've voted in - or vote other people in you do, or do it yourself on all our behalf to ensure it's right.
Old 28-10-2014
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Jim did a great job of explaining things at the AGM, and as the point has been made many times - When the 'BRCA' proposes something; then that's simply a member of the BRCA who puts it forward, any of you sat behind your keyboard could propose pretty much anything, that is what happened here, if you don't like it, write a paragraph email to the BRCA for the next AGM and come down in force and vote on it, there were 18 voting members in the room with about 13? current racers, how many racers in this section...!? It is run by us for us and is a very simple democracy.
Old 28-10-2014

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
I have posted it in here at least twice in this thread, bear in mind mbmodels now do their own balls out Lipo, and all been submitted, now if they can and hk can not, that says it all to me.

Last edited by mark christopher; 28-10-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 28-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Jim did a great job of explaining things at the AGM, and as the point has been made many times - When the 'BRCA' proposes something; then that's simply a member of the BRCA who puts it forward, any of you sat behind your keyboard could propose pretty much anything, that is what happened here, if you don't like it, write a paragraph email to the BRCA for the next AGM and come down in force and vote on it, there were 18 voting members in the room with about 13? current racers, how many racers in this section...!? It is run by us for us and is a very simple democracy.

Well said James
Old 28-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
I'm having a laugh here really but all we are talking about is if the manufacturer/ importer submits the pack for testing !

Can we are racers / purchasers and ultimately the supporters of this sport submit the Lipo pack for testing as it us that have to spend our hard earned cash on these over priced submitted packs?
In theory you could submit a pack for approval as long as you can provide all the relevant documentation required, such as the UN safety test certificate and details of the importers liability insurance. The procedure for homologation is found on the BRCA website.

Hobbyking will always fail homologation as being only available from one warehouse isn't classed as widely available in the UK.