Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 04-05-2011

Default Spring Championship News

It seems like it's been ages since we last raced - thanks to the Bank Holidays and a Royal Wedding it's been 3 weeks, but at last we are back and this Friday sees the 1st round of the clubs Spring Indoor Championships begin.

As it's been so long, we are opening the doors at 6.30pm this week to give you all a chance to get some extra practice in before the racing starts at approx 8pm.

Track 7 will be used for the first round. As for the other rounds we want to know your top 3 tracks so that Paul can pick the most popular ones so we can let you know in advance which tracks we will be racing so you can gear up your cars to suit the tracks chosen.

Come on guys, tell us what you like or we'll choose a track ourselves
Old 04-05-2011

My favourites are: 4, 13, 17
Old 05-05-2011

I have no particular preference of tracks but if you are going to do any boring ones, then make it no he 20th May as I won't be there
Old 07-05-2011

A great track last night, so what's going to be the track for next week. Might I suggest track 3 - a nice challenge for both the TCs and the Mardave Class

Good to dust off the cobwebs too - although the Xray was sounding worse for wear, I made up for it in my first outing with the new Mardave... Watch our Paul and Craig - I'm close behind you.

Results will be up by end of the weekend for you all.

Back to normal time next Friday - 7.00pm to 10.30pm
Old 08-05-2011

Race results now live on our site:

http://www.bedsrcmcc.co.uk/championship-r1-060511.php

Championship Points Tables:

http://www.bedsrcmcc.co.uk/championship-spring2011.php

...and remember to pre-book for next week - Round 2

Just a reminder, unlike major national and regional events that require you to pre-book, if you do pre-book but then can't make it you will NOT be charged. I request you to pre-book simply because it makes my life easier on the night and makes booking in on the night quicker

Thanks for your cooperation
Old 12-05-2011

Track for Round 2...

As we are racing on Friday 13 this week Paul, I think we should run with Track 13

What do you think?
Old 13-05-2011

I can't deny the logic! Sound, track 13 it is.
Old 13-05-2011

Good tight track tonight, would certainly have suited me more if I had the Mardave sorted with the setup, but still just about squeezed into the A Final, loving it.

However, 2 rounds down and you've now got 4 points between you and Craig - you're unstoppable

So what track for Round 3 in 2 weeks then

Well as we raced Track 13 on Friday 13 this week, next meeting with be the 27, but we do not go up to 27, so how about 2 + 7 = 9

There you go, my crazy logic says it should be Track 9, unless anyone has any other ideas
Old 14-05-2011

I thought the track was quite flowing (except for when I was bashing my TC off the barriers!) and a good choice.

Think that's 2 points off Craig but I'm sure that will quickly change. It's all about not having incidents, Craig got tangled up at the start of the final and from there on its an uphill battle if the guy ahead doesn't falter. that's what happened last week, Craig got the lead and then kept it because he didn't make an error and I couldn't catch him. Last night I was coming round to lap Steve and followed 1 - 2 secs back because we were the same speed, for about 6 laps or so until.... he clipped a corner or got tangled with a back marker (can't remember) and I slipped past him. There's a few guys now who are similar pace and with consistency will be taking the win.

Mr Maz is unstoppable with his TC, he really needs to get himself a mardave

Paul
Old 16-05-2011

9 sounds good to me, I would suggest that we change the final corner just a little bit to avoid any miscounting on the timing system. We should have space to do it as we can move a bit more towards the bottom right corner.

I'm not so much unstoppable Paul (although I appreciate the compliment) but it seems that I've found a certain consistency thats helping score the points at the moment. Regarding gettting a mardave, it may happen but I probably won't be racing it so much at the beds club... we'll see how things go.

Incidentally, what tyres are the popular one for mardave racing at Bromham?
Old 16-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashiriya View Post

Incidentally, what tyres are the popular one for mardave racing at Bromham?
I run 54 shore (pink soft) on the rear and vary it on the front but generally something like 37 to 44 shore. My philosophy is to get the rear planted and then tune the front to get the right balance. Tyre additive on the rear only.

Not sure what other peeps are running, I know Craig likes the rear to 'float' a bit more through the corners so he may run a slightly harder rear or use less additive. Thing is, the rubber compounds always seem to feel different between what should theoretically be the same tyre anyway (no gurantee of grade) so sometimes better to buy a few sets and see what works best.

Paul
Old 26-05-2011

Hi,
I know I am relatively new, but rather fancy the look of track 22.
JB
Old 28-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunt69 View Post
Hi,
rather fancy the look of track 22.
Track 22 it is then for next week (round 4)

Thought the revised version of track 9 last night was quite flowing and an improvement, any comments?
Old 28-05-2011

Paul, hadn't realised it was revised

A great track all the same, and some good racing last night guys.

I just want to say a huge thank you to all the members last night who made a very special visitor feel welcome. For those who might not have realised, Robin Schumacher (MD of Schumacher Racing, and son of RC legend Cecil Schumacher) popped by unannounced last night to see the action and to chat to members.

Throughout the evening he was very busy chatting to lots of you and I think it is fair to say that the club came across very well. So thank you to everyone who took the time to chat with him.
Old 31-05-2011

I spent all night talking to him and then it was only at the end of the night when I asked his name that I realised who I'd been talking to all night.

Very nice guy though and can see why he is regarded as a great ambassador to the sport.

Back to our championship, Track 22 is fine for me. I'm up for anything as you know.
Old 02-06-2011

Scott,

You got me and Andrews points the wrong way aorund in the championship for round 3. I got FTQ and 2nd (99+1)=100 and Andrew won the final =101
Old 03-06-2011

Great nights racing! Track 22 was certainly a challenge but rewarding!
As to the next meeting can I register my vote for track 15? Looks like it should be a bit faster but equally challenging.
Old 04-06-2011

Track 22 is a challenge and can be rewarding when you get it right but I think it is far too punishing if you get it wrong and not a particularly nice track for the touring cars and it wasn't pretty to watch the cars bouncing off some of the corners, there were a few uncessesary damages last night, think we should either revamp or delete track 22.

Sound, we can run track 15 for round six. For the next round (round 5) I have a new track, it is a faster track and more suited to the TC's, I think it is about time we gave the TC's a fast and flowing track!

Hint, it is a variation of Track 17, it will be a quick lap so you might want to gear up a teeth or two .

BTW, well done to Tim and Dom last night in the mardaves and well done to Matt for making the TC A Final.

Paul
Old 05-06-2011

Sounds interesting...

Looking forward to getting some quick laps in, though I think I will be going back to Sorex 28's for the tyres as 32's just don't work no matter how much heat I pump into them before the race

15 looks good too

For the Final round, how about dusting off No.1 or as it's Round 7 we use No.7
Old 18-06-2011

Thanks for some great racing last night chaps, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and look forward to the next meeting.