Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
only if 'my man' can run in front with a red flag!
lol

I must say, this thread is really starting to sound like a National now lol

I've just opened the Butterkist popcorn

Old 11-04-2011

Could always go back to our roots and run 'remote' controlled trucks. Im making sure mine has a 40m wire attached
Old 11-04-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post
Everyone using reverse should have a " this vehicle is reversing" speaker fitted for health and safety purposes. Mr Christophers should be read out in all available EU languages to be fair in the rules

Mark seriously... when have you ever seen reverse used in 1/10th onroad or offroad meetings?

it may not be a written rule as you have discovered but its been assumed for years that you don't have reverse in r/c racing... why is it now an issue?

At club level, when a kid turns up for their first meeting... the first time they get stuck in a hose and back up they get mullered by a faster car, and there are damages to either cars... seen it far too many times... plus the frustration when a marshal leaps in front of traffic to rescue a car to have it reverse and throw them into confusion whilst they are dodging traffic and getting in the line of sight for other drivers.

Have a vote on rule at first round briefing and result is decided by those that have shown up, paid and are keen for supporting series enough to turn up to race.
worksop indoors

last year at the short course shoot out at coventry by myself and many others

now your saying its not a written rule when you and others have said it is come on make your mind up! i have never assumed!

why make the rule in the first place when the BRCA and EFRA dont? it worked ok at the coventry meeting last year
Old 11-04-2011

Hi All,
Just to let you all know I am currently speaking to the manufacturers for an answer with regards to the reversing issue.
This will be resolved as soon as possible.
The aim of this series was to introduce it properly to the uk and allow the many drivers who have asked for it to run their trucks at a series and against others! It is a FUN series however it will not be turned into a bash 'em smash 'em series, we have tried to keep the rules to a minimum to reflect this, but do not want a return to the issues of people driving the wrong way down the track.
Those of us who are organising the series may not have had as much experience as some at organising national events, this series has got this far in less than a year and is thanks to some very determined people who have put a lot of time and effort into this.
It is a new class, so please bear with us and we dont bite so please constructive comments are much appreciated, but argueing on the thread will just end up turning people away. If you have major concerns PM one of us and we will try to resolve it before it becomes such a big issue and maybe then it may not turn people away.
Frustration vented, now for a brew!!
Old 11-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to 1rcdad

Mark is right,at last years Dirt masters,rrci shootout and the shortcourse carnage meeting many cars were using reverse,and i didnt hear anyone complaining.
vbc wgt 10,skyrc toro 1s, 10.5
Losi 22 2.0sct,highest servo,speed passion 6.5
yokomo yz2,highest servo,skyrc 7.5
Old 11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz5311 View Post
Hi All,
Just to let you all know I am currently speaking to the manufacturers for an answer with regards to the reversing issue.
This will be resolved as soon as possible.
The aim of this series was to introduce it properly to the uk and allow the many drivers who have asked for it to run their trucks at a series and against others! It is a FUN series however it will not be turned into a bash 'em smash 'em series, we have tried to keep the rules to a minimum to reflect this, but do not want a return to the issues of people driving the wrong way down the track.
Those of us who are organising the series may not have had as much experience as some at organising national events, this series has got this far in less than a year and is thanks to some very determined people who have put a lot of time and effort into this.
It is a new class, so please bear with us and we dont bite so please constructive comments are much appreciated, but argueing on the thread will just end up turning people away. If you have major concerns PM one of us and we will try to resolve it before it becomes such a big issue and maybe then it may not turn people away.
Frustration vented, now for a brew!!
not being funny but i dont need reverse to drive the wrong way round the track, it was not a crash and bash meeting at coventry last year?

i use it sensibly to get my truck of a hose, not to do a lap!!
if somone rolls or spins thier car and is facing the wrong way, are they then expected to wait for a marshal to turn them round, no they are allowed to do a u turn which means they have had to move the wrong way round the track until thier facing the wrong way. and most dont wait for a clear track....
Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

I've never said its a written rule, find a quote that actually states that fact?

what do you want from this bickering?

is it a case of trying to p*ss of as many people as possible?

Are you trying to cause problems for the SCT class before the first National series starts?

The class is not governed by BRCA, EFRA, FIFA or any other organisation.

The series organisers have said reverse must be disabled... its got nothing to do with any other organisation so your arguing is invalid

for a start it puts everyone in the same situation and its only you with the problem.

If you seriously cannot race without going backwards, then maybe you should go play reversing at a national touring car meeting and see what happens!
Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rcdad View Post
Mark is right,at last years Dirt masters,rrci shootout and the shortcourse carnage meeting many cars were using reverse,and i didnt hear anyone complaining.
i organised Shortcourse Carnage, didn't see one truck reverse all day, if it was noticed then it would have been something to discuss when putting rules together.

This topic has only been noticed by a parent worried that their kid will be banned for having reverse if its not allowed.
Old 11-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to 1rcdad

I should have said something at the time,but it never caused a problem,hence most people did not notice,(and i was mashalling at all 3 meetings)
vbc wgt 10,skyrc toro 1s, 10.5
Losi 22 2.0sct,highest servo,speed passion 6.5
yokomo yz2,highest servo,skyrc 7.5
Old 11-04-2011

Mark,
I'm really not getting into an arguement about this, my reference to going the wrong way round the track was NOT anything to do with the 'reverse' issue, but was a comment in regards to it being turned into a bash 'em crash 'em series.
Please lets give this series a go, if you don't like the rules or the running of the series after the first round then fine, nothing gained nothing lost.
But please dont use a public forum to slate a series that is new and we as organisers will listen to comments take them on board and see if changes need to be made.
Old 11-04-2011

Quote:
I've never said its a written rule, find a quote that actually states that fact?

what do you want from this bickering?

is it a case of trying to p*ss of as many people as possible?

Are you trying to cause problems for the SCT class before the first National series starts?

The class is not governed by BRCA, EFRA, FIFA or any other organisation.

The series organisers have said reverse must be disabled... its got nothing to do with any other organisation so your arguing is invalid

for a start it puts everyone in the same situation and its only you with the problem.

If you seriously cannot race without going backwards, then maybe you should go play reversing at a national touring car meeting and see what happens!
no twisty has a problem too!!!

no i just dont see the need to ban reverse when others dont!

you were the first one to start quoting brca

Quote:
i'm pretty sure that most RTR SCT's have option of forward/brake as a seperate function to forward/reverse on the speedo, none of our racers run reverse and there are a fair few out of the box RTR's

I strongly agree with the organisers and Graveltrap's last comment...

In R/C racing reverse is not allowed, simple!... only class i know of is Mardaves and after seeing some of their national racing recently, all that ever happens is cars reverse out of barriers very slowly into path of oncoming cars... crash!

this not acceptable and will only cause arguments when a truck going along with flow of circuit direction gets broken because of a car reversing in front of them.

I agree that marshals will make a split second decision and head for a car that looks to be stuck facing markings etc.. not good if suddenly the stranded car backs up and leaves a marshal heading across track for no reason.

If its a major issue and enough drivers feel they need reverse... run a Novice class for cars running reverse and they can drive which way they want without upsetting the racers used to forward only.
well it IS allowed!

Quote:
We are not running to BRCA 1/10th off-road rules... they are for buggies and stadium trucks... there are no rules governed for SCT's.

The majority will not be running reverse, it won't be fair to have a vote on it during the first round briefing as reverse fans will easily be out voted.

I've never seen it be an issue before!

The BRCA rules also state it is an offence to drive the wrong way on a track... whch reversing is technically breaking that rule.

Reverse could also be seen as an unfair advantage to those having to wait for marshals

Seperate classes... it makes it easier on marshalling and fairer to other drivers.
the red bits, well you make your mind up if you want to qoute em or not!
Old 11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz5311 View Post
Mark,
I'm really not getting into an arguement about this, my reference to going the wrong way round the track was NOT anything to do with the 'reverse' issue, but was a comment in regards to it being turned into a bash 'em crash 'em series.
Please lets give this series a go, if you don't like the rules or the running of the series after the first round then fine, nothing gained nothing lost.
But please dont use a public forum to slate a series that is new and we as organisers will listen to comments take them on board and see if changes need to be made.
im not slating the serries im questioning a rule and yes it is a public forum so debates will happen!

what i dont appreciate (and this is not you) folk telling me that reverse is NOT allowed in electric racing when section officials have told me it is!
Old 11-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Right, at the end of the day, if the organisers decide that they don't want reverse used, is it going to stop people from entering?

Well it won't stop me from entering and my SC HAS reverse on. But if I put it into a track marker and get stuck nose forward, then I'll wait for a marshal to get it, because I know how much it p***es me off when I risk my ankle to get to a car only for it to reverse away.

And, I HAVE witnesses reversing in RC before....and have been the victim of it both times as the cars reversed into me, ruining my run. This is what people are wanting to avoid.

I'm sure if I reversed into one of the people who are all for reverse then they would be the first to moan at me for ruining their run?
Old 11-04-2011

Hi
Im a novice who has spent alot of money and time preparing my truck and have used my 1 in 4 sundays to enable my attendance.

I thought it was supposed to be fun, I have far too much stress at work to worry that im in a series where it is almost life and death over something so small (in my eyes).

Someone please confirm I wont be walking into a tense days racing where arguments will ensue from a truck going backwards

p.s I will be the SCRT10 stuck in the side wishing my new super duper sidewinder kit had sodding reverse
Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

doesn't mention "written rules" though does it?

you can ask as many officials as you like, its common knowledge that they don't want or like SCT's or they would have embraced the class and got BRCA rules together 2 years ago when the class appeared, rather than burying their heads and ignoring it.

I like the fact you have opened a huge can of BRCA worms though, although i won't be testing the reverse policy at official meetings until i can qualify in the National A finals... or im sat with you directly behind me on the grid in a final

I see your point, being able to reverse out of hoses is a bonus as long as you don't get in anyones way or cause them to change course whilst doing it or confuse marshals... but in that sense its a driver aid and should therefore be seen as an unfair advantage so although i see the point, i'm not agreeing with it as validation to make it a big deal.

You don't seem to be reading or commenting on other valid points discussed in this debate?
Old 11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
Right, at the end of the day, if the organisers decide that they don't want reverse used, is it going to stop people from entering?

Well it won't stop me from entering and my SC HAS reverse on. But if I put it into a track marker and get stuck nose forward, then I'll wait for a marshal to get it, because I know how much it p***es me off when I risk my ankle to get to a car only for it to reverse away.

And, I HAVE witnesses reversing in RC before....and have been the victim of it both times as the cars reversed into me, ruining my run. This is what people are wanting to avoid.

I'm sure if I reversed into one of the people who are all for reverse then they would be the first to moan at me for ruining their run?
lol then dont risk your ankle, let em use reverse , and re read post 65 i think you have miss read it
Old 11-04-2011

Why can't people accept it's a one off rule for Short Course? Forget about the rest of the series etc...

This could go on with every series out there. As I represent RRCI in this series as a contributor, as do you Mark and a few other on this thread, I will be happy no matter what rules are enforced, whether they are the same as 1/10th, 1/8th, on or off road.

The idea is to get the series up and running first and have fun doing it. For god's sake it's the first National of it's kind in the UK, can't we just enjoy ourselves and if it gets stupidly popular next year, then we would be in a position to compromise and layout some fixed rules.

Old 11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
lol then dont risk your ankle, let em use reverse , and re read post 65 i think you have miss read it
But you don't always no if they have reverse if they are stationary for a few seconds! A good marshal would be halfway to the car before this time.

Can you look at a car and say straight away "oh it's ok, it has reverse" without it actually moving first?

Old 11-04-2011

Can you show me a rule where it says you cant cut corners and drive the wrong way round the track ???

But i have a sneaky feeling (dont quote me on this though) that its not allowed either.
Old 11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson View Post
Why can't people accept it's a one off rule for Short Course? Forget about the rest of the series etc...

This could go on with every series out there. As I represent RRCI in this series as a contributor, as do you Mark and a few other on this thread, I will be happy no matter what rules are enforced, whether they are the same as 1/10th, 1/8th, on or off road.

The idea is to get the series up and running first and have fun doing it. For god's sake it's the first National of it's kind in the UK, can't we just enjoy ourselves and if it gets stupidly popular next year, then we would be in a position to compromise and layout some fixed rules.
well as a long term contributor i supported the first rrci meeting at coventry where reverse was allowed, there were no problems then, i have experienced a big outdoor sc meeting and dont see why the rule is needed. i can apreciate in buggies cars can be damaged by hitting others sc are enclosed wheels with bumpers and side bars, if you and tel think your going to get a clean run without somone nudging you into a hose or putting you into a spin think again!