Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > Gaming Chat

Old 04-01-2013

Default VRC - A simple game or a good training tool?

Here's my opinion!

http://martinsorlie.blogspot.no/2013...fantastic.html

Spektrum DX4R Pro - TLR 22 2.0 & TLR 22-4 - Absima

Team Smallsize
Old 04-01-2013
Mad Member

Good review, most appreciated.
Old 04-01-2013
Mad Member

Did you buy it then Chris
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 04-01-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Interesting, I agree in as much as that you can sit there sharpening your reflexes and any track time IS track time..... but it isn't cheap, not when you compare it to other racing games, with the VRC adaptor, I use it to play numerous race simulators as found trying to get a decent frame rate frustrating to say the least, and to really make the most of it, you have to spend a fair penny to get a set of cars and tracks.
Old 05-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Interesting, I agree in as much as that you can sit there sharpening your reflexes and any track time IS track time..... but it isn't cheap, not when you compare it to other racing games, with the VRC adaptor, I use it to play numerous race simulators as found trying to get a decent frame rate frustrating to say the least, and to really make the most of it, you have to spend a fair penny to get a set of cars and tracks.
What other racing games that offer good practice can you introduce us to then?

I have an old cheap shitbox computer and a 19" screen, but I still managed 2nd at the worlds, so I don't think decent frame rate was that hard to achieve...

In terms of costs, that is up to each user, but for me, it cost a bit to get started, but I only bother with racing short course. And also, I race a lot and improve, so I win some Veuros here and there, and you also get that for various achievements, so I can't really say it's been very expensive for me.

It all depends on what you compare it to... I live in Norway, so everything is expensive, and VRC pretty cheap:-P

Team Smallsize
Old 06-01-2013
Mad Member

Must admit, I tried VRC when short course was added, but didn't think much to it at all..

Didn't get any sense of realism, haven't used it since..
Old 06-01-2013

Most of the simbin games are realistic and run very well. VRC is ok, but for me, the pricing structure is expensive.
Old 06-01-2013

The game is fun, price is ok unless you compare it with other game.
I have to tell that I never drove SC and I don t want to, so I can t compare it with real SC. But for sure it doesnt help much with 2wd.
Touring for example is fun and is ok but it is different so you cant compare it with real track time.
I think 100 € are better spent on the track than in VRC if you want to get faster but if you want to have fun with your own transmitter at home its better than 32 scale.
If you are fast in real RC you are pretty sure fast in VRC but being fast in VRC tells nothing about real RC skills.
Old 06-01-2013

You can use the vrc adapter to play other games on the pc to.
Old 07-01-2013
Mad Member

Pricing is a bit harsh I agree, but if your not in a rush to mod your cars then you can earn the veuro no problem.

I'm liking it. After 3 months off RC racing (with only 3 months experience before it)

I came back last week and felt reasonably comfortable with my b44. Im certain playing vrc occasionally has helped keep my eye in.

Im going to put in a few hours before next meeting and see if im any more in control next time.
Old 07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by x313 View Post
Must admit, I tried VRC when short course was added, but didn't think much to it at all..

Didn't get any sense of realism, haven't used it since..
As I said, it does take some getting used to.

Team Smallsize
Old 07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Most of the simbin games are realistic and run very well. VRC is ok, but for me, the pricing structure is expensive.
Comparing to non-rc games doesn't really count for anything at all in this thread. If you want to go simracing, it's Iracing and a Fanatec or G27 wheel in a serious custom seat for me. And that definitely wasn't cheap!

This thread is about online RC.

Team Smallsize
Old 07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
The game is fun, price is ok unless you compare it with other game.
I have to tell that I never drove SC and I don t want to, so I can t compare it with real SC. But for sure it doesnt help much with 2wd.
Touring for example is fun and is ok but it is different so you cant compare it with real track time.
I think 100 € are better spent on the track than in VRC if you want to get faster but if you want to have fun with your own transmitter at home its better than 32 scale.
If you are fast in real RC you are pretty sure fast in VRC but being fast in VRC tells nothing about real RC skills.
For me, it helps everything. Of course I'd rather be on a track, but as stated, I have no track nearby, and then this helps lots. Even in 2wd. I'm decent in "real" RC, got 52 at the worlds, won the national champs, 13th both classes at oOple race. Not brilliant, but decent.

And now I've kept my skills up and running over the winter, because of VRC. Of course it would be better to be on the track practicing, but when you can't this is as good as it gets.

And in terms of costs, it is what you make it. You can be a lite member, get the tracks when they're on offer(During the worlds month december, all the WC tracks was for free), and for Shourt course the only option that could help a tenth or two would be the faster motor that costs 2 euros.

So if you love offroad, and don't have a track, but do have some patience and a decent computer, get VRC. :-P

Team Smallsize
Old 07-01-2013

Hey Razer, are your VRC setups available somewhere? I like VRC but I struggle to get a "feel" of some setup changes.

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayo View Post
Hey Razer, are your VRC setups available somewhere? I like VRC but I struggle to get a "feel" of some setup changes.
If you look at the tips page on Mikes HS 1, my worlds setup is there for stock electrics. Add an RX8 speedo, an LRP 5900 battery, a 4600 kv tekin motor, and an Associated Defender body, and you have my exact setup. Feelingwise, I'd say the motor and body is the only thing you really notice;-)

Team Smallsize
Old 07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer View Post
Feelingwise, I'd say the motor and body is the only thing you really notice;-)
Haha yeah, I went for the AE body and I felt quite a difference, truck felt more sure-footed.
The annoying thing is that I later read, from the game designers, that the AE body has the same characteristics that the stock one, the only difference being aestetic I can't believe that is only placebo effect so I keep using it

Many thanks for your tips, I will try your setup soon.

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayo View Post
Haha yeah, I went for the AE body and I felt quite a difference, truck felt more sure-footed.
The annoying thing is that I later read, from the game designers, that the AE body has the same characteristics that the stock one, the only difference being aestetic I can't believe that is only placebo effect so I keep using it

Many thanks for your tips, I will try your setup soon.
This game is a perfect way to fooook with your head, but even though they say it's no difference, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few different parameters they won't tell us about;-)

Team Smallsize
Old 07-01-2013

I always felt a difference in tires but there is no

Martin, do you run much expo in vrc ?
I know you are super fast in real live but for me I cant see real improvements. Its fun but I can t see it makes me faster. Seems like some can improve with it and some not. Talked to one pro driver and VRC driver a few weeks back and he told me for onroad its too much different to be helpful.
I just hope for a proper offroad class, I really dont like those sc trucks. 12 scale is fun in vrc I think :P

One thing I dont like about VRC is that the USB connector makes a big difference. Maybe not better or worse but a direct connection feels better than using only the receiver. Direct connection with some USB connectors are much better than the vrc usb connector.
Old 08-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I always felt a difference in tires but there is no

Martin, do you run much expo in vrc ?
I know you are super fast in real live but for me I cant see real improvements. Its fun but I can t see it makes me faster. Seems like some can improve with it and some not. Talked to one pro driver and VRC driver a few weeks back and he told me for onroad its too much different to be helpful.
I just hope for a proper offroad class, I really dont like those sc trucks. 12 scale is fun in vrc I think :P

One thing I dont like about VRC is that the USB connector makes a big difference. Maybe not better or worse but a direct connection feels better than using only the receiver. Direct connection with some USB connectors are much better than the vrc usb connector.
No, I don't use any expo actually. I used to run some expo in touring, but I never do in offroad.

About improving, I think it helps my reflexes and such. Other than that, I might have just reached my potential, so that there's no more to gain:-P
And also for me, as I have very limited practice opportunities, it keeps my hands warm and soft, as I tend to be very stiff and shaky if I haven't driven for a while.

Team Smallsize
Old 10-01-2013
Mad Member

its definitely making me quicker in VRC. Just pulled 19th out of 206 on the round 1 rhein main (Very good for me!)

Im sure it will help me as last time out in real life I was shaky too. I feel like I'm brimming with confidence after putting 500km in this week.

I just got a refund on tyres I bought btw. The parameters are the same on all tyres. Bit misleading that was....