Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > Gaming Chat

Old 30-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomj316 View Post
Qualified third and finished first in my opening race at Bahrain in career mode. It's very addictive already.

Who's online later on for some racing?
You need to make it harder lol. I'll be online but not until about 10:30pm
Old 30-09-2010

Got my copy tonight! £35 in Tesco. Might have a bit play later but got an assignment to finish for tomorrow, so unlikely till friday night
Old 30-09-2010
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Picked my copy up today, traded in 2 games and got f1 2010 for £20!
Started my season with a mild TC and racing line on, everything else off.
Started with a blinder at bahrain and then had a nightmare at melbourne after not being able to pull a lap together and finished last after spinning it out and habit a wing removed!

Game is stunning though! Graphics are amazing, car handles awesome and the responce to set up changes is quite gripping.
My major grieve at the moment is during quali the ai won't move over when your on a hot lap and they have just come out the pits, happens frequently too!
Other than that, not had any issues, beside a lack k talent on some occasions!

Xbox tag: Paul870
Old 30-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
I'm currently running in pro mode with the AI on 'legend'
For some reason it seems a bit more realistic.

I've gone from struggling to qualify 24th every race, to having a more realistic quali of between 18 and 22 depending on track, which is more true to life for the Virgin car.
Also the AI car don't seem to do as many odd manouvers and defend their position a bit more realistcly.

But this game gets soooo much better the more you play it. It's still bloody hard with the TC turned off, and I need to get a steering wheel and pedals soon.
I've pretty much followed you, in that I've dropped it back to pro, but with the AI in legend. Before I was struggling to get off the back row, and not finish last in the lotus... with that, managed to race through to 14th (wet weather lending a hand, and perfectly timed switch to inters )

Now in Sepang, managed to get into the Q2 session, although think I might now have to just accept that 15th is not gonna be acheivable on the grid! Damm that first race win... lol

Also, if your doing a long race weekend, turn the tyre modelling on... it really does work in that the first lap has the most grip, then it gets consistenly less... very noticeable going for that ultimate lap time in qualy, gotta get the first lap nailed!

A couple of corners are really tricky to get right on the pad, just need more precision... I can see myself plumping for the wheel on this one soon :s Shame I can't hook up my G25 to the 360

But still massively addicitve, sod trying to get anything down tonight!

Oh yeah, gamer tag Uncle Ted 105
Old 30-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Me and shaun were looking for wheels today.....

....everywhere had sold out! due to the F1 game!!

I think it was more popular than they thought it would be.
Old 01-10-2010
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Had good fun with nick and doughty tonight, sorry I left swiftly, had to pick my girlfriend up and forgot!!

First night playing it, it's so hard to put consistent laps down time after time! Definately need alot more practice.

I thought the fuel realism was abit naff too, uber understeer every corner
I shall get some laps down over the weekend and post in the hotlap section, maybe we should do a track a week and have photo evidence?
Old 01-10-2010

Send a message via MSN to lukehobson

Terry, i have a spare Xbox 360 wheel set knocking around that i dont use. due to demand, lets say £1million? lol

ive been really enjoying this game, once you turn the difficulty up to an accurate level its a nice little challenge.

the online can be sketchy, but if you can navigate the first corner crash fest then your usually fine (reminds me of some other racing lol)

add me on xbox, C1uck Norris

luke
Old 01-10-2010

Got the game last night, really impressed with it and is definately something that will get better as you get more practice in with the car/tracks.

Didn't appreciate getting a drive through penalty in the race becasue someone hit me though!

Another thing, and this may just be me being stupid, my engineer was saying my team mate was faster and that maybe i should copy his set-up... can this be done as i couldn't find out how to do it...
Old 01-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonky View Post
Got the game last night, really impressed with it and is definately something that will get better as you get more practice in with the car/tracks.

Didn't appreciate getting a drive through penalty in the race becasue someone hit me though!

Another thing, and this may just be me being stupid, my engineer was saying my team mate was faster and that maybe i should copy his set-up... can this be done as i couldn't find out how to do it...
You definitely can't copy their setup - think it's another glitch they're looking to fix!
Old 02-10-2010

something else they need to fix; when you're out on slicks and it rains, you lose no grip (infact grip seems to up) until you go back to the pits.

little bit of a silly bug i like the graphics of the weather, but no need for silly mistakes like that...
Old 05-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Myself and shaun went online for a few hours earlier.

Went on 'pole position'......
Valencia, we were just about hitting 1:45 consistently and could push to a 1:44/43...
The dude who got the fastest lap was 7-8sec faster than us!! Now, possible I know, BUT when we followed him round, he was all over the place and missed every apex, ran wide at most turns and was generally.....crap!, so how he managed to do that time I don't know. This happened the day before when we did a online grand prix, in quali the poleman got a 1:21!! yet come the race he couldn't keep up with any of us!??!
Theres obviously a glitch during qualifying at valencia, anyone else witnessed it?

Also, it started off wet, really wet. we cam in the pits to change to inters from full wets, the sky changed, we go out, only for the track to be BONE DRY!! Eh? WTF
What happened to the track drying realistically? thought it was very naff indeed. No stopping rain but still a wet track, no drying line....just from wet with puddles, to dry and sunny.

Other than that, we had quite a good night online. We chose to do the 'Endurance' races, the people were better drivers on that compared to sprint races. Once you get with a decent bunch you can race against them all night. very enjoyable.

Just waiting for more ooplers to go on now.

Nick, sorry for not joining your parties, you've been inviting me just as I'm finishing and coming off it.