Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

View Poll Results: What Meeting Times at JORCR on Sundays
Stay as we are 10.00am to 3.00pm 11 39.29%
Change to 6.15pm to 10.30pm ish 17 60.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2010

Default Sunday Racing Times Day or Night time?

Peter has been to the Youth Centre today for the management meeting, we can change the times as follows:

Sunday
Start at 6.15pm, racing has to be finished by 10.30 then you have 30 mins to tidy up and get out, due to licencing etc.

So the options are:

1. Stay as we are Sundays 10.00am to 3.00pm

2. Change to the new times Sundays 6.15pm to 10.30pm ish.

Please vote, so that the committee has clear indication of the preferences of the members.

I will be e-mailing members, so you may get a reminder to vote, but please only vote once

North East Amateur Motorsport
(formerly Jarrow & Oxclose RC Racing)
http://www.neamRC.co.uk

Racing Sundays 6pm-10pm @ Seaham Youth Centre, SR7 8QE

Old 02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalla View Post
Please vote, so that the committee has clear indication of the preferences of the members.
This should have probably said 'if you are a member and you race or will race regularly....'

10.30pm is the latest anyone can be in building, racing won't go on until 10pm etc on a regular basis as we have young people who race.

Pete can't run it every week on an evening so there will need to be some others willing especially over summer months to run things. Thanks ChrisP who's already offered to help if this change is made.

M
Old 03-02-2010
Mad Member

Sorry if i have voted out of turn....Im not a club member so shouldnt have voted.

Im going to try and pop over as much as possible if its changed to an evening and im also prepared to help out as much as possible. I will even wear a dodgy t-shirt for the weeks Big Pete is away!!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 04-02-2010
Mad Member

I'd like to think this poll extends to potential members aswell.
Old 05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
I'd like to think this poll extends to potential members aswell.
Yes if they are going to race, no if they are not.

A previous poll people who had no intention of racing voted.

We also need to speak to those who go on a Sunday as it is, who don't use oople, to see what their opinions are. Clicking on a poll doesn't pay the rent.

M
Old 05-02-2010
Mad Member

Surely a potential new member is going to race otherwise they wouldnt be a new member?? Im sure these comments are aimed at me but whatever. If i can make it i will come and if i cant then i wont. This racing shite gets right on my nerves at times.
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 05-02-2010

Not everything is about you

I think potential members votes are fine, if they are going to race. Ian's post only asks for votes from members so the committee knows the opinion of members......so I thought my comments extended this to people who were going to race (or potential members as some are calling them) aswell as existing members. If oople didn't exist non members would not have been emailed if it was kept to member votes only. Pressing to vote doesn't pay the rent, the club needs 10 people minimum just to pay the rent which it gets on a Sunday during the day. The last polls included votes from people who raced at york etc who didn't come to Jarrow at all. Yes we do sometimes have visitors but they had never been before. So them voting was completely irrelevant! That is who it was aimed at. Asking them not to vote without pointing fingers, now I have had to as people assume things are about them.....which I find quite odd.

If I wanted you to remove your vote or it wasn't welcome I would have told you I'm nice like that

M
Old 05-02-2010
Mad Member

Can you not get your own user id so i know who to ignore/listen to?
Sometimes people post stuff that might sound as though they are having a dig at people. Saying that you think its odd is a bit harsh aswell.
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
you think its odd is a bit harsh aswell.
Not harsh, just honest, like me

M

PS I do have my own ID ....I just can't remember which password/email address..... I've tried 4 so far, none of them work.....I will find it at some point or make a new one.
Old 05-02-2010
Mad Member

Please do then. Im sure people were banned for using usernames that didnt belong to them....Paranoid. Who said that about me?
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 05-02-2010
Mad Member

M. You werent quick enough with the edit!!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 05-02-2010

Quote:
M. You werent quick enough with the edit!!
Nope, it came off with the second edit.....originally it said some call it paranoid.....unsure where that went.

As for user names, this will confuse you even more. I created this username using my email address many moons ago, there is one without the _ in too somewhere. The one with no _ is Pete's, it's the one he can use to moderate the North East bit with so I don't touch it, don't even know the password. So there is a turbobrick and a turbo_brick.......just to confuse things further, I suppose some wouldn't have looked at the moderator list on the North East bit so wouldn't have noticed. I wouldn't want to use it, then if anything gets broken it's not my fault No rules for posting by 2, just user assumes responsibility I always put my initial under it if it is me. Now most will be even more confused than they were before hahaha....

I'm just trying to select another user name for me as some find it confusing......any suggestions polite ones

M
Old 06-02-2010

Quote:
Please do then. Im sure people were banned for using usernames that didnt belong to them....Paranoid. Who said that about me?
See I've got my own forgot my password for it, so been using the other one.

Peter
Old 06-02-2010

Peter when will the decision to stay with or change the running times be made? Just sent Ian a pm regarding membership but going to hold off signing the little lad up until the times have been decided.
Old 06-02-2010

If the times are being changed the decision will more than likely be in the next week. We've already discussed the implications on the junior members with it being a school night and thought it may be possible to run 3 rounds and a final instead for them. (the price would be changed to reflect this.) If that is the case going off finishing times at Jarrow the juniors would be finished approx 8.45pm depending how many attend.

What would the latest time be you could attend with him until? Just so we can take this into consideration with the plans.

Peter
Old 06-02-2010

Yeah 9 to 9:30 ish should be fine for him, any later and we wouldn't be able to get him out of bed for school on monday morning
Old 06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobster View Post
Yeah 9 to 9:30 ish should be fine for him, any later and we wouldn't be able to get him out of bed for school on monday morning
At Jarrow it finished by 9.30pm including nights when there was 4 rounds so that should be fine whatever is decided.
Old 06-02-2010

I had this discussion the other day with someone about kids and the evenings thing. He said 'Its no good for the kids', however, the 4 times Ive been I have only ever seen 2 racing children on 2 of those visits, so its only got to be fair to go with the majority, of which I would guess want it on the evening so Sunday daytime can be spent with family etc.
That said, since I left the hobby years ago there doesnt seem to be half as many people racing, so we need youngsters for the future of the hobby. Its a catch 22, but Peter's suggestion of the early finish for youth is very fair and diplomatic!
Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

CS, as a moderator on this forum, is it my job to keep a check on these users not using their own name?
Only joking M.

On a side note, there must be a reason that the change of times is being considered..... seems we can gamble on more kids coming along during the day, or ensure the time is more friendly for the bigger kids! Ian, me , CS , CG etc.

I think Peters suggestion of early finish for young'ns is a great idea... if BBKRc can handle it.

About people not voting on Oople... well if you just ask people on the daytime meetings at Seaham, thats going to be biased aswell....

Does no one else enjoy a nice Sunday dinner???? or Sunday league footy? or NE regionals ...?
I cant think of anything a Sunday night clashes with???

Personally Im suprised how daytime racing gets any votes. There must be plenty people wanting to do 12th at Birtley.
Old 07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
CS,
Personally Im suprised how daytime racing gets any votes. There must be plenty people wanting to do 12th at Birtley.
It got plenty of votes last time ! you know when I posted a Poll on the same subject "What would the members prefer long term"

I got slated for the post then made to feel unwelcome at the club and subsequently left the club. Yet here's the club asking my question again but maybe it depends on "Who" asks the question as to if they get slated.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32233

Good luck with the night time racing

PS , If you want more members try and be a little nicer to the members you have (CP this isn't a dig at you)