Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 09-05-2010

Default mi4lp or xray t3

hi all I am looking at getting a new tc but I am torn between the xray t3 and the schumacher mi4lp. At the club i race at there is a mix of shumachers and Xrays so set ups and spares would be sorted no matter what one i go for. All opinions welcome
regards tom.
Old 09-05-2010
Mad Member

I've got the LP. I love mine. Always had Xrays in past but fancied giving the Schuey a go. Its been awesome so far and tough as nails. I'd recommend it to anyone. Parts are cheap too, should you need any. Goes well straight from the box.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 09-05-2010
Mad Member

ive got 2 mi4lp's , one for tarmac and the other for indoors , and as said above tough as nails , and can go like stink ... im chuffed to bits with both of mine ....
Old 09-05-2010

Ive got 2 Mi4Lp and there brill straight out of the box. Spares if they are required you can get direct from schumacher and they are on your doorstep the next day. Fantastic service
Old 09-05-2010

thanx for the responces. will probably get a schuey but are there any xray drivers who think i should get an xray and why.
Old 09-05-2010

Send a message via MSN to Matt_N

I have an Mi4 (non-LP) and it's awesome. Has TIR screws, rear driveshafts and layshaft and is awesome. Bought it set-up for outdoors, but run indoors and it's awesome. Handles really nicely, yet hasn't been on a set-up station since I bought it in december. Very tough car aswell, I'm running the carbon wishbones, and haven't broken a wishbone, c-hub or steering block yet

Matt
Old 10-05-2010

Send a message via MSN to Kirby

I used to run an Xray T2009 ( before T3 was released ) and I loved it, then I went to an Mi4 ( non LP ) with TiR driveshafts, TiR screws, TiR layshaft and Schumacher Ti turnbuckles and I loved it even more than the T2009, I then switched to an Mi4LP and instantly from the first run, I was blown away! It handles brilliantly and was giving me wonderful rotation into each corner. The T3 seems like a very good car and has Xray's famours, excellent part quality but the Mi4LP is slightly cheaper and you will find that parts are cheaper for the Mi4LP should you have to replace anything. I have found no parts that break often, just stock up on front driveshaft blades if you will be using a spool in the front.

Sponsors - Schumacher, Gingapaint, Lite Modz
Old 10-05-2010

the thing that puts me off Xray is the availability of spares & parts now that Mirage aren't dealing with them.
It just seems a mare getting them these days as not many RC shops deal with the new distributors & a couple of the stockists are online only.. sometimes i prefer actually going to a shop & speaking to a human being when it comes to buying RC cars or spares & above all not having to do a 60 mile+ round trip for a £5 part!.
Old 10-05-2010

hi thanks for the reply's again. I'm going to get the schuey. Are there any differences between the MI4 and the MI4LP.
Old 10-05-2010
Mad Member

Seems I'm in the minority but I've got a T3, I've recently upgraded from the T2 008 and I'm very pleased with it.

I've not had any issues getting spares either so I'm surprised to see that mentioned, my local shop Concept Racing can the parts and Ardent Raceway holds quite a few spares also you can order direct from RC Disco yourself.

Personally I'm not a fan of Schumacher stuff (apart from the tyres) so I didn't even consider the Mi4. Plus a fair few of the xray spares are compatible with the spares I'd got from my T2, which is great as I didn't have to buy many spares but it does make you wonder how different the car is if the spares are the same.
Old 10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleaio View Post
I've not had any issues getting spares either so I'm surprised to see that mentioned, my local shop Concept Racing can the parts and Ardent Raceway holds quite a few spares also you can order direct from RC Disco yourself.
Ardent is the nearest "shop" to me.. i know it's just up the other end of the A50 from where i am, but it's still a tenner in juice to get there.

As i say, i prefer to deal with human beings when buying so if there is a choice of buying from a local stockist or having to buy online i'd prefer the former rather than the latter.. Yes some online shops are very good but you can't beat the personal touch.
Old 25-05-2010

Xray for me all the way... I find them extremely durable and spares, if needed, are easy to get... and the look of the chassis? well, WOW...!

I'm well pleased with the xrays I have and would recommend the brand to anyone...