Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > Events Organiser > 10th Off Road Events

Old 25-10-2011

Send a message via MSN to Nicolas Petit

I just would like to add some words about my decision and why the PETITRC RACE is moved to Ardent:

I’m the first very disappointed with that ! I lost ALSO my 4 nights hotel (no refund!).

I trust to Silverstone members and when Jon Spencer told me Moto-Arena is not sure, he told me all the time “don’t worry we have another venue” and I said OK at the end of September.
Jon told me he visited this new venue and explain me that is great, huge, etc. I said to him "OK we will do there!"
BUT the 1st mistake was they didn’t have the idea to ask the price of this venue and when I decided to go there, Jon told me £4000 for the venue 15 days ago. He told me he will negociate with the chairman and let me then without news during 10 days. I emailed and emailed… but no replies. And on last wednesday I catched him on FB and asked him one more time what's news, what's problems and he told me, the price is now £6000 !!!!!!! Well I trust to Silverstone with their “secured venue” since september and the result: NOTHING was secured! How I must pay £6000 now?????
From this moment, I told to Jon that I will look for another venue (Ardent or others venue) because I lost many time and a big event like the PETITRC take a lot of time to prepare. (I've a family, childrens, a job, 1 website and not often at home also). Jon told me they are looking for 1 another venue who seems huge but on Wednesday evening, nothing was also secured from his side and he wait for also some news and doesn't know when he will get these news (like other venue at £6000 that it takes 15 days).
He proposes me also to move dates to 7th and 8th of January for a venue that they found. But I refused and explained that some people have booked in planes and hotels and I wanted NOT that all of people lost all of that.

Then I told him you look for from your side and I look for my side.
Last Thursday Ardent replied me in first to accept to host the event like this year. And then I contacted Jon to inform of that.

I hope now that you can understand why I decided to move and find another “secured” venue myself. I trust to Jon and his club all the time but at 1 moment, you need to take a decision because nothing was. The event was/is in 2 months 1/2.

I lost also 4 hotel-nights non-refundable and like some of you, not very happy with that of course.

The PETITRC RACE at Ardent racing Raceway will be the last in England.

Thank you for all support some of you emailed,PM'ed ect.

Sorry for the inconveniences and thank you for your understanding.
I wishes you all the best to Everybody, I love your country and all people already met.

Have a good evening.
Best regards,
Nicolas Petit
Old 25-10-2011
Mad Member

Just like to say from me personally,

I am not going to point fingers etc.. as i believe the people that organise meetings for us RC racers, are heroes in our sport. SRCMCC do it for nothing, sometimes a loss, so i know first hand.

I think in some emails/messages between me and Nicolas there must have been some miss interpretation.
If anyone at any point wants facts etc i can show all emails and communication between myself, organisers, venues etc...

I am sure the Petit will be a success as normal where ever it is, and long may it continue.

John Spencer
Old 25-10-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Indeed I expect both will be well attended.
Old 25-10-2011

I myself hace opted out due tO Ardent being chosen, however i must point out poor Nicolas has been at the brunt end of this, when in fact it wasnt his fault to start with. Maybe if he was informed from the start he wouldnt have had to do what he did. Still its going to be a great event and Nicolas i will get a good picture at the next event if at a different venue.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 29-10-2011

It's all about COMMUNICATION! and it looks like there has been none by either party here

Pettit man should have given deadlines for a venue with a back up as reserve

Silverstone should have never trusted mickey mouse and donald duck at Moto Arena

Having said that I have never been to a bad meeting run by the Silverstone crew, they put on a great job every single time, no matter where it is. They are racers and think like racers and put on a metting for racers.

Lesson learnt I hope

Area 51 for me
Old 02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post
The controlled tyre for the Petit Race will be the new dBoots NanoByte tyre.
A tyre we have been working on specifically for the Euro indoor scene. The tyre has proved really good in testing. They've been run on numerous tracks on the Prima Felt GT carpet. Those who have seen them know how good they are.
What inserts work best in them? When will they be on sale?(rc disco) and will they be two compounds A and B?
Old 02-11-2011

Did petitrc change the dead line for canceling entrys. it did say december at one pint now 31st of october had a email saying no refund for you even tho i sent them a email on the 31st no wonder people are going elsewere
Old 02-11-2011

Funny thing is i sent an email and nothing sent another today same email and got a response saying about deadline?
Old 02-11-2011

Angry

He won't reply to my emails or refund me
Old 02-11-2011

The original email I got, no mention of a deadline...

Dear Friends,

Due to some problems, I would like to announce you today that the 6th edition of the PETITRC RACE ( ^^ name of the race) will be back to.... ARDENT RACEWAY at Kings Newton in Derbyshire. Dates are same: 14th & 15th of January 2012.

If some of registered drivers want be refund, it will be possible. Just send me an email asap.

Some places are available yet but not for a long time. Remeber you, this 5th edition was FULL and some of you stayed at home. Wake up to confirm!!
Roll on ARDENT RACEWAY! <image001.png>

Thank you for your interest and your fidelity to PETITRC.

Nicolas PETIT
Owner of PETITRC
http://www.petitrc.com - http://www.petitrc.fr
PETITRC RACE "Europe Tour": http://race.petitrc.com
Old 02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
He won't reply to my emails or refund me
Get in contact with one of the sponsors?

Mr Petit, man up and do the right thing. You've moved it, people can't afford to book another hotel / location change therefore issue a refund...
Old 02-11-2011

Send a message via MSN to ravens

Really I dont understand whats the point on all this.
Are you trying smashing petit race?is it because its on Ardent Raceway and you(british) dont like them?Or because main sponsor is Durango and not Schumacher?
Really I dont understand,the ones who should be very upset were European drivers and those aparently accepted the change without many issues arranged new hotels,will drive more on the wrong side of the road to get to new location...and so on.

Sorry for the post but thats enough.You dont want to attend a great event on your country for the 4th year,just dont go.
Old 02-11-2011
Mad Member

Im still going to Petit and looking forward to it as are many others..

Ive got a room booked for 2 nights at Silverstone Travelodge...this is of no use to me now... even if i changed my mind and did area 51 gp this would still be of no use to me as its 44mins 25 miles away from the new venue!

Considering we were told if Moto Arena wasnt available dont worry as the new venue is only 10 mins away still book accomodation etc so this wasnt true either?? Swings and roundabouts isnt it?

How much time should Nicolas give folk anyway?? People have obviously waited to see how popular Area51 and then made there decision to cancel??

As for the other thread about whos lost money... UNBELIEVABLE springs to mind!

Some people dont seem to realise how much is involved in stageing such a meeting.. most turn up, race, then go home!

Whether its Petit or Area51 or any club infact there is alot work done behind the scenes so i wish people would appreciate it instead of going on and on..
Old 02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
Ive got a room booked for 2 nights at Silverstone Travelodge...this is of no use to me now... even if i changed my mind and did area 51 gp this would still be of no use to me as its 44mins 25 miles away from the new venue!

Considering we were told if Moto Arena wasnt available dont worry as the new venue is only 10 mins away still book accomodation etc so this wasnt true either?? Swings and roundabouts isnt it?

How much time should Nicolas give folk anyway?? People have obviously waited to see how popular Area51 and then made there decision to cancel??

As for the other thread about whos lost money... UNBELIEVABLE springs to mind!
Nick

Same here on the room, useless regardless. Especially as we were told it would be in the Northants area so we took that word and booked.

How much time should he give ? Good question, I would say as the venue has moved outside of what is a reasonable travelling distance from the hotels booked on a non refundable basis then there should not be a close date.

The fact remains that we booked in good faith to attend an event in that area, some may be able to afford to disregard the hotel and additional travelling cost but I for one cannot.

The area51 event i believe has spawned by the fact that petit cannot for whatever reason hold the event as promised in the original area and therefore many such as yourself are stuck with hotels that are now 25 miles from a venue or 150 miles from a venue and have to make a choice.

It definitely is swings and roundabouts but again I will not just lose money for something that has changed by no fault of my own.

As for the other thread, agree bit early to start ranting about who has lost what and as I replied Im sure Nicolas has plenty of people queuing to get into his great events and will gladly sort us out, I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Not directed at you, just My two pence worth anyway, hoping Petit 2013 isn't too far away
Old 02-11-2011
SHRCCC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by panch View Post
Not directed at you, just My two pence worth anyway, hoping Petit 2013 isn't too far away
I thinks it's the last time in the UK for it for quite some time.....
Old 02-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan may View Post
Did petitrc change the dead line for canceling entrys. it did say december at one pint now 31st of october had a email saying no refund for you even tho i sent them a email on the 31st no wonder people are going elsewere
Yes they have, I have just had my refund refused saying that the deadline was the 31st of October..

Not only was this not mentioned in the original email, but the date shown on the petit website for refunds was the 17th of December.. (now changed)

I have already sent an email warning them how dodgy this is, but if I don't get my refund I will be discussing it in person with the organiser personally on the morning of the race.

For the record I have no agenda with Mr Petit, but this changing dates is just plain wrong...
Old 02-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
I thinks it's the last time in the UK for it for quite some time.....
We'll have to see about that one!
Old 02-11-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas Petit View Post
The PETITRC RACE at Ardent racing Raceway will be the last in England.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
We'll have to see about that one!
Will we?
Old 02-11-2011

well i will be contacting payapl tommorow and sort it out with them i dont here anything.
Old 03-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Im a bit confused by this thread now. The Petit race was going to be at MA, run by the Silverstone club, then the MA dropped out, The Silverstone club then said they would find another venue close by so people could stay at the hotel they already paid for. Then Silverstone club took ages tellin Nicolas if they had a venue, then when they did find a venue said it was 6k or something like that. Nicolas took the decision to move ot to Ardent so there was at least going to be a race. The Silverstone Club decided to have this Area 51 race on thee same day as the Petit race saying it wass only so people that already paid for hotels could still use them. Now people are slagging Nicolas off wanting a refund blaming him for the event moving??? Are you lot for real? Please tell me what Nicolas has done wrong.
Now a lot of people have booked in for this area51 race and booked hotels for a track thats never been raced on, a building thats never been used?
All this seems crazy to me.