Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 02-11-2011

Angry How many of you have lost money with the date change of petit

How many of you have lost money with the date change of refunds from petit ??? It wasnt common knowledge was it ??? I have emailed 6times since Friday an a response at 6.55 pm tonight saying I missed the cancelations date !!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2011

Yes i have emailed them once no reply,then again today as just to confirm and got that email
Old 02-11-2011

Emailed Nicholas but no reply as of yet

I'm sure he will be in touch and sort us all out, there were people queuing to get into his great event, so he won't lose out, it'll just be a bit of taking people out and adding in the new guys...

I'm sure he has a day job too so will probably be sorting this as we speak
Old 02-11-2011

I don't know whats been happening with these events...I didnt bother with the Petit because of all the uncertainty over venue etc and I wasnt going to book accommodation etc to be let down.

The EOS race I did book in for only to find the date changed-then scrapped seemingly?
OK I got my entry refunded no problem-but again-what if I had booked my rooms to stay over etc?

Also while I'm at it-I'm also booked to race at the MK-GP. This was originally a control tyre event. Plenty of ppl questioned the suitability of the tyre at the time of booking in opening.
Everyone accepted the control tyre and a full meeting was booked only for the organisers now to realise that the tyres were pants for the intended use afterall and have scrapped the tyre rule.

I know the entry fee included a full set of these tyres and really that isn't the issue. Anyone wanting to be prepared will have prob like me bought a set or two beforehand to get glued up etc. So now I have £28 worth of useless tyres.

I know its very hard to organise events and fully respect the ppl and time involved. But surely venues and dates should be confirmed 100% before entry forms etc are issued.

Rant over lol
Old 02-11-2011

Angry

I think it's clear what's happening. Hes worried his event is gonna FAIL miserably and can't afford to loose anymore money. This way with everyone paying by personel payment or gift people have given him the money, rather than paying for a service. This is surely stealing by moving the refund date from the end of December to the end of October, without informing all the people who hadn't had chance to think about going to the new venue.
Old 02-11-2011

Angry

I agree im starting to think I should just stick to club racing and leave these big events to the pros !!! Or leave this sport/hobbie and go back to a real sport where there is honest people and no back stabbing and no bull...t
Old 02-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
I think it's clear what's happening. Hes worried his event is gonna FAIL miserably and can't afford to loose anymore money
Im sorry but this is bang out of order... regardless of what you think Nicolas has staged many events in his own time and done a brilliant job, this is plain to see given the amount of people who have attended in the past.

Due to circumstances out of his control, in my mind he did the best thing possible, as he has always had in his mind the arrangements that all european drivers who attend should be at the top of his list given all the arrangements for travel and accomodation that these people have to sort/book usually well in advance.

If it wasnt for people like him, big meetings wouldnt happen!
Old 02-11-2011

Then why for any other reason would you move the refund date or in this case stop all refunds immediately. If he is so confident that his entries will still be so full, why stop people that genuinely what there money back due to hotels, distance or other commitments ????
Old 02-11-2011

I'm not interested in what he has done in the past it's what he's done now !!!! I really don't care about the money it's the lack of comunication and ignorance to reply to emails and then when you do get a reply it two words !!!!! You can carry on kissing his ar#e ! It's just bad to get everyone to pay by paypal gift so he can not refund if he doesnt want to or change date to suit him !!!!!! When he changed it o ardnt he should have changed refund details then ?????? So it's miss us of paypal as it is a business ??
Old 02-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
I'm not interested in what he has done in the past it's what he's done now !!!! I really don't care about the money it's the lack of comunication and ignorance to reply to emails and then when you do get a reply it two words !!!!! You can carry on kissing his ar#e ! It's just bad to get everyone to pay by paypal gift so he can not refund if he doesnt want to or change date to suit him !!!!!! When he changed it o ardnt he should have changed refund details then ?????? So it's miss us of paypal as it is a business ??
LOL!

Im kissing no ones butt.. im looking at the bigger picture.. which i think alot of people need to do... simples...

I know whats involved to stage a bigger meeting.. been there done that got the t-shirt..

What im interested to know is... people who have cancelled, have they genuinley cancelled because of the distance or because they have now decided to do Silverstone as its closer to them! and the entry is looking good?

Can i also ask what your local club is??? and do you travel far to race your toy cars??
Old 02-11-2011

What difference does how far I travel and where my local club is to bad communication and moving the goal posts buy changing refund dates to a supposed huge event ?? Sound to me like a lot of people have backed out an he is struggling to cover costs ??? I'm just a club racer below average ability at this hobby but thought I would try this event but as all my friends have pulled out of it I can no longer get there so I gave him nearly 2months notice an I can't even get a email in reply after 4 days doesn't deserve anyone to turn up if his communication is that bad !!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2011
SHRCCC Legend

Freddie

To let you know I have cancelled your MKGP entrance as requested.

Shame you won't be coming....

Neil
Old 03-11-2011

Thanks you Neil !
Old 03-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

have to say I did think as i typed my petit entry last year " Hmm paypal gift"

Now hats off to anyone who trys to arrange any big meetings, It's bloody hard work!! only things I was a little diserpointed in last year at petit was the track after soooo mutch hype! (the big jump was shocking for a big meeting with full heats, show boating maybe but racing), the venue being open the daybefore for practice. and only doing 2wd having to wait for hours to get a T-shirt saturday,(and then it was a scrum down) when I had a long drive home to do. From norfolk and back all in one day, could have got the tee shirt at the start.

decided to give it a miss this year

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 04-11-2011

I now have a refund !
Old 04-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post