Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 04-03-2012

Default Chassis Protectors

As a few of you may have seen on an earlier post i've recently made some self adhesive chassis protectors for the Durango 210 and 410 and also the Vega 201 - the Vega B4.1, losi mini eight and Durango SC are on the way...

They're made from a thick "stone chip" vinyl designed to protect "proper" cars from stone chip damage, it's a tough CLEAR vinyl and certainly stops the majority of damage to the chassis.
They also come with an extra strip for added protection to the front kickup of the chassis.

Unlike the standard chassis protector sheets you can buy, these are cut to the contour of the chassis and also have all the screw holes precut meaning that you can do any work without having to remove or replace it.

I can also make these from textured carbon fibre vinyl which does give less protection than the clear but does look real good....

I'm currently selling these for £3.75 each plus £1.25 postage (combined if you buy more than 1) and payment is by paypal gift or you pay the fees.

Anyone interested send me a pm.

Last edited by afun1979; 09-03-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-03-2012
oOple Journalist

Arrow chassis protection

Top work Andy! having the screw holes pre-cut puts these streets ahead of other products out there, and the price is brilliant! Win win situation for anybody who wants to keep their pride and joy looking mint....buy one now folks

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776
Old 11-03-2012

Default carbon chassis protector

Bought 2 of these from Andy for my 410.

Perfect fit, no bubbles, holes line up perfectly and they look good to boot!! Arrived the next day in an envelope marked 'do not bend'!!

Cant recommend enough!!
Old 11-03-2012
Mad Member

Ditto post above
Old 11-03-2012
Mad Member

Will you be doing any to fit the Losi 22.
Old 11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian s View Post
Will you be doing any to fit the Losi 22.
Yes, providing i can find someone that will lend me a car to copy i'm planning on getting these done - i'll post them up as soon as they're ready.
Old 11-03-2012
Super Moderator

Hi, I gave my 410 and 210 protective sheets their first real test today at Chadderton and they have held up really well considering the heavy landings off the jumps.

No rips or tears - GOOD PRODUCT!

Cheers

Damo

BRITISH NATIONAL 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2012
BRITISH NATIONAL SERIES 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2013

Old 12-03-2012
Mad Member

could you please send some pictures?
thx
Old 12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowie View Post
could you please send some pictures?
thx
Here's a few extra's....
http://s948.photobucket.com/albums/ad325/andrew_funge/
Old 12-03-2012

Looks sweet!!!

Last edited by Streetfighter-r; 12-03-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 12-03-2012

Looks sweet, can you confirm the weight of the vinyl, guessing its measured in micron, e.g 200 scratch resist? I am interested but can I also see some pics around the edges - my only worry is peeling around top edges but with super glue adhesive on bonded parts to make life harder rather than easier in the long run

Many thanks in advance!
Old 13-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetfighter-r View Post
Looks sweet, can you confirm the weight of the vinyl, guessing its measured in micron, e.g 200 scratch resist? I am interested but can I also see some pics around the edges - my only worry is peeling around top edges but with super glue adhesive on bonded parts to make life harder rather than easier in the long run

Many thanks in advance!
I can confirm the thickness of the clear "stone chip" vinyl is 240 micron and i'm sure the carbon fibre effect vinyl is around the 130 micron mark - but i don't currently have the data sheet for this so don't hold me to it!

I'll post a picture tomorrow in a bit of daylight of the edges for you - i've got to get the camera out anyway as i've just finished the DESC410 design.
Old 28-03-2012

Pm'd
Old 27-04-2012

I've been receiving a few Pm's recently asking if i've still any stock left - just to let you know that they're all made to order so i've an endless supply if needed.
Old 01-05-2012

Just wondering how long the clear protector tends to last on a very rough rocky track?

I race on a track that is not kept up too well and has some golf ball sized rocks half embedded in the dirt.
Old 01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slash View Post
Just wondering how long the clear protector tends to last on a very rough rocky track?

I race on a track that is not kept up too well and has some golf ball sized rocks half embedded in the dirt.
I've no idea mate! there's too many variables - do you have to hit the rocks? are they smooth or sharp? what's your ride height like?..... sorry i can't give you an answer but none of the tracks i race on are that rough.

They're obviously not as strong as a normal undertray but they certainly give a lot more protection than running nothing....

Andy

Last edited by afun1979; 01-05-2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-05-2012

Alright thanks. I will have to look a little closer at our track and get a good look at some of the rocks.
Old 01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by afun1979 View Post
I've no idea mate! there's too many variables - do you have to hit the rocks? are they smooth or sharp? what's your ride height like?..... sorry i can't give you an answer but none of the tracks i race on are that rough.

They're obviously not as strong as a normal undertray but they certainly give a lot more protection than running nothing....

Andy

Hi,

Where can I order this protective sheet for 410?
Thx
Old 03-05-2012

Just wanted to give some praise to afun1979's protectors. I ordered and payed for two protectors on sunday evening, they were shipped out monday, shipped to California by the way, and I just received them today. They are absolutely incredible quality with a lot of attention to detail on the screw cut outs. The whole thing lined up perfectly after lining up the front end, I've used chassis protectors in the past before but never one like this where when line-upped everything was so exact there was no need to trim anything. Extremely pleased overall, I can only hope you are able to make these for other cars as well. A HHH Ve8 for instance
Old 05-05-2012

i ordered one of these the other day for my dex210 it came next day and was an excellent fit and had a bonus extra kick up piece for added protection woud recommend getting one