Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 12-03-2011
Administrator

Default DESC410R - SHORT COURSE SETUP

Hey, here's a sticky for talking about setups for the SC Durango.
Old 12-03-2011

I need some info on servo saver setups, the manual doesn't seem to show how far the nut should be tightened. I've tested it by hand and it seems ok, but a recommended setup would be good!
Old 12-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Won't it be the same as the 410 ? Nah scratch that it's totally different
Old 12-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

I recommend putting threadlock on the adjustment nut and the screw that fixes it to the servo. I've had both come loose. Suppose I should have been more safe and applied it to start with, but i didn't. If the screw comes out, you loose the spring and everything if you're not lucky.

If you don't have the roll bar set, i would recommend that too. I don't have it so have put 1000cst all round in the shocks (for indoors) just to stop it rolling or digging in too much.
Old 03-04-2011

Default DESC410R Gear Ratios

Hi I just tested my DESC for a few batteries and have to tell you I am very impressed, switching from a Slash4x4 is a major difference ...but what about
gearing ratio recommendations ? I actually run a LRP 6.5 540 Motor with a 17 teeth pinion and the motor starts to heat up very much ...So I would like to switch to a 550 Motor, but not having any Module 1 pinions I wondered if someone already had experience with 550 Motors in the durango ? So what sizes do I should start purshasing pinions ...
Any recommendations about motors 550 ? I am struggling between LRP and Novak.

A short recommendation for the kit set up: Insert a 7mm washer in the inside of the rear shock body under the pistons, the droop the car originally had is way too much and the car will body roll a lot.
Old 04-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilow View Post
Hi I just tested my DESC for a few batteries and have to tell you I am very impressed, switching from a Slash4x4 is a major difference ...but what about
gearing ratio recommendations ? I actually run a LRP 6.5 540 Motor with a 17 teeth pinion and the motor starts to heat up very much ...So I would like to switch to a 550 Motor, but not having any Module 1 pinions I wondered if someone already had experience with 550 Motors in the durango ? So what sizes do I should start purshasing pinions ...

A short recommendation for the kit set up: Insert a 7mm washer in the inside of the rear shock body under the pistons, the droop the car originally had is way too much and the car will body roll a lot.
If you want to go up to the mod1 pinions its more a question of how big your track is and what wind of 550 you are thinking of. Assuming just a general range and a 5.5t or a 4.5t i would start with 12-15t pinions. I run a 5.5t Novak Ballistic motor in mine and run 13t indoors on a medium sized track and 14t or 15t on the bigger outdoor track thats just loamy wet dirt. If you were going to run the 4.5t you may want to go down a tooth. This truck doesnt need mind blowing throttle like the old generation of 4wd SCTs. The old gen trucks (jammin,hyper,traxxas) laps went like this "fight through the turn with poor steering, blast full throttle to the next turn, fight some more with poor steering, full throttle to the next turn" etc. This truck you can actually cut your throttle way back and focus on your lines.
Old 04-04-2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilow View Post

I ran the Tekin 6.5 motor (540) with 23T pinion!!! You are very undergeared I think.
I would like to try one of the high-torque rotors for the Tekin motor and I think you can get such things for your LRP also. I haven't tried a 550 motor.
Old 04-12-2011

Default Carpet set-up for DESC410r

Has anybody got a decent starting setup for carpet? I've looked on TD's site, Petit RC and browsed a few forums, but can't find a completed setup sheet..

For reference, I have the centre diff rather than the locked diff..
Old 05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
Has anybody got a decent starting setup for carpet? I've looked on TD's site, Petit RC and browsed a few forums, but can't find a completed setup sheet..

For reference, I have the centre diff rather than the locked diff..
Im no expert at setups but i had a good run round last night on a mostly carpet track with a few slippy bits,

Front shocks- 1.2x6 piston, 600cst, dark red springs

Rear shocks- 1.3x6 piston, 450cst, dark red spring

Rear diff 2000cst, mid diff 5000cst, front diff 7000cst

anti roll bars all round, 1.5 front 1.3 rear taken from my DEX410

Rear shocks outer hole on the tower.

all the other links and shock mountings as per manual

schumacer yellow mini pins all round

hope this helps , i was in the same boat as you so just had a play seems to be ok but im sure it can be improved.
Old 05-12-2011

Thanks for the reply. I've got a couple of options now. I have been reliably informed that Adam Skeldings A1 setup from the Durango site works well on carpet (by Adam), and fortunately for me, I have what I need to apply it to my Truck..

I'll let you know how I get on with it.. I haven't cut the inner and outer rows of spikes on the front tyres yet, as they are worn a bit and once done, there's no turning back.... But will be taking side cutters with me and will have no hesitation in choping them up if need be..
Old 19-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

could some one let me know how tight they are doing the servo saver,
thanks

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 19-01-2012
Administrator

I have about 2mm of thread showing. Make sure you threadlock your servo screw - I found it worked loose very easily.
Old 23-11-2014

Default help needed with rear sliding out desc410

hi all

been trolling the net and just cant seem to nail down a good way to go with setting up my desc410 at my local astro track.... so many different opinions out there on diff oils etc etc springs but i m a bit lost..

the thing just looses the rear end under power on fast bends ...its like i can almost drift with the thing if i had the skills to controll it! cant go more than 1/4 throttle on a long fast bend or it goes!

track is astro, always damp, and slippery but had same issue when it was dry in the summer!

current setup
diffs.... 7 7 5
shocks front 42 dark blue
shocks rear 42 red
tyres dboots A multibite
tekin 5.5 550 motor
saddle packs
rear shocks laid down
fronts up a bit more

any advice or tricks would be great....

cheers

jon