Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 19-07-2012

Default Supastox - Tips/Tricks & Gearing

Going to run my Supastox in the near future, indoor on an oval carpet track. Any hints/tips or tricks to get the best out of it ?

Going to run 4 cell, G2 brushed. Any idea what sort of gearing to start with ? Got the stock spur on there at the minute with a 16T pinion ....
Old 19-07-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I generally run 70/25 (48dp) with my Saturn 20T motor on 4cell. Have gone to 24 and 26, but feels best there on the tracks I run at. you can work out ratio for 32dp, if that's what you are using. table for both in manual.
Moving to 13.5t/1S as i'm lacking speed on certain tracks.

I'm currently running with green front springs, and yellow on rear, on middle holes. I may try white springs next. i'm also only running one set of red o-rings on the rear links, on the chassis side, not the motor pod side of the links. Found this better than none or a full set. 35 shore rear tyres.

50 shore tyres work great on the front. Tune your end points to give same lock each side, and travel to get the right amount of lock for the track. Always do this in your first practice laps on a track.
Kit 47 shore fronts gave me too much front end, which i had to dial out with travel on tranny, then had no lock if not running at speed, or i got taken out.

Use decent thread lock on all the metal to metal screws. They can work loose.

enjoy it. its a really fun car and class to race in.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 19-07-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnikon View Post
indoor on an oval carpet track.
I must add that I race on carpet circuits at YMRC, not oval.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 19-07-2012

Thanks for the info Neal.

Going to switch to 48DP as i have plenty of pinions already. Just needing an idea of starting point to be honest.

Ordering up some 50's for the front as i heard the kit tyres aren't great.
Old 19-07-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just get the 70 tooth spur. I ran a 74 at first, but it got chewed up pretty quickly on carpet debris. 70 is noticeably smaller in diameter, so should pickup less crud from carpet.