Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 23-05-2012
Mad Member

Default Kidderminster 2WD

Weather forecast here.
Old 24-05-2012

Ha ha ha!!

Love it!!

Associated B5M, Team C TC02C, Team Durango DEX410v3
Old 24-05-2012

Here's hoping this somewhat clement weather is going to remain

Hard to believe a fortnight ago the mercury was sitting at -3° & peaking at about 12°
Old 25-05-2012
Mad Member

Looks like a great weekend...

This is an insane number of entries

http://www.brca-midwest.co.uk/entry.pdf
Old 25-05-2012

Exclamation

Hi All,

Thanks to a brilliant entry of 108 for this sunday (there have been some cancellations too!) this is a message to you all to say that we need you to all work together in terms of pitting. The whole pitting field is in use, please do not cause any blockages near the gates etc., park neatly and in general use common sense.

The area accomodates 120 racers at Nationals so will be no problem if we are all sensible, however to be on the absolute safe side, if any of you have the opportunity to car share with another racer please do so, we do get a lot of spectators coming to watch at kiddy and the more cars we can accomodate in the sight the better.

See you all bright and early on sunday!

Tom
Old 26-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Tom, can you confirm the gates opening and booking in starting times please. Just wondering if your going to try and push things forward due to the large entry?
Old 26-05-2012

Default Kiddy

Hi Roger... We are gonna try and be there for 7am and open the gates, but not sure on starting times, depends on how booking in goes.
Old 26-05-2012

Send a message via MSN to russmini

That's where its handy if you're a Kiddy Member and know the lock code

Unfortunately, I've got to drop the missus of at work at 7, so can't use it to my advantage

Oh well, see you all early ish for a hopefully cracking trouble free meeting in the basking sunshine.

Old 26-05-2012

With some cancellations received, we are much closer to 100 entries now, which means though at the moment it's 11 heats, we will likely only have 10 heats tomorrow, so no need to tweak the schedule too much.

We will try and open booking in at 7.45am depending on how things go with prep in the morning. Practice in heat order starting at 8.15-8.30 dependent on how quickly you guys get booked in. We will look to get quali underway at 9.45am but if not 10am as normal - depends on no-shows, tweaks needed to the heat sheet on the day.

See you in the morning.
TY
Old 27-05-2012

Great day today, as always at Kiddy! Some brilliant racing today and well run as always. I do think the briefings should mention scrutineering though as a lot of people don't seem to know anything about it.

Ludlow Radio Car Club

LRCC Youtube Vid.
Old 27-05-2012
Mad Member

A good day racing but disappointing G final result for me. I improved each round but was just not quick enough through the bends. I love kiddy but struggle to make the car flow through that rear section.

N
Old 28-05-2012

Send a message via MSN to russmini

Cracking day racing at Kiddy.

Started off terrible, but progresively got better and better.

Really liked the track, the back section was soo tricky though, but i'd happily run that layout again.

Thank you to everyone who helped make the day happen.

Old 28-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

I had a great day. The E final is great for me with 2wd

I don't think strutineering should be mentioned on the PA if people haven't been through. Just disqualify them. they won't miss it again. It's not like the scales and box are a new concept...

It was a BRCA event run to the BRCA rules. Just like people who have left the rostrum during the race have been handed penalties in the past.
Old 29-05-2012

I had a great time on Sunday too!

I would have to say though as someone returning to the sport after a 17 year break, (Sunday was my first regional event since 1995) i think mentioning scrutineering on the PA is definately be a good thing for all the people who either haven't been for a long long time or are completely new to it all!

I nearly forgot on a couple of races and had run back down off the rostrum! I think it would be harsh to disqualify someone new cos it had slipped their mind, there is a hell of a lot to remember when it's all new and that mixed with the excitment and anxiety of wanting to do well makes it easy to forget something!

If we treat newbies to the sport like that then they are far less likely to come back.

Associated B5M, Team C TC02C, Team Durango DEX410v3
Old 29-05-2012

Great day on Sunday, although one to forget for me, i just wasn't consistent & struggled to do anything other than hover at the bottom end of the tables.

On the subject of scrutineering, i did notice a couple of cars running unlisted motors & LiPo's. Why aren't they being checked along with if the car has 3 non cut-down numbers on, weight & width??

I asked the question at the start of the season if the electrics (for the reasons it's not stated clearly on the website rules page) needed to be BRCA listed as at the time i only had a suitable sensorless system (unless i ran with the 10.5 out of my 12th) & an unlisted LiPo & couldn't really afford to buy new kit.. specifically being told i had to run BRCA listed kit as if it was a national, thus on health & safety grounds etc it was a requirement & I would not be allowed to run otherwise, which meant i had to go out & spend nearly £300 that i hadn't got on new electrics at a time when i really didn't have money to play with due to struggling after Christmas. As you can imagine i'm a tad annoyed to see people using the same unlisted sensorless system i was told i couldn't use & unlisted LiPo's at Kiddy on Sunday!
Old 29-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

100% agree with you theres also a number of us that have done the same gone out and got BRCA listed lipos only to see others that havent and also lipo bags not everyone charging in them either or has this rule changed that you dont need to use one now.
Old 29-05-2012

I'd have to agree with the BRCA legal equipment rule. I to have recently started racing again after a 6/7 year break. When purchasing new equipment, I ensured that it was all BRCA legal, and that my cells are always in LiPo sacks both when charging and storing, just to be extra safe. I think this should all be checked on race day if possible, I know committee members are often busy racing or ensuring the meeting runs smoothly. Perhaps cars could be checked at random during the scrutineering process?

Also, regarding scrutineering, I understand that this has to be enforced, and feel that perhaps an e-mail to all drivers before the event, and it mentioned at every drivers briefing should be enough. People shouldn't have to be reminded constantly throughout the day. Meeting disqualification is perhaps a step to far for missed scrutineering, but perhaps if a driver were to miss it and there car still pass after the race, perhaps a 10 second penalty, or the cancellation of that particular round of qualifying? There are a lot of different views to all of these topics really...
Old 29-05-2012

Also i don't wish to sound like i'm whinging but can i add there were a hell of a lot of calls over the tannoy on Sunday for cars that had missed scrutineering, with the same "threats" being called numerous times - sometimes the same cars i imagine - with pretty much every heat having someone that had failed to have their car checked. Seems a few too many were not putting their cars through basic scrutineering & not having their times docked.. what is the point in having these rules if people are not enforcing them & turning what is supposed to be a serious competition into a free-for-all?

At the end of the day the rule is if you miss or fail scrutineering, your time is squashed for that round & yes i can understand Scrutineers being lenient for the 1st round & letting a few go when everyone is still a little sleepy & delicate after the early morning drive to the track or unaware of where the scrutineers table is, but come on, to still be calling out over the tannoy that people are missing scrutineering during the last round of qualifiers or even during the finals, with times not being docked is taking the Michael a little.
Old 30-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I believe that there was at least one person who DID lose their round score for failing to present the car.

I agree that there were way too many people not going through at Kidderminster and that something needs to be done to tighten that up a bit. I also can't say I've never missed one myself and thus have been greatful of the oppertunity to present the car after a run with just a telling off!

Please remember that our scruitineers are often non-racing people (like Maggie and Sarah at Kidderminster on Sunday) helping out so some things such as motor/cell type may occassionally get missed. That said Sarah also does the national at Kidderminster where she WILL be working to the list provided on the day so if one had been made available I'm sure it would have been used.
Old 30-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomConflict View Post
Meeting disqualification is perhaps a step to far for missed scrutineering
You only lost your time for that race if you didn't strutineer before the race. It was never said you'd be removed from the meeting.